“One of the worse places I have ever stayed in!!” 1 of 5 stars
Review of Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex

You added Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex to your Saves list
Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1051 North Cambridge Street, Kansas City, MO 64120 (Formerly Country Hearth Inn)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #68 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Lincoln, Nebraska
“One of the worse places I have ever stayed in!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 1, 2012

The room was not clean. The hall smelled of cigarette smoke..the bathroom is in need of repairs. Had to ask for towels. There were flies flying around in the breakfast area. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone I know

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
CH2171, Manager at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, August 3, 2012
I apologize for your experience here at Country Hearth Inn ... We try to enforce that people DO NOT smoke in the NON Smoking areas, we always deep clean after we have found that the room has been smoked in.. however there are times that it is very difficult to get the smell out.. It is quite frustrating for yourself and us, when others do this, and cause problems for the rest of us.
We most definitely would have moved you if you would have mentioned this to our front desk. Our staff is here to make sure you are accomodated, and we by no means want anyone to have an uncomfortable stay here.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Glenwood, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2012

I booked this for two nights and we could not stay for the second night even though I was out the money. It is disgusting, the carpet in one of the hallways was soaked and it smelled terrible. The room was extremely small and not very clean. The tub was dirty and the whole place is just creepy. The outside of the motel looks like it is falling apart , the fridge did not work and the TV looked like it was an 80's model and the eating area was full of flies.

Room Tip: Don't even go near this hotel.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
First I want to apologize for your experience here.. second.. I would like to explain that during the time frame you were here, we did have an issue that had caused the floors to be wet in the are of the hotel that you are speaking of... However we approached the problem as quickly as possible.. the leak was stopped, and we cleaned the carpets, and dried them!
The rooms are not really small, however you may have chosen a room that may seem smaller than others, due to the amount of beds in the room.. I am not sure...
We strive to make all our guests happy, and had you mentioned this prior to check out, we certainly would have addressed the situation.
Poplar Bluff, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2012

We just recently visited the hotel and the staff was very nice and helpful. The rooms were clean and the breakfast that was served the next morning was wonderful way more than a continental breakfast. If I am ever in the area again I will use this hotel

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Ia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2012

Dirty, dingy, outdated, smelly, unkept, moldy, buggy, FILTH! The suite was not sweet. Carpet was soaked from the A/C running so had to switch rooms. The front desk had to have maintenance check the next room to be sure the air worked. The pull out hide-a-bed should have stayed hidden. The cover to it was ripped so all the interior stuffing was exposed. The blanket was ripped, stained and burned. The floor to the bathtub was beyond dirty! We woke up to a bug with a million legs above our heads and when I went to check out I was greeted by a Yorkie on the counter! Best of all, we learned an employee had been fired for her inability to count change from the night shift gossip...can it get any better than that?

Room Tip: The hide-a-beds are horrible, do not pick a suite! You would be better off sleeping in your car!!
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
qualityinnkansascity, Webmaster at Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex, responded to this review, January 16, 2014
Dear guest,

Thanks for commenting about this Kansas City hotel property. In the time since your stay with us, a lot has changed. We have new management that is 100 percent dedicated to improving the property every day. Many fixtures and linens have been replaced, and our staff has been retrained to make sure we’re always providing the best possible service. When you come to area again, I hope you’ll give us another try. We apologize that your stay with us was less than the best.

Hotel Manager.
ames, ia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2012

I got this hotel off Hotwire hot deals and this may be the last time I use that site in that way. We arrived at the hotel and it was kind of dumpy looking, but then we toy to the room.and there was a horrible smell. I thought I was going to be sick. We asked to switch rooms and got a room next to it. It was a little better, but the sheets and blankets were stained. Definitely boy a great stay. The food was so so. I would never stay here again.

Dear guest,

Thank you for commenting about our hotel. I’m sorry that we were too full during your stay to move you again. Our goal is to provide complete satisfaction to every customer. Since your stay the property has been refreshed and thoroughly checked for issues, so you won’t find those problems if you stay with us again. I hope we can welcome you to this property again in the future.

Hotel Manager.
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 25, 2012

We had a very good experience here. The room was clean and exactly what we requested. Free hot breakfast was nice and had a good assortment to choose from. Staff was welcoming and friendly all throughout stay. Very helpful having a mini fridge and microwave in the room. Overall, a very economical stay and a safe family friendly inn.

• Stayed June 2012
Iola Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2012

One of the better places to stay in K.C. Can't find better around as far as prices and cleanliness. Hotel staff was very nice and was fast to respond to any request that I had. Great breakfast selection. Thumbs up!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family

Been to Quality Inn & Suites Kansas City I-435N Near Sports Complex? Share your experiences!