“Will stay again!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #38 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Quincy, Illinois
“Will stay again!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We recently stayed at the Sheraton in Kansas City. The staff was wonderful. Our 8 year old granddaughter was greeted by everyone - this truly made her feel special. I needed help purchasing tickets to King Tut and was guided through the process step by step by hotel staff. The cost is amazing for a place like this. It is within walking distance of the Plaza, the rooms are spacious and with a great view of the city. We had a great evening meal and breakfast buffet on during our stay - food and service was way above our expectations. The Catholic Church was less than a mile away for Sunday services. I highly recommended staying here. We plan on going back soon and will again stay at the Sheraton.

Room Tip: Our room was on the 7th floor and had a great view of the city lights at night. Our 8 year old gran...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending feedback on your stay to Trip Advisor. It was good to read you had an excellent experience at our hotel. The hotel staff strive to deliver an excellent guest experience to all of our guests and I was glad to read they delivered that experience to you and your family. We appreciate your business and look forward to your return to our hotel on a future visit to Kansas City.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Rochester, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2014

The hotel is located proximal to many businesses, shops and restaurants alike, making it an ideal location for most travelers. The staff are very courteous and accommodating, a couple of them went out of their way to ensure my experience was excellent. The rooms are luxurious and clean as you would expect in a hotel of this caliber. The exercise room was exceptional as it offers free weights and a plethora of treadmills and elliptical machines. Perhaps my one suggestion for improvement would be to improve the lighting in the underground parking garage, as it looked quite ominous at night. I would definitely recommend it to anyone who is seeking a luxury hotel in the area!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
I am glad you choose to stay at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza for your recent trip to Kansas City. It was good to read that you found our room accommodations to be nice and our staff to be friendly and helpful. The hotel is in a great location with very convenient access to many of the shops and restaurants on the Country Club Plaza. We appreciate your business and look forward to have you return as our guest on a future visit to the Kansas City County Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 18, 2014

New travel frequently to Kansas City and stay here often because we prefer the location to that of many other hotels on the plaza. Because of the location we have no problem overlooking minor things here and there. However, upon arrival of our latest visit we were notified that they no longer offer Valet Parking. What? On the plaza... At the Sheraton. It's not the holiday inn for crying out loud. I have no interest in having to go back to the car and then to the garage and then to my room. We were told it was the General managers decision. Hmm... Most valet parking attendants I know of earn most of their money on tips, so I can't imagine this is any cost saving benefit to the hotel. Poor decision in my opinion. Valet parking is a standard. I honestly don't consider myself to be high maintenance, but feel like this is just a given. Especially after a long day of travel. We will be staying at The Intercontinental from now on- despite my preference for the 47th St location of the Sheraton.

• Stayed April 2014
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was disappointed to read your experience at the hotel was not excellent. I do apologize for the disappointment you encountered to discover we had stopped offering valet parking at the hotel. I do hope the rest of your stay at the hotel was enjoyable and the staff were friendly and accommodating. We offer our guests a great location with easy access to the many shops and restaurants on the Country Club Plaza. I hope to have you reconsider and return to our hotel on a future visit to the Kansas City Country Club Plaza. Ted Frerking, General Manager
Manhattan, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014

