I have stayed at Embassy Suites (not at this location) before and really like it. This one was fine but not quit up to par with like of the one in St. Charles, MO.
I checked in for a 3-day stay attending a conference and teaching. My room key did not work. Had to schlep the baggage from the 6th floor to get new keys. Guess what...one key only worked once and I got locked out. After repeating this dilemma for 6 times and putting up with an ambivalent older lady at the front desk who could not care any less, I requested perhaps another room as was late at night and I had driven 500 miles to get there.
No dice on another room, but she handed me to a very nice dynamite young lady (Cristina) who cared enough to call the maintenance and check out the lock, repair it, and issue new keys that worked. And for my trouble she gave me free wifi.
Otherwise all went well and no more problem but the living room TV remote was dead, which was replaced the second day. Room did not smell as fresh as other Embassy Suites I have been...but was not bad.
The Premium Suite coffee was a half empty selection of a few (mostly decaf which I do not care for) coffees and a couple of bag of Sweet N' Low, and a plastic cap (see picture). But by the next day it got service and was fine.
Conference room was fine, seating was nice and all were well, minus a very bad lunch (unchewable meat of some unknown source), and a practicing singer in an adjacent room that was preparing for a wedding that night. So we enjoyed a technical conference with a background wedding songs! The free breakfast was very good for a free breakfast.
It is not a bad hotel but can use some improvement.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Embassy Suites Kansas City - International Airport hotel is located just five minutes south of Kansas City International Airport via complementary shuttle and within 20 minutes of most of Kansas City's businesses and corporations. Our Kansas City Airport hotel is a full-service, upscale, all-suite hotel with amenities and location make us ideal for the leisure and business travelers. Guests enjoy free cooked to order breakfast snacks and drinks at our complimentary Evening Reception, fitness center and business center.Nearby attractions include Zona Rosa Shopping & Entertainment District, Tiffany Greens Golf Course, The National Golf Course, Tiffany Hills Sports Complex, Country Club Plaza, Hallmark Visitors Center, Kansas Speedway, Arrowhead Stadium, Kaufman Stadium, Sprint Center, Kansas City Convention & Entertainment Center, Kemper/Hale Arena, Kansas City Zoo and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Tingo, Hilton Hotels, Hotels.com, BookingOdigeoWL and Venere so you can book your Embassy Suites Kansas City - International Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Kansas City - International Airport Hotel Kansas City
- Kansas City Embassy Suites