“Barbershop Convention” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Weston super Mare, United Kingdom
“Barbershop Convention”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2011

I went with about 60 mostly men from the UK to represent the Uk in a singing competion in the USA the hotel was big & capable of looking after our chorus & 3 other chorus's from other parts of the world. It was July temp out side 98 plus humidity which made it pretty hot.
Rooms were good size & beds were comfortable also the air condition was not noisey like I have experienced in other places .All in all the hotel made us feel very welcome

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
KyMoody, Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 23, 2011
We appreciate you going out of your way to share your thoughts & feedback with us. We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your stay at our Hyatt Regency Crown Center. Guests often provide us with enthusiastic feedback in regards to experiencing outstanding customer service that's provided by our employees. It's always great to hear how much our guests also enjoy the location of our hotel. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back with us again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Finnish first
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 20, 2011

There aren't that many great hotels in kc, and my bf at the time was coming to visit. I booked this hotel thru priceline. Check in was easy and the lobby was beautiful. We got a room on the 25th floor. OMG it was amazing! The views were phenominal, especially at night. The bed was super comfy and room had modern ameneties. Had a king size room. i would recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: rooms on top floor are best for views
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
We're thrilled you enjoyed our hotel and that our staff was helpful during your stay. We hope to welcome you back soon!
Minneapolis, MN
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

This property's days as a Hyatt are numbered and it will become a Sheraton in 2012. That is good news because it appears that the new owners will infuse some cash into this aging hotel.

The check in went smooth and service at this hotel is pretty good. The front desk staff is very professional and there is a tall, bearded bellmen who is great at his job and very customer oriented.

I couldn't get into my room with my key card and went down to the desk. They did send the bellmen up with me who saw that the door hardware wasn't working as it should of and the door would not open for me. He was able to get the door open by pushing in the handle some while lifting it as that was the "trick" to get this door open. He stated that new door hardware was coming soon.

As noted in my last review, the doors leading into the rooms appear original to the hotel and are beat up pretty good. The room was very clean and while not being overly spacious, it is nice sized. The TV remains one of the old tube type.

The rooms have been updated some and the updates make the rooms comfortable.and attractive. I would give this property 3 stars and the service 4 plus stars. Once the Starwood folks come in and spend some money in sprucing up some odds and ends, I am hoping that the physical property will match the service. Don't get me wrong, this place is by no means a dump, but it is just a little dated for me to give it 4 stars.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
KyMoody, Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 21, 2011
Thank you for your feedback about your experience at our property. I will share your comments with all of our staff. Our staff provides excellent guest service and I am pleased that they assisted you with a smooth check in. I do apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with your keys not working properly. The hotel will be going through some upgrades in the near future and we are very excited. We look forward to your next visit to Kansas City.
Sedalia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed at this hotel for a MML conference. I would almost give it a 5 star recommendation. The room was clean and spacious. The bed and pillows were comfortable. The location was pretty good for the downtown area. Parking was a little confusing at first trying to find where the parking garage was. The conference facilities were nice enough, but maybe a little small for some of the sessions I attended. My biggest issue is that they don’t provide free wifi or cabled internet access in the rooms. In this day in age and as much as we paid for the rooms, it is surprising that they don’t provide free access. They have some sort of TMobile paid access at $10 a day. I know it isn’t much but to me and I am sure many other business travelers, I would rather seem them bump the price $10 bucks and just include it. This is a conference center where the main customers are business people. This should be a given these days. I know they provided free access in the lobby, but still a pain. Otherwise I enjoyed my stay and would stay there again if they provided the wifi amenity. Otherwise I personally would look for another place if I could.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled on business
Columbia, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

The rooms are supposed to be "allergen free", but I didn't really find the room any cleaner than any other Hyatt I've stayed at. The beds are VERY comfortable and plush. The night views of downtown are gorgeous and you are walking distance to a few restaurants and bars. It'd be a good place to stay at for people with kids, since it is located on the link with Union Station and Crown Center.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
KyMoody, Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 15, 2011
Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay. We do have specific rooms that are Hypo-Allergenic and each of these rooms go through a purification process. You may go to our webstie and read "Respire by Hyatt" to gather more information for future visits at Hyatt Hotels. The views from our hotel are exceptional and I am glad you enjoyed it.
Livingston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

We've been to the Crown Center downtown a few times and have stayed at both the Westin and the Hyatt. Both are nice. I love the grand open spaces. Lots of shops and restaurants, too. The suite at the Hyatt was top shelf except for the ancient looking, CRT televisions, which didn't seem to belong. In a room this nice you'd expect a 40" LCD or plasma screen. The furniture & materials throughout the room gave the place a luxury feel. The bathroom had what looked like dark granite counters & the floor was a contrasting stone or marble. Really nice & looked like new. If it weren't for the older TVs, it felt like this room was new & we might have been the first to ever stay here. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
KyMoody, Manager at Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center, responded to this review, September 14, 2011
We are so delighted you enjoyed your suite accommodations and the décor of our guest rooms at the Hyatt Regency Crown Center. The televisions are being replaced in the near future and we are very excited for this upgrade. The Crown Center Complex has many attractions and we are glad that you were able to enjoy the shops and the restaurants. We look forward to having you as our guest again.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2011

My husband and I stayed there overnight. It's not as ritzy as they make it out to be. The updates they've made are nice....like the new modern look to the carpet, curtains and bedding. But no flat screen TV, our mini-fridge didn't work, and no coffee maker in the room. The pillows on the bed were horribly uncomfortable! Overall it did not have a cozy feel at all.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
I am so disappointed that you did not have a wonderful stay at our property. We appreciate your feedback and we would like to have the opportunity to make your experience into a positive one. At your convenience please contact the Hotel Assistant Manager at the hotel. We look forward to speaking to you.

Been to Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Crown Center? Share your experiences!