This is a great place to stay. Right on the Country Club Plaza it is within walking distance of amazing dining and shopping. The staff was very professional. The cost is a steal considering the part of Kansas City you are in. My wife and I have stayed in many places on the Country Club Plaza but this is now our favorite. Best place to stay on the Plaza!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Thank you for sending your comments to Trip Advisor on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you had an excellent experience at the hotel. We have a great location within walking distance to all the plaza shops and restaurants and I am glad you were able to enjoy your trip! The hotel staff do a wonderful job of taking care of our guests and I am glad their service helped to make your stay enjoyable. Thanks for staying with us. We value your busiess and look forward to your return visit.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My sons birthday is in April and my wife and I decided to suprise him with a trip to kansas city to see the king tut exhibit. Our next step was to find a hotel, I used hotwire.com to find a hotel in the price range i was comfortable with. We were so excited when we reached the hotel. It was right on the Plaza and within walking distance to great restaurants and it was not far from the crown plaza and union station. The hotel was very nice, clean, and all of the staff that we came in contact with were so friendly. Asking where we were from what we were looking to do and makin suggestions if we asked. We walked down to mccormic and schmits for dinner the night we arrived and when we got back we had 30 min till the pool closed so we wnt down to the indoor pool. The pool area was clean and the pool looked nice. In the summer the pool is conected to the outdoor pool. Our room was a king suite my family was so impressed with the room, it was clean and having 2 tvs was great. I have nothing bad to say and I would definitely recommend staying here.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thanks for celebrating your sons birthday at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza. I was glad to read you had an excellent experience at the hotel and we exceeded your expectations. The hotel has a great staff and they work very hard to provide exceptional service to our guests. Thanks for staying with us. We appreciate your business and hope to see you again on a future visit to the Kansas City Plaza area.
Toledo, Ohio
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2014

We stayed here for a conference meeting held in the board room off of the lobby, and stayed in the hotel for the night.

The positives - the location is very nice, located on the Country Club Plaza within easy walking distance of a number of very nice dining and shopping options. The front desk staff was very helpful identifying dining options we'd be interested in. The lobby is very welcoming with multiple PC's available for public use. The room itself was a suite which was older but nice inside the room.

The negatives - the property is older, I'd guess built sometime in the 70's or 80's, and it shows in a number of areas, including multiple layers of paint on entry doors, tarnished hardware, french doors in the suite that lacked operable latches. Parking costs an additional $15/night, although Country Club Plaza has free parking across the street that could be an option. Breakfast is available for $15/person in the cafe off the lobby.

The meeting - What took this from a four to a two rating was the the meeting room and catering. Where do aI begin? The hvac in the meeting room was a mess, and we could not get it any cooler than the high 70's. We asked the front desk folks multiple times and they were always "working on it". Never fixed. No apologies, no solutions, just "working on it". Then we had sandwiches for lunch, which were initially served with no condiments. Only after several people asked did the staff bring in condiments, but by that time about half the participants had choked down their meals and moved on.

Overall - if we were just coming for a casual weekend, we would not have any major concerns with this place, although I'd probably look at a few other properties nearby which are newer. However, if I were planning any sort of event / meeting, I definitely would have concerns about this property. Even with having asked multiple times, the staff seemed unable to do anything to make the meeting room comfortable, even with outside temps in the low 80's.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
Thanks for staying at the Sheraton Suites on the Country Club Plaza and sending comments on your recent stay to Trip Advisor. Both are appreciated. I was glad to read you found our hotel location to be perfect for your event and our staff to be friendly and accommodating. I do apologize for the issues you experienced with the HVAC in your meeting room. We should have been able to properly cool down your meeting room during your event and I will follow up with the staff to see what was causing the issues so it can be addressed. I fully understand how distracting it can be when you are in a meeting and the room air temperature can not be regulated properly and for this I do apologize. We appreciate your business and will get this item addressed so it will not impact any future meeting guests. We look forward to having you return as our guest when your travels bring you back to Kansas City.
Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

Sheraton Suites is located in the heart of Country Club Plaza. Staff were very attentive and very nice. We were pleased with the value and quality. The club lounge ($20 per day) is well worth the money. The food was wonderful and the staff helpful in planning dining and other activities.

Would love to stay here again.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Thanks for sending comments on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza to Trip Advisor. It sounds like you had an excellent experience at the hotel. I was glad to read you got to experience the club lounge and the wonderful benefits it offers. It is really a great value for an additional $20.00 fee per night. Thanks for staying with us we truly value your business. Looking forward to seeing you on a return trip to the Country Club Plaza.

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!