“Wonderful place!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #8 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Tacoma WA
“Wonderful place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

The Sheraton at Crown Center was a wonderful hotel. Our room was large and very clean. The staff was very helpful and friendly. Even guests were very friendly! Housekeeping went above and beyond the call of duty when we ran into a bathroom issue. One bonus is that an above ground heated enclosed walkway connects the Sheraton, Crown Center (mall), Westin and the Union Station. You don't have to walk outside at all if you don't want to! We spent a few hours wandering the mall and then headed over to the Union Station. The lobby is quite large with comfy chairs for reading. Their business center has many computers so we had no problems getting online when we needed to. They had a buffet breakfast for $16 which I thought was a little pricey but their scrambled eggs were very tasty and they had a lot of fresh fruit. The waiter even offered to have the chef cook my eggs another way if I didn't want them scrambled. I ended up getting the buffet and was glad I did. Great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 12, 2012
aramcobrat74- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your warm feedback regarding your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear our staff was friendly and accommodating, and went above and beyond to take care of any of your needs. We are very fortunate to be located in the hear of Crown Center, surrounding so many of Kansas City's favorite attractions. I am happy to hear you enjoyed the convenience of the "Link" covered walkway and were able to take advantage of visiting Union Station as well as the shops and restaurants in Crown Center. We are very excited about the newly renovated lobby as well as our new Link at Sheraton by Microsoft, and I am pleased to hear you found it comfortable and convenient. We truly value your business and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Check out the great packages we offer on our website for Sea Life, Lego Land and our Holiday packages as well.

974 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Newport, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

My husband and I spent two nights here. The service staff were welcoming and helpful. We did not want to pay for parking and they clued us in to free holiday parking that was available down the street. The room was comfortable and bathroom was clean with good amenities. It met our high expectations for a Sheraton. The only thing I'd like Sheraton to do is offer better tea selections.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Thankxgiving Traveler- Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff was welcoming and helpful. I am pleased to hear your enjoyed your room and found the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper bed comfortable. We value your business and feedback and look forward to having you back to our hotel in the future to provide the signature service our staff strives to give our guests and create another relaxing and welcoming stay for you. Check out the Club Lounge access for your next stay. This includes breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the afternoon and internet access in your room.
Temecula, California
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

This was a totally standard Sheraton all around. No mini cars in rooms. Bare bones extras and flare. One of the things that I loved was the fact that this hotel is connected to the Crown Center. As I surprisingly discovered, the Crown Center is the most amazing place for kids I have ever been. (and I travel all the time) You could walk from the lobby through an enclosed walkway called the link (never get cold) to this "mall". There is a train restaurant where trains deliver your food, a crayola cafe and play center, a great ma and pa toy store, Legoland Discovery Center, an Aquarium, a gingerbread town, Hallmark HQ and Visitors Center (which is free and you get a great free gift at the end), and I could go on and on... It also connects you with Union Station which is a family trip in itself with the elaborate Christmas decorations and kids museum. Also a kids train to ride.
Regarding the actual hotel, the ice machine was broken on my floor and when I went one flight up, that one was as well so that was frustrating. The internet charge is $9.95-19.95 per device but they just changed this. I ordered room service being that it was a work trip and the food was edible but standard. There are no perks outside of the friendly and helpful staff. The bellman is a professional for sure and I always love to pull up to them.
Kansas City is pretty amazing and also has the nicest cab drivers. I had never been there but I would certainly go back soon.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
scubashark0822- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. We take great pride in being located in the heart of Crown Center, surrounded by so many of Kansas City's best attractions. It is so great to hear you found the location convenient and were able to take advantage of the Link covered walkway as well as being able to visit the new Sea Life Aquariam, Lego Land and the fun and exciting attractions Crown Center offers over the holidays. I am pleased our staff was professional and took great care of your family during your stay. We truly value your business and look forward to having you back to our hotel in the future. Check out the great packages we offer online for Sea Life and Lego Land for your next stay.
Durham
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton for business. I didn't have a choice in where I stayed and I'm glad I didn't. This place was great. From the first staff person that greeted me at the door to the person that checked me out, everyone was super friendly and very helpful. I order 2 meals from room service and both were great. I hope the next time I have to go to KC, my company puts me up there!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Renee K- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff made you feel warm and welcome! I am pleased your company chose the Sheraton Crown Center for you to stay and am happy to hear you want to return. We truly value your business and look forward to having the opportunity to servce you as our guest again, and provide the signature service our staff strives to give our guests.
Carrollton, Missouri, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at the Sheraton Kansas City for a conference and was treated like royalty. I was directed to available check-in personnel and had no wait even though many people were checking in. I was so comfortable in my room, I wanted to stay in rather than go out in the evenings. Snuggling in my bed was like snuggling in a cloud.
If I had wanted to leave my room, there are so many things to do close by and getting there is easy.
I did go to the onsite bar, Spectators, for a hamburger and beer. The wait staff anticipated my every need, showing up just when I was ready to order and refilling my drink before it was gone.
The Sheraton Kansas City Hotel is at the top of my list of places to stay in Kansas City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Julie M- Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay and that our staff treated your like royalty. The Sheraton wants nothing more than to create a warm and welcoming stay for our guests and provide signature service. One of our favored amenities is the Sweet Sleeper Bed, and I am so happy to hear you were able to relax and unwind in comfort! The Sheraton is very fortunate to be located in the heart of Crown Center and it is great to hear you were able to take advantage of the local attractions near by. We are truly thankful for your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to serving you as our guest in the future. Thank you again for your warm praises! For your next stay, check out the great Club Lounge access. This will include breakfast in the morning, appetizers in the evenings, internet access from your room and an breathtaking view of Kansas City from the top floor.
Garden City, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

