“Moldy, humid room.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #41 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Salina, Kansas
“Moldy, humid room.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

Have stayed before. Lovely place. But my room was mildewed and rank. And the a/c didn't take out the humidity. The pool and breakfast are amazing. I have stayed before and was impressed. This time no,

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Good afternoon Jasonandrew1976
I apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. Moreover I apologize that the air conditioning issue was not resolved during your stay. We did have our cooling system checked yesterday afternoon to prevent issues such as yours. Comments from our guests are taken very seriously as we value your patronage. Again I apologize for the poor stay you had with us.
Embassy Suites Kansas City Plaza

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Omaha, Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

The staff for the most part was very friendly. The Front desk staff blew me away with their customer service. The bartenders were a wee bit rude, but then again they had a consistently long line of drunks bum-rushing them for the complimentary evening managers reception... lol!

The food and beverages were excellent, and most of it was inclusive with the room rental. Good tap selections for the evening mangers reception. Comp breakfast was near flawless.

If you have kids, they will LOVE the pool area. The steam room and sauna weren't operational when I got there (or just took forever to start up), but the spa/aquatic area overall was fun and relaxing.

The bathrooms in the guest rooms are kind of lousy- super small and not very tall friendly. Though for having an open atrium with all of the rooms surrounding it, the rooms themselves were pretty sound proof. There was a wedding going on the weekend I was there and we did not hear a peep.

You cannot beat the location or the overall value of the stay. It's definitely a hotel I see myself returning to in the near future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Dear Brandon C

Thank You for a detailed review of your stay. I apologize if the bartenders were rude and I appreciate your concessions to their behavior, but it is unacceptable for them to be anything less than pleasant even if they are busy. Also I apologize for the sauna and steam room issues you had and will review this with our engineer staff. Thank you for your kind words about the Front desk, Pool area and Food & Beverage offerings that definitely add value to your stay.

Kansas City, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

terrible customer service lack of communication low quality room condition was lead to believe i could order a monumental Boxing Event and had to miss the event due to false information but employees and the aforementioned items...which lead to a bad day in an otherwise nice place.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, May 21, 2013
Dear Michael H

I apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay with us. The Central Reservation agent who took your reservation should have clarified and/or had you confirm that the Pay per View fight would be available through the pay per movie channels at the Hotel. I apologize for this. I do not know of any hotels that offer this type due to the complexity of the offering and billing. We were not aware that you had contracted for an outside caterer which we would not have allowed as our suites are cannot accommodate large social gatherings of this type. This type of event should have been held in one of our meeting rooms. I did check and saw that you were not charged for the suite for that evening. I also checked and saw that there was no mention of your event on your reservation and there was no information of the catering company given to us in advance. Again, I apologize for this issue you had but we were not aware that you were having an event in your suite and would have been able to stop this event before it started.

Sincerely

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

First of all, the location on the Plaza couldn't be more convenient to restaraunts, bars and shopping. You can walk anywhere. The restaraunt on property is very good as well. The included breakfast is excellent as usual at Embassy Suites. There is an additional charge for parking who've I'd a little weak. The third floor is a smoking floor. I could smell it inside my room on the fifth floor. This was disappointing. All in all I would stay here again but would request a higher floor.

• Stayed May 2013
scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Dear Ajsevic

Thank you for taking time out of your busy day to share your stay with the Guests of Trip Advisor. We do have a great location situated between the Country Club plaza and Westport. Concerning your displeasure for the parking charge, we were forced to go to a parking gate as we had non guests utilizing our parking lot at the expense of Hotel guests. I apologize about the cigarette smoke odor as there is still a demand for smoking suites in this area. Again, Thank you for the overall positive review, coming from a senior contributor, your review does hold a lot of importance with the guests of Trip Advisor.

Birmngham, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I spent a week at the Embassy Suites. The hotel is beautiful. The accommodations were superb and the staff was extremely courteous. I have stayed here before and I will stay here again. The location was convenient and in walking distance to the Plaza in one direction and Westport in the other direction.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

scott w, Manager at Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City - Plaza, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Good Day Anja D

Thank you for your kind words about your recent stays with us. I wish you could see the staff beam with pride when I review your comments with them. I am very fortunate to have a great team that truly is concerned for our Guests. Thanks again for your review and patronage of our hotel and I hope your future travels will bring you back to Kansas City and our Hotel.
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 5, 2013

The Embassy suites in Kansas City was a great experience in a great location. You are in the heart of the city and can easily access both the Kansas City, Kansas and Missouri side from the hotel without any problem. I would recommend it to any one.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Good Afternoon Dhati L

What a pleasant surprise to see a review of your recent stay with us this evening. You are correct that you can access both Kansas & Missouri locations very easily from the Hotel.
Thanks for your review and patronage of our hotel and I hope your future travels will bring you back to Kansas City and our Hotel.

Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 3, 2013

Overall we had a great experience. The only thing that we were weary about was the dirty sock that was behind the curtain. It made us question the total cleanliness of the room. Otherwise we had a great time.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thanks for staying with us & completing the survey. I apologize for finding the item you mentioned upon check in and apologize for this tarnishing an otherwise pleasant stay with friends and colleagues. Please note that I have spoken to our Housekeeping staff on this. Thanks again for your review and patronage of our hotel and I hope your future travels will bring you back to Kansas City and our Hotel.

Scott.woidela@hilton.com

Been to Embassy Suites Hotel Kansas City - Plaza? Share your experiences!