“Excellent rooms and service” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #52 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Warrnambool, Australia
“Excellent rooms and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 24, 2013

The rooms are excellent .... as an all suite hotel each room has a bedroom separated from the living room. Plenty of space and well appointed.

Service was very good throughout our stay. Breakfast buffet was a little disappointing for a Sheraton but nevertheless still acceptable.

I would certainly recommend the hotel and stay again if in Kansas City.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Ted F, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, August 30, 2013
Thanks for posting your comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites Kansas City. I was glad to read you had an excellent stay and enjoyed your visit to the hotel. Our all suite rooms are very nice and our guests enjoy the spacious rooms. Thanks for staying with us and we hope to see you on a return visit.

349 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We ended up booking 2 rooms for 2 nights at last minute due to some other hotel mishaps. We called the hotel at midnight and they were so friendly and accomodating, we couldn't pass it up. Overall, a good stay. The rooms were spacious and clean. It was nice having 2 TV's, a microwave, and a refrigerator. The rooms could use some updating, but overall it was fine. The kids LOVED the indoor/outdoor pool and the location was perfect. I am not sure that I would stay again - I usually only book hotels with free wifi and free breakfast, so that would be my only reasoning for not returning.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for posting your comments on your recent stay at the Sheraton Suites hotel. I am glad to hear you had a good stay and your kids loved the pool area. We have a great hotel and I am glad you choose to stay with us. We apprecaite your business and look forward to your return.
Mission Hills, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

The location is wonderful, with convenient parking and easy access to all the Plaza has to offer. I was impressed with how friendly and welcoming the staff was. The two bellmen we encountered never failed to warmly greet us or wish us well. The front desk staff were friendly at check-in and check-out, plus greeted us as we went by if they were not with another guest. The room was perfectly acceptable, but not anything particularly special. The suite layout was nice to have and everything was cleaned properly. Having a refrigerator and microwave was a nice extra. I wish the bathroom area were a little larger and that the toilet/tub area had a door to separate it from the slightly small sink area. Small issues that would not deter us from staying here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, August 20, 2013
DM335;

Thanks for your input on your last stay with the hotel! Your comments on the friendly staff were shared and were very appreciated by the Team. Sheraton hotels have a great touch at check-in...the "Joke of the Day!". Although I cannot assure you that you will laugh, an effort is made!!

Thanks again and hope to see you back soon.
Fayetteville, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2013 via mobile

The Sheraton hotel is situated on a charming hillside on the Plaza. Everything about this hotel always meets our expectations and more. It offers one of the best brunches I have eaten in the beautiful Gallery restaurant. The location is convenient and near dozens of good restaurants and shops

• Stayed August 2013
Kay;

Thanks for your positive review! The Team is working hard at ensuring cleanliness levels are high. Of note, we are implementing a new, fresh menu. Hope you have a chance to try it out on your next visit.

Thanks again and hope gto see you back here soon!
Fayetteville, AR
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for a long weekend and wanted to shop; eat; and relax. Our entire stay was excellelent. The room was nice and clean; the pool was pretty; and the beds were comfortable. The staff was especially friendly. LaCresia and Tonya were very helpful and gorgeous. I would highly recommend this hotel. Only complaint is that the pool is in the shade until afternoon.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Alanna;

Thanks so much for the kind words on your recent visit to the hotel! Please know they are appreciated and have been shared with the Team. As for the pool location, unfortunately, that on is out of my hands! That said,the value of some nice quiet time in the sun is understood.

Thanks again for your input! Hope to see you back at the hotel soon.
Prairie Village, Kansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 8, 2013

