“Comped room still not worth it.” 1 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #38 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Comped room still not worth it.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2013

Check in is at 3. At 5, we are still waiting in the lobby for our room to be ready. We asked for our luggage back and manager gave us a different room. We reserved a Club Level, Plaza view. The room she gave us was also Club Level, Plaza view so not exactly sure why we waited 2 hours after check-in time. Went to the room and there is a wall covering 3/4 of the window so to see the plaza, you need a step stool and to look as far to the right as you could. There was a large stain in the bottom of the shower and a bad odor in the room. The room was small and outdated. We got our luggage an went to the InterContinental.

Stayed July 2013
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Hello Dave_StL_9!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience. I apologize we provided you with a poor experience during your stay as this is not our goal. Please feel free to contact me at 816-931-4400 if you wish to discuss this matter or any other concerns you may have.

Fred DeLaRosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (80)
Tuscaloosa, Alabama
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

The best thing the Sheraton Country Club Plaza has going for it is location. It is adjacent to tons of great shopping and dining in the safe and friendly Country Club Plaza area of KC. The rooms at this Sheraton are indeed small suites with TVs in the bedroom and small living area. One time, however, one of the the televisions didn/t work! One week when I stayed, there was no soap in my bathroom.
The staff is the biggest drawback. The first time I stayed here I was assigned to the wrong room, then scolded as though it was my fault when I returned to the desk for help with a room key that wouldn't work. Although recently I encountered a young friendly face, the majority of the time staff members have been sour.....not exactly a welcome to KC! Don't waste your time dining in house. The food is not good and there are superb choices all within walking distance.
With it's great location, the Sheraton would be worth the price if it took some lessons from the Westin on how to run an upscale facility.

Room Tip: Rooms farthest from the elevators tend to be the quietest.
Hello Nancy R!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor! We appreciate the feedback regarding your experience and will share your comments with our team.

I apologize for the poor experiences you described regarding the service of our staff. We strive to provide a friendly and welcoming experience with all our guests and I am sorry we were unable to do so. We will use your feedback to improve on the service we provide.

Thank you for staying with us!

Omaha, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2013

I stayed in a King Suite, "Plaza View," in June 2013. The Sheraton on the Country Club Plaza is not worth your money, and I recommend taking your money elsewhere. If you insist on staying at the hotel, don't splurge for the "Plaza View" (or lack there of) it's not worth the money! The lady working at reception didn't know how to accept cash as a payment for the room, there is no type of iPod doc in the room, and after requesting a late checkout housekeeping entered into the room not once, not twice, but three times before we checked out. Each time the housekeeper would enter without knocking and rudely say, "when are you leaving?" The experience in the restaurant was horrible, the scrambled eggs were actually egg beaters, and when we asked for real eggs the server hesitantly put the order in. The total for two people for breakfast was $50, the food was horrible, and the service was not in line with a 3* hotel. I recommend taking your money elsewhere.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 25, 2013
Thank you for your sharing your first review on TripAdvisor with us, Lahela77. I apologize we provided you with such a poor experience. That is definitely not what we strive to provide our guests with and I am sorry we did in your experience.

I would like to ensure we resolve any and all issues and would appreciate any information you could provide to help us improve. Please feel free to contact me at fdelarosa@sheratonkc.com to discuss.

Goshen, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

Enjoyed my stay at this hotel. I found the rooms very clean, the bed comfortable, the staff friendly and helpful. My only complaint would be with the plastic glasses and paper coffee cups in the rooms. I would understand the disposable drinking containers if this were a hotel without restaurant amenities and access to dishwashers. This would add a touch of class to an already above average hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 18, 2013
Thank you for your review, Claudia S!

We appreciate the rating and we appreciate you taking time to share your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community!

I am so glad you enjoyed the experience we provided! Thank you for the great comments on the friendliness of our team, the cleanliness and comfort of your suite! We always strive to provide a great experience to all of our guests and I am glad we were able to meet our goal!

Thank you for staying with us!

Lenexa, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

My wife and I tried to stay at this hotel several months ago, but after an error by the hotel staff, we did not have a room to stay in when we arrived to check in. So after a late night downtown, we were stranded at 1 am without a hotel room. This in itself was a dreadful experience. Due to the error, inconvenience, and our complaints, we were later given a gift certificate to use at this Sheraton Suites. However, the story doesn't stop there.

My (now 28 weeks pregnant) wife and I were then planning a quick one-night stay on the plaza and were hoping to use the gift certificate. When calling to make a reservation, the customer service representative mentioned several rooms at varying price points that were available for the night we planned to stay. After I mentioned that we had a gift certificate to use, I was transferred to a different person who supposedly handled gift certificate reservations. This representative put me on hold for several minutes before informing me that no rooms were available for the entire weekend. Of course, this is after I already know that there were indeed available rooms.

Even after explaining the situation and the fact that the we had the gift certificate because we were screwed out of a room the last time we tried to stay at this particular hotel, we were told that it was "hotel policy" and that no rooms were available.

I have stayed at multiple Starwood hotels (W, Westin, Sheraton, etc.) around the U.S. and have generally had very good experiences. The customer service, attention to detail, and quality of the properties and the people working in them is usually top-notch. Unfortunately, my experience dictates that the same cannot be said about the Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza. With a number of highly rated hotels in close vicinity, I would encourage travelers to look at these other options.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for sharing your first review on TripAdvisor with us, DHW_61210!

I apologize we were unable to accommodate your reservation this weekend and that you disagree with the hotel policy, but I am happy to know that you are scheduled to stay with us in the upcoming future!

Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience.

We look forward to seeing you during your stay!

Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

This was my 4th stay at this hotel. I have always had a good experience. Everything from a quick and easy check in, nice room with plenty of space, comfy bed, and clean bathroom make this a great place to stay in KC. The location is great for shopping (really nice shopping). The hotel staff is very friendly and the bar/restaurant staff is great. I would definitely recommend this hotel for business or pleasure.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the 5 star review, JulesHouston! And thank you for your repeat business!

We are so happy that you enjoy the friendliness of our team and our spacious, two room suites! We appreciate your recommendation!

We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Kansas City area!

brett_levi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

Stayed here two nights with the family. Everything was great. Our only complaint would be that they don't provide bars of soap without asking for it. There was shower gel, shampoo, and lotion, but no soap. Other than that, it was a great stay.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for the 5 star review, brett_levi!!

I am so happy you and your family had a great experience with us! I apologize about the missing soap. I will follow up with our Housekeeping team to ensure we don't miss the soap next time.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time!

Fred DeLaRosa

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!