My company budget normally precludes us from staying in places like the Hyatt. However, the convention registration for my trade show included lodging, and I was pretty excited.
So, here's the thing about the Hyatt Crown Center: it has the soul of a holiday inn. There's absolutely nothing wrong with the property, really. Nothing at all. But if you're expecting luxury, or something better than your average three star hotel, you're not going to find it here. The rooms aren't particularly large. The bath looks cramped and dated. The amenities are nice, but not great. (Though I swear the "white ginger" used to scent the soap and shampoo is actually "burnt plastic." But most others disagree with me.)
Kansas City isn't a high dollar market, you can get much better value (this should be a $75 hotel in this market) by looking around and booking online. I slipped into a room at the Westin while in town, and they were significantly nicer--if you need to stay in Crowne Center, that's a great option.
The other caveat--there's not much here. Crowne Center is allegedly a mall, but there's nothing but odd specialty shops and poor dining choices. You'll do well with a car, but if you have a car, you should just stay in another part of town.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center is located downtown near the Kauffman Performing Arts Center and other attractions. Our hotel has 5 on-site dining options and high speed internet access. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Starwood, Odigeo and Hotels.com so you can book your Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Kansas City Hotel At Crown Kansas City
- Hyatt Regency Kansas City
- Hyatt Kansas City