“What a difference a year makes!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #11 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Walnut Creek, California
“What a difference a year makes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

Sheraton bought this property from Hyatt last year and I stayed there during the renovations. At the time, the experience was very disappointing. A year later I was very pleasantly surprised. The renovations are complete and they did a great job.

The hotel looked spotless to me and the staff was all very warm, friendly and helpful.

The rooms now have a coffee maker, refrigerator and in-room safe. The TV channel selection is good. There is a charge for wireless but the signal is strong and consistent. I loved the bed linens and the pillows are huge.

Everything you would want for a comfortable business trip.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 10, 2012
Andrea074- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. We are so excited to be complete with our Lobby and front drive renovations. It is so great to hear you are pleased with the new improvements and that you were able to relax in comfort with the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper beds. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the new amenities we offer in the room and that our staff was friendly and accommodating, making you feel warm and welcome. We truly value your business and are so happy you enjoyed yoru stay. Thank you for your loyalty to the Sheraton Crown Center, we look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Finnish first
Plattsmouth, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

It was ou first time at the Sheraton and we visited for a pre Christmas trip with our daughter and her boyfriend. All the staff was very friendly, helpful and personable. The beds and pillows were awesome. Would stay here again and hopefully very soon!

Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Debbie S- Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. It is so great to hear your family chose the Sheraton to spend your weekend! The Sheraton strives to provide signature service to our guests and I am so happy to hear they were friendly, accommodating and made you feel welcome. The Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed is a favored amenity by many guests and it is great you were able to relax and unwind in its comfort. We truly value your business and are very excited to have you all back again to create another welcoming and memorable stay. The Sheraton offers great package deals throughout the year, especially over the holidays. Check out these packages on our website for your next stay.
Kansas City
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2012

I have stayed at this hotel many times for work over the past 7 years. I recently stayed for non business and my stay was great. If you've stayed here before, the first thing you will notice is the wonderful job they did remodeling the lobby. It is so much brighter and welcoming. The staff was friendly and very accommodating. I love the heated indoor/outdoor pool. Our room was large and very clean with a nice view of the city. Next time I plan on staying in the city, I will be checking the availability here first.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 6, 2012
Sherilyn B- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm comments regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. We are very excited about the new lobby and front drive renovations and it is so great to hear you are happy with the finished product and that is creates a more bright and inviting enviroment for you. It is great to hear you were able to take advantage of our heated pool and were able to relax and enjoy the wonderful view that is provided in our rooms of downtown Kansas City. The Sheraton strives to provide signature service to our guests and I am very happy to hear they were friendly and accommodated you with any of your needs. We look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future. Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. Happy holidays!
Knoxville, Tennessee
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I have been staying at this Sheraton off and on since March 2012. Throughout all my stays the staff has been outstanding. Even through the rennovations they took time to make sure I had everything I needed. The staff in Spectators is great. Can't recommend this hotel enough!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Deborah O- Thank you very much for sharing your warm comments about the recent stay you had at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. The Sheraton Team believes in creating a relaxing and memorable stay for our guests. It is so great to hear our staff has been very consistent with providing your outstanding service in all of your stays with us, especially in Spectators Sports Bar. We appreciate your patience with the renovations. The Sheraton could not be more pleased and excited with the finished outcome of the lobby and front drive. Thank you very much for your loyalty to our hotel. We look forward to having you back to visit soon. If you have not had the opportunity to do so yet, check out the Club Lounge access for your next stay. We offer a great breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon and complimentary internet in your room as well.
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

I spent two nights here in November. Very friendly check in process that offered good suggestions for restaurants. I got upgraded no problem to a room on a higher floor. Excellent gym. "Skies" on the top floor provides buffet breakfast and snack, and free coffee all day long, including Americanos, lattes, etc. I ordered room service that came in no time at all, although the hotel seemed to be not all that full when I was there and thus I cannot comment on what room service may have been like if the hotel was more fully occupied. The new lobby is beautiful and airy. The hotel is located at Crown Center, which is near Union Station, Lego Land, and shops, but about a $5 taxi ride to the downtown core. Only one area I found lacking. The clean up service in my room did not come until I called later in the evening, and then they left my empty water bottles and coffee cups.

Room Tip: Higher room with a view of K.C. is amazing
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
JJudy- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City at Crown Center. It is great to hear our staff welcomed you with a warm friendly attitude and was able to check you in quickly and efficient. The Sheraton is very excited about all of the new renovations in the lobby, front drive as well as the new fitness center. I am happy to hear you found the lobby beautiful as well as enjoyed the fitness center. We are very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center, and knowing you were able to take advantage of the shops and restaurants as well as visit Union Station and the new Sea Life and Lego Land attrations is great! Check out the great package deals we offer for Sea Life, Lego Land and the newest Rock 'n' Roll Exhibit at Union Station on our website. Thank you again for your warm comments. We value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future.
Tacoma WA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Sheraton at Crown Center was a wonderful hotel. Our room was large and very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Even guests were very friendly! Housekeeping went above and beyond the call of duty when we ran into a bathroom issue. One bonus is that an above ground heated enclosed walkway connects the Sheraton, Crown Center (mall), Westin and the Union Station. You don't have to walk outside at all if you don't want to! We spent a few hours wandering the mall and then headed over to the Union Station. The lobby is quite large with comfy chairs for reading. Their business center has many computers so we had no problems getting online when we needed to. They had a buffet breakfast for $16 which I thought was a little pricey but their scrambled eggs were very tasty and they had a lot of fresh fruit. The waiter even offered to have the chef cook my eggs another way if I didn't want them scrambled. I ended up getting the buffet and was glad I did. Great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
aramcobrat74- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating, and went above and beyond to take care of any of your needs. We are very fortunate to be located in the hear of Crown Center, surrounding so many of Kansas City's favorite attractions. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of the "Link" covered walkway and were able to take advantage of visiting Union Station as well as the shops and restaurants in Crown Center. We are very excited about the newly renovated lobby as well as our new Link at Sheraton by Microsoft, and I am pleased to hear you found it comfortable and convenient. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Check out the great packages we offer on our website for Sea Life, Lego Land and our Holiday packages as well.
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here. The service staff were welcoming and helpful. We did not want to pay for parking and they clued us in to free holiday parking that was available down the street. The room was comfortable and bathroom was clean with good amenities. It met our high expectations for a Sheraton. The only thing I'd like Sheraton to do is offer better tea selections.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thankxgiving Traveler- Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your room and found the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed comfortable. We value your business and feedback and look forward to having you back to our hotel in the future to provide the signature service our staff strives to give our guests and create another relaxing and welcoming stay for you. Check out the Club Lounge access for your next stay. This includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon and internet access in your room.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!