My husband and I spent one night at The Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center to attend a concert at the Sprint Center. We picked the hotel primarily for the price and its proximity to both the Sprint Center and Union Station, as we came in on the train. Our experience was top-notch all the way around. We arrived very early on the train and were exhausted. I called the hotel the day before to be sure there was somewhere we could store luggage until check-in, and was encouraged to check with the front desk to see if a room was available when we arrived. We did so, and were pleasantly surprised to be able to check in upon arrival, giving us time to get in a much-needed nap. ALL STAFF WE ENCOUNTERED WERE EXCELLENT, from the front desk staff on arrival and departure, the door staff when needing a cab, the concierge, and the staff at Spectators, where we spent much of our afternoon the next day, as we had a late train out. The hotel accommodated our request for a late check-out, stowed our luggage safely away when we did check out, and the staff at Spectators found the Cowboys game on TV for us (particularly my husband, an avid Cowboys fan,) and encouraged us to pick where we'd like to sit, tuned the TV closest to that spot, and provided wonderful service while we watched the game. The beds were AMAZINGLY comfortable, to the point that my husband and I discussed getting one like it for home. From someone who very rarely sleeps well in hotels, this is high praise indeed. Also, the hotel is very clean, very well maintained, and has a lovely lobby area with lots of seating. It is also connected by a walkway to Crown Plaza and Union Station. We loved our experience and cannot wait to go back!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Joe_and_Katrina- Thank you very much for taking your time to share your wonderful experience at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. I am delighted to hear this was one of your best hotel stays ever and that our staff was able to accomodate you to an early check in after a long day of traveling. We take great pride in our customer service and strives to create a welcoming and relaxing stay for our guests. It is great to hear you enjoyed the Sheraton Sweet Sleeper Beds! You are able to purchase any of the Sweet Sleeper products on the Sheraton Shop at Home website. It is so good to hear you were able to use the covered Link walkway to Crown Center and Union Station to your convenience. It is a great amenity we have! We truly value your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to having the opportunity to serve you as our guest in the future and create many more memories for you.
Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Had stayed there many times before it was the Sheraton. Lot of renovations going on, but didn't interfere with my stay at all. The renovations are looking great - can't wait to see it completed. Work out facility is much improved over it's last set up. I'll be back.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Steve_ShalitKC, General Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, November 27, 2012
Fred R- Thank you for taking your time to share your positive feedback on your recent stay at the Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center. It is so great to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you are pleased with the new renovations. The Lobby and front drive are complete and we are very excited about the finished results! I am pleased to hear you like our new Fitnesss Center as well. We value your loyalty to the Sheraton and look forward to having you back to our hotel in the future. If you plan on returning over the holidays, check out the great packages we are offering on our website. Thank you again for your warm comments and have a great holiday.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!