“Great location” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza

You added Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   770 West 47th Street, Kansas City, MO 64112 (Formerly Sheraton Kansas City Hotel at Country Club Plaza)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #42 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
“Great location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2014

This was the fourth time staying here and while it's still better than average it's slipped just a bit. Only real negative other than broken glass in the pool they spent two days cleaning is the $15 parking a night. I don't think you can park across the street for free so that kind of stinks even with my spg card. Suites are nice and big enough and staff was all very friendly. Wasn't too crowded on a wed and thurs night and it was very quiet. We didn't notice anybody eating or drinking at the restaurant but we always enjoy Tom Fooleries which is the next block over. Great location on the plaza and walking distance to everything.

Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 9, 2014
I am glad you choose to stay at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza for your recent trip to Kansas City. It was good to read that you found our room accommodations to be nice and our staff to be friendly and helpful. It was nice to see you were able to take advantage of some of the many nice restaurants we have within walking distance of the hotel. We appreciate your business and look forward to have you return as our guest on a future visit to the Kansas City County Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Drexel, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stay here only for pleasure and always enjoy it. We park in the underground lot, leave the car behind and walk to shopping and restaurants. Rooms are all suites with ample room to relax. I have to say that our room this last stay was not as clean as we would have liked (carpet was stained) but we really like this hotel. Staff is friendly and helpful. Starbucks coffee is complementary in the lobby in the morning. Views are great from the room.

Room Tip: Get a higher up floor for the best view from your room. Ask for a room away from the elevators for...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. It was good to read you had a very nice experience at our hotel and everything was comfortable during your stay. We have a very friendly staff who strive to take care of our guests and I am glad they delivered that level of service to you. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return. Ted Frerking, General Manager
Golden Valley, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2014

Stayed for three weeks on a business trip and was impressed by just about everything. The building was easy to find and located within easy walking distance of numerous good restaurants, shopping, parks, museums and street corner jazz bands.
The Sheraton was nice and had many services for the guests available such as underground parking, swimming pool, Breakfast/evening appetizers, newspapers, coffee and of course friendly and knowledgable staff.
I would also make a good review on their restaurants cuisine and a great review of the Bartender named Tara for her attentiveness, knowledge, patience and killer Martinis.
Without a doubt I would not hesitate to return.

Room Tip: All rooms are probably equally great and very comfortable.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay. It was good to read you had a good experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read they did a good job of delivering that experience to you. Tara does a great job at the hotel and I am glad she was able to provide great service to you during your stay. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City. Ted Frerking, General Manager
Lincoln, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

My husband and I had our Valentine's Day weekend here. We'd been to the plaza many times and always wanted to stay at the Sheraton. From the outside the place looks nice, but our room was outdated and small. We had a king suite. We also were excited for some pool time, but the pool was dirty and the hot tub was very old, it worked, just wasn't at all what we were expecting after what we paid for it. The next time we were at the plaza we stayed at the Marriott and had a great view and a great time.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 30, 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the items you mentioned that you encountered during your stay. I fully understand how your experience can be negatively impacted when the room and pool condition is not as expected and for this I do apologize. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
Houston, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

OK, we had one incident with the hotel. We left at 8 in the morning, came back at 5 and our room was not made up. I called guest services and was told by the young woman answering "not to raise my voice with her" and she hung up. I didn't raise my voice so that made me mad. Eventually after more phone calls our room was made.
The rooms themselves are nice, clean and large. We were on the top, the 18th floor and had a nice view facing west. We didn't use the microwave or coffee maker in the room, but we did use the fridge. Wireless access was strong throughout the room.
You will have to pay $15 a night to park your car, unless you want to park across the street in the free Plaza parking or on the street a few blocks away.
The bed was large, soft and great to sleep in. The room was totally quiet with absolute blackout curtains if you need to avoid that horrid morning sunshine/hangover combo.

Room Tip: Pay the extra $ per night if you are staying a few days so that you will have access to the club lou...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay. It was good to read you had a good experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read they did a good job of delivering that experience to you and your family. Sorry about the late cleaning of your room one day. I was glad to read they did get it cleaned for you quickly upon your request. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City. Ted Frerking, General Manager
New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2014

I wasn't thrilled with my stay at this hotel. The location in Country Club Plaza is good, as many things are within walking distance. However, the rest of my experience could have been nicer. The suite was sizable, but had a musty smell that was less than desirable and ever-present. There were odd stains all around (what was that giant one on the lampshade?), and the bathroom was rusty and peeling. In addition, the hotel garage (which you have to pay for) is very, very dark during the day or night. I would not go down there alone.

Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the items you mentioned that you encountered during your stay. I fully understand how your experience can be negatively impacted when the room condition is not as expected and for this I do apologize. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
Northwest Arkansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2014

I've stayed at this hotel a few times and I keep going back because of the location and it is a full service hotel at a decent price. I keep hoping they will renovate and upgrade but they still have left it as it has always been. Rooms are very small to be "suites" and the bathroom is horrible unless you're staying there by yourself. Two people could not be in this room at the same time...very small. Also, I wish the Starwood group would get away from Starbucks coffee - it's just awful. I think I will try to find something else next time we're in town.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you found the staff to be friendly and helpful during your stay. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the condition of your room during the past stay at the hotel. Our hotel is in a great location within walking distance to all of the shops and restaurants on the plaza. We appreciate your business and hope to have you return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!