“Wonderful stay” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Platte, South Dakota
“Wonderful stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel was beautiful. I had stayed in the past at this hotel when it was the hyatt and I tell you what the Sheraton has really out done themselves. To start off the lobby renovation was amazing so light and crisp. The room was clean and I really enjoyed my veiw up on the 33rd floor, everyone that worked there was top of the line.
There is one person I would like to recognize and really set my visit over the top. Erika at the front desk was one of the most professional people I have ever incontered in any of my hotel stays. She really made me feel that my needs and wants were priority. She would always answer me by name and anything I asked about she had a detailed and through answer. She truely made my stay individuaized and special, becuase of the beyond 5 star rating service I recieved from Erika, I want to stay at other Sheratons, and any time I am in Kansas City I will stay here without a doubt. Because of her, you most certainly have a loyal and repeat customer out of me! Thank you for an amazing stay in kansas city!

Room Tip: high floor with a city veiw is mind blowing!
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Travelerphil54763- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and were able to relax in your room with the wonderful view of downtown Kansas City! It means so much to our team that you were able to have such a connection with one of our employees! We at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center have devoted time and energy into building a world class brand. All of our training starts with “It’s all about the Guest”. Our goal is to transform the guest experience so that it is different, better and special and it sounds like Erika was able to do just that! I have shared your comments wtih our Front Office team so she receives the praise she deserves. Your business means so much to us and we look forward to creating another signature stay with you!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Finnish first
Redmond, WA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton in a "Club Level" room for 3 nights last week. We had stayed at the Westin previously for a week and thought this would be similar to what is supposed to be an upscale hotel.
Considering the size of the room, the room amenities, etc. I would classify this hotel as just a general one. And the "Club" that is accessible to only club level guests really wasn't worth the extra money. Breakfast wasn't too bad and they offered one hot dish. Dinner was all but one time pretty lacking. And during the day when there are supposed to be snacks and such it really wasn't.
Never went to the pool or the gym as you have to go across the entire lobby to get to the special elevator to get to that area.
For a standard class hotel, I rate this a 3 star, for a premier class hotel, this would be a one or two star.

Room Tip: The views in the club level rooms are fantastic, the rooms themselves are just your standard fare.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
TheREALgregma- Thank you for talking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I sincerely apologize that your stay was less than perfect with the disappointing experience in our Club Lounge as well as in our guest rooms. Your experience was not at all what staying at a Sheraton should feel like and your feedback can only help us provide a more renewing experience for all guests. I have addressed the issues regarding the food quality in our club lounge with our Guest Services team so we can work to provide signature service in the future. We at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center have devoted time and energy into building a world class brand. All of our training starts with “It’s all about the Guest”. Our goal is to transform the guest experience so that it is different, better and special, which builds guest satisfaction and loyalty.
I am very pleased to hear you were able to enjoy the beautiful view of downtown Kansas City from the Club Lounge. We value your business and hope to have the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for sharing your comments and concerns.
Augusta, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

We stay at he Sheraton at Crown Center for a family weekend getaway. The staff was very friendly and the room was very nice. We loved how close it was to Sealife Aquarium and Legoland, It was just a short walk away. We love The Link to Crown Center, I t also was a short walk to some great shopping and fun restaurants. We would definitely come back and stay here next time.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
seashells02- Thank you for sharing your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is a pleasure to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a comfortable stay. The Sheraton is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center walking distance to so many of Kansas City's most popular attractions and it is great that you were able to use the link covered walkway to stay warm and visit the shops and restaurants as well as our new Sea Life Aquarium and Lego Land! The Sheraton team looks forward to having you back and creating another signature stay! Check out our Sea Life and Lego Land packages on our website for your next stay.
Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights on business. The hotel was in a good location for my business meetings. The check in was quick, friendly and efficient. I was on the 21st floor with a city view. The furnishings were nice and the best part was the bed. Very comfortable and the sheets, pillows and comforter were also great (which makes a big difference). Room didn't seek to be able to get warm, but that was ok, I prefer a cooler room. Bathroom was well equipped (hair dryer, towels, soaps) with plenty of hot water. My only complaints would be the Internet which there was a few for and the gym was difficult to find (I wasted about 15 minutes walking around trying to find it. It's on the "e" level and not by the pool. I finally spotted a small sign that had that on it. The other signs all pointed me towards the pool. The resturant had a nice breakfast buffet and friendly wait staff.

• Stayed March 2013
marcyn- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, as well as providing the beautiful picture of downtown Kansas City from you room! It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff provided quick and efficient service, making sure you had everything you needed for a warm and welcoming stay! The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is a favored amenity by many guests and I am so happy you were able to sleep in comfort! I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience you had with finding out fitness center. I understand how frustrating it can be finding your way around. Please do not hesitate to call our guest services department by dialing 0 in the future and we would be more than happy to make sure you get where you need to go without any confusions. We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future! Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Hendersonville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center while attending a business conference. The staff was very friendly and went out of their way to make sure my stay was exactly what I desired. At check-in, when I asked to be changed to a room with a king size bed, the staff member was able to immediately make the change and asked if I preferred an upper or lower floor. Other staff members throughout the hotel greeted me and asked if they could assist me during my stay. My room was comfortable and clean, and this will definitely be my first choice of places to stay when in Kansas City.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Kathy S- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making sure you had everything you need for a warm and relaxing stay. It is our goal as a Sheraton to make our guests feel welcome and important and I am happy our staff throughout the hotel was able to create this experience for you. Your business means very much to our team and I look forward to creating another memorable stay for you in the future!
Akron, Ohio
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2013

I recently stayed at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center for a business trip and I must say everything was wonderful. The hotel was very clean, staff was very attentive to my needs and the location was close to restaurants and shopping. I particularly loved the fact that inspite of the back to back snow storms I was able to walk over to the Crown Center shopping complex and restaurants and not even bring a coat.....the walkways are all enclosed and heated!! Another great ammenity was the hotel would take you to various restaurants nearby...such a great feature if you're not renting a car. The food at the hotel was exceptional and I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Kansas City downtown area.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
jmar3067- Thank you for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, ensuring you had everything you needed for a warm, relaxing stay. We take great pride inb eing located in the heart of Crown Center and I am happy you were able to use our Link covered walkway to keep you dry and warm to visit our shops and restaurants in Crown Center! I am delighted our staff was able to present you with exceptional food in our restaurants! Your business means very much to the Sheraton team and we look forward to creating many more warm, welcoming stays for you in the future.
Monterrey, Mexico
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights
Huge, super clean room
Bathroom very nice and clean too
King size bed (one of the most comfortable beds I’ve ever slept in)
Coffee maker
Great views
Delicious breakfast buffet
Meeting room with all necessary amenities except wifi
The hotel has a fitness center
Walking distance to shopping mall ,restaurants, National World War Museum etc (you can use the link without going outside)
Very friendly and helpful staff
No wifi in the room (10 usd per day)

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
ColuAvila- Thank you for sharing your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you were able to relax in comfort in your Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed, enjoying the beautiful view of downtown Kansas City from your room! We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center and I am pleased you were able to take advtange of using our Link covered walkway to visit all of the shops and restaurants in Crown Center! It is our goal as a Sheraton to make our guests feel warm and welcome and I am happy our staff was able to provide this experience for you. The Sheraton values yoru business and we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!