“Great place to stay by the airport” 3 of 5 stars

Super 8 Kansas City Airport
2.0 of 5 Motel   |   11900 NW Plaza Circle, Kansas City, MO 64153   |
Ranked #68 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Wichita
“Great place to stay by the airport”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2013

This is definitely the place to stay by the airport. Price was incredibly cheap and they provide van to take you right to the airline. Towels were not the greatest quality and if you arrive late, a parking space is hard to find. Great place for a night.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sheryl P, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, August 7, 2013
Thank you for your positive review we are our entire staff really appreciates the positive feedback. We are happy our shuttle system was helpful we feel it is a great asset to our hotel. We are also in the process of replacing all of the towels as well. We hope you have a safe trip and we hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

Just stayed in KC for a conference and looked for the cheapest hotel near my location. This was only 52 dollars a night for me and was very clean and very well nice. The room was ample big and the bath room was nice too. Not much perks like a Hyatt or a high quality breakfast but for the money this placed was very impressive. No perks here but if your looking for the cheapest most functional place you won't be robbed at this was great. Beds are very comfortable too.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Sheryl P, Manager at Super 8 Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 27, 2013
Thank you for your review sir. We really appreciate the positive feedback, we do not consider our job done we would like to continue to try and improve our property. We hope to see you again in the future, and we hope to also show you our improvements as well. Thank you.
Payson
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2013

Bed was very comfortable. Room was quiet. Shower was not up to par and bath linens were stained and worn. Desk lamp was falling apart. Continental breakfast was run of the mill. Front desk personnel helpful.

Review collected in partnership with Super 8

Thank you for your review we are planning on buying new linens for our hotel. We are very happy that you found our staff helpful we take providing good customer service very seriously. We are planning on remodeling our rooms and would like to show you the improvements that we will make if you decide to stay with us in the future.
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

I'd stay in an airport hotel with an airport shuttle service if I have early flights to catch. The other airport hotels were fully booked so this was the only one I was left with.

The room itself is basic, cleanliness just about average. I didn't find anything that would have made me run out of the room screaming but it wasn't spotless either. The breakfast is extremely minimal, just watered down milk, yogurt, can't remember if I saw cereal but definitely a waffle maker that didn't look too appealing.

Now it's the front desk manager that really irked me. This man who was middle aged and of Indian descent managed my check-out. I sat down waiting for the process to be over and waited like an idiot. Then my husband came in and asked "what are we waiting for?" I said "to check out." It turns out that the process had long been completed and this man did not bother to tell me? Surely he saw me waiting at the couch. Did he think I was taking a rest, or sitting there for no reason, just goofing? There was no one else, no other guests that required attention in the small lobby, there was no reason for him to not easily extend the courtesy of indicating that I was all set!

This isn't a racist feedback (I'm Asian-American!!) but a heartfelt reminder to immigrants from anywhere and ALL around the globe that we're in America, this is America,.... and if you can't pick up the American way of doing things including American culture and how it deals with interpersonal relations, one of the last things you should consider during career counseling is customer service!

The driver (a different guy) that sent me to the airport in the shuttle was polite and did a great job. I noticed that the hotel made one person do both jobs - tend to the front desk to check guests in and out, and drive guests to and from the airport.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello mam we are sorry that you did not find your stay enjoyable. There was a misunderstanding with the checkout process, we have many guests that spend time in the lobby waiting for their family, and no disrespect was intended from not extending a greeting. At many hotels it is common for customers to leave their keys in their rooms and be on their way, this is common at our site and for this reason the front desk staff does not bother the guests by telling them they have been checked out. Regardless we would like to extend an apology and we hope to see you again.
Lincoln, Nebraska, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights recently. Had several issues with the place. I'll try to list them all. The cleaning people hadn't vacuumed the room. I kept stepping on rocks and my son found a very large ball of hair on the floor near the bathroom waste can. When I pulled back the sheets on the beds they both had very long black hairs on the sheets. I don't know if they weren't laundered or a someone just shed. The dead bolt was not working on the exterior entry door, the door was warped badly. There was paint peeling inside and out at this entire establishment. The breakfast area only seats six people. They have an outdoor seating area but the door to go outside doesn't work. They went to the trouble of making a sign to say the door doesn't work. I'd fix the door if it were me, instead of making a sign. The quality of breakfast was below average but edible. Like others have said the orange juice does taste funny.

Room Tip: Lots of hotels in the area, spend a couple extra bucks you'll be happier.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for the feedback sir, I would like to begin by apologizing for any inconveniences that you dealt with. We will pay close attention to the work of our housekeeping staff to make sure that there is nothing in the room when it does not belong. We would also like to apologize about the breakfast area we are in the process of making improvements including getting the door fixed. We hope we can show you the improvements that we will make if you decide to stay with us again in the future. Thank you.

Been to Super 8 Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!