I recently spent two weekend nights here to get away from my local Kansas house to ease my frazzled mind. I am a frequent or dominantly loyal Starwood hotel guest. I wanted to stay at this hotel out of curiosity about what I previously noticed about the room suite layout upon looking the place up...
#1 SOME MINOR CHECK-IN WOES:
Initially, I wanted to get out of my house as soon as possible and ended up (trying to) check into the hotel earlier around 12:00p.m. instead of the recommended 3:00p.m. check-in time. Either it was too early and that to blame on my part, or equal fault of the housekeeping service for not getting around to get my room ready until much later after first checking in. For an estimated 45 minutes -1 hour estimated wait time, I walked around the Plaza to kill off that wait time. When I returned to the lobby, the front desk clerk told me that my room would not be ready for another 15 minutes, but that turned into a much longer extended wait time. I would say about 30 or 45 extra minutes. I even got a little jealous watching other guests being able to receive immediate check-in clearance to their rooms. It made me wonder what was going on..Did they reserve their rooms much earlier than I did? Were regular floor guests able to get into their rooms quicker than the club floor guests, or was housekeeping just behind with a lot of things going on at the hotel that day? Luckily, before I worried any further, things got better from that point...My room was finally ready after the long wait and the good news accompanying that was in the form of free appetizer and cocktail cards generously issued by the front desk clerk to apologize for my wait! That was an extra plus I took advantage of later! Next time I come back to this hotel in the future, I am going to cause less stress for the front desk, housekeeping, and myself by at least checking in at 2:00 p.m. if I check in earlier than 3:00 p.m.!
#2 POSITIVE ROOM ASPECTS:
When I arrived to room 1711, I was really impressed with the architectural layout/ floor plan design and overall clever planning of the room space. It was a benefit that guests could stay in such rooms with a separate bedroom and living room along with a bathroom that was accessible from both rooms. I thought it was good that the price rate of the divided room like that was a little under the price rate of a smaller traditional hotel room in one of the Crown Center hotels. I also like the two t.v.s in both rooms, the living room with the desk, sofa bed, coffee table, and refrigerator with microwave oven counter above it. For as long as they got around to doing it,, the housekeeping staff did an incredible job . The room was spotlessly clean! In a way you could even say it was worth the wait I went through in the lobby! Lastly, and most importantly, all the plumbing and light fixtures worked well, too.
#3 NEGATIVE ROOM ASPECTS:
Unfortunately, the towel rack above the toilet had a loose right support piece causing it to lean down to the right, there was a horizontal red mark on the wallcovering to the right of the main door, some milky stains on the desk and coffee table surfaces, some beige paint chipped off the door frames, black dot stains on the carpet by the coffee table, and the couch had pink gum residue on the right arm and a torn seat cushion, the desk chair also had a small tear in the leather on the side of the backrest, and some tiny (ceiling paint) drips on the shower wall and bathroom floor marble. I didn't like the feeling of the bathtub surface material. It didn't feel too stable or flattened when I walked on it when I took a shower. I'm not sure, but, but it might have been a re-bath covering which I didn't like and I feel is not worthy of helping a hotel room's value increase. Especially in a club floor room. It kind of makes the room with such a higher club floor rate a rip-off. Additionally, on that note, I was surprised that some of those negative defects weren't addressed and taken care of for a club floor room like that, and especially for the increased rate guests pay pay for to be on that floor and status. I don't know whether housekeeping or former guests are supposed to report those defects to be taken care of before new guests occupy the room.
#4 CLUB FLOOR ROOM VIEW FALSE BALCONIES/ BARRIERS:
I had a good/ decent view for the fact of being in a room on the second to the top floor, but the negative was that it was a little blocked off from the bottom of the windows since false balcony facade barriers stuck out in front of them. There was no access out to them for use, and it was sad that they looked like balconies, but really weren't meant for the purpose. The one in front of the bedroom window looked worse. It extended out further, and ugly support bars for that one could be seen. It wasn't worth looking at so I just left the sheer curtains closed over the window for good. It looked like a bad mistake by the architects of the building. Those false balconies should have actually been built as balconies, or the windows should have started higher at the actual view level. I would like to come back to this hotel in the future, but I won't plan on booking a club level room next time because of the view situation. I will intend on getting a room on the SPG or any regular guest floor. That way, I won't have an obstruction in front of the window if I want more of an overall view from it.
#5 GENERAL POSITIVE STAY EXCEPTION:
Despite all of the aforementioned negatives, I liked being in the room, and I was satisfied with my stay and relaxation time in it. The furniture, sweet sleeper bed, and the sleeper sofa bed I slept on the second night (when my friend's family visited the room and stayed in the bedroom) was comfortable.
#6 THE BEST FOR LAST: SERVICE
Last, but not least, this hotel excelled the most with its service. Despite the beginning wait for my room the front desk staff was very enthusiastic, helpful, and accommodating, and stayed up to speed with the housekeeping the best they could. The courtesy cards for the appetizers and cocktails was an extra gesture and evident example of their courtesy, hospitality, and sincerity. The following morning, when I was about to pass the front desk, I heard one of the clerks call out my name to say hello and check on my stay after the first day. I was surprised that she still knew who I was. She asked me how my sleep was. Very personable and caring gesture, too.On my first night when I used my appetizer card in the Gallery restaurant, the waitress/ Manager and the bartender were very attentive and friendly when waiting on me. The kitchen service was very fast and the food was delivered very quickly. The food quality was also excellent. The Calamari and appetizer and Molten lava cake were delicious and cooked perfectly. Likewise, on that note, the food quality from the club floor lounge service was also excellent. All morning breakfast and night snack buffets had a nice variety of food offerings, and were delicious. The containers were also kept clean and stocked well throughout, as well as drinks, too. No complaints. Eunjolie had been a great, friendly, generous, helpful, and positive attendant. She was absolutely on top of everything. If some food had run out, she just immediately replenished it without hesitation. Great service! On the second day when I was away from the hotel for a couple of hours and returned, housekeeping cleaned my room again perfectly! When my friend and I were trying to look at details for possibly renting a pay per view movie in the suite living room, we couldn't find them and he called the front desk and engineering to get the problem fixed. One of the repairmen immediately showed up to look at the t.v.and then had the cable company fix it as it was quickly attended to and the program was perfectly recovered. The t.v. worked and we instantly found the details! Just another Sheraton hotel I've been to with a mark of impeccable service to lift up and lighten the mood with comfort upon any stay!

Room Tip: Higher floor rooms with views overlooking the West (Plaza) and the 47th street Plaza views are the b...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, August 9, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and for your very informative feedback. We truly appreciate your comments about our team and please know they will be shared. I would also like to apologize for the delay in getting you checked in early. We do try to honor all early arrivals in a timely manner. There is not much I can do about the view but I have followed up with our team to ensure all rooms are properly inspected for condition issues prior to rooms being occupied. We hope to see you again soon.
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013 via mobile

I don't usually write reviews, but I was so underwhelmed by my stay, I had to post...from my room.

Location is great, value is good. Room wasn't the cleanest. Huge black stain on the wall, desk had a coating of dust on it. Other colleagues had rooms that had climate issues.

Room service is fair. I did the "breakfast sign" last night. My window was 730-745. It didn't arrive until 750. Seems small but when you're waiting to shower or do things until after the food arrives, it's annoying. No salt and pepper, eggs were swimming in butter, potatoes were cold. No glass of water. Coffee in the room was better than what came up from downstairs.

These are all very small things, and that's why I say I expect more from a Sheraton. Definitely not a horrible stay, but I'd consider the Marriott or Hampton if I were here again.

• Stayed August 2013
My sincerest apologies for the issues you encountered during your recent stay. Please know that I have followed up with both our housekeeping team and our new Food & Beverage Manager to ensure we are inspecting what we expect, to deliver a "10" experience to our guests.

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!