“Good Hotel, Great Location” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Breakfast for 2 Included
Ranked #45 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Los Angeles, California
“Good Hotel, Great Location”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

I recently spent two nights at the Sheraton Suites. The hotel was clean, quiet and well-priced. It's located in the Plaza area of the city, with all of its shops and restaurants, and is convenient to attractions throughout the area. The staff was friendly and helpful. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 9, 2013
Hello Max G!

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

We appreciate the feedback about our friendly and helpful staff!

I am so glad you enjoyed our location. Being the only hotel directly on the Country Club Plaza, we feel this adds a value to our guest's experience.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you the next time you are in the Kansas City area!

Fred DeLaRosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Greer, South Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 4/4-4/7. Great location - within walking distance to the Plaza. Lots of options for restaurants! Room was very comfortable . We had a plumbing issue that was taken care of quickly!

Went down to swim laps in the pool- the pool temperature was very warm, with lots of chlorine. Wish it was cooler and less chlorine- it took a few hours for my eyes to get back to normal.

Other than that great hotel- would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Hello Travelers0205!

Thank you for sharing your "Great" experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

Thank you for the 5 star service rating! I apologize you experienced a plumbing issue in your suite, but I am glad our team was able to quickly resolve the issue. Our goal is to provide GREAT service to all of our guests and resolve any issue to your satisfaction.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time.

Saint Paul, Minnesota
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2013

The location of where this hotel is: Fantastic! They have a shopping strip that is almost like 5th Avenue or Michigan Avenue. Classy area with brick walk ways and buildings. The customer services at the front desk was welcoming. Parking was a bit expensive. Gallery bar was okay, the breakfast was great. The hotel rooms were nice and up-to-date. I'll stay here again when I go back. Their pillows are large, kinks your neck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 5, 2013
Hello Angie H!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza with the TripAdvisor community !

I am so glad you enjoyed our Country Club Plaza location! With being the only hotel located directly on the Plaza, we feel this adds to the experience we strive to provide our guests. Thank you for your comments on the Front Desk team, Restaurant service and our two room suites! We always appreciate the feedback we receive.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you next time you are in the Kansas City area!

Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 22, 2013

just called to confirm reservation #205515130 and found out there's no complimentary breakfast with our suite. what?? pay $200 and no breakfast? doesn't seem right at all. i really hope the room and staff make a better showing when we arrive.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, April 8, 2013
Hello Traci S!

Thank you for the review on your reservation! I appreciate you sharing your first review on TripAdvisor with us! I hope you enjoyed your stay.

We offer several packages that include breakfast into the suite rate. These can be found our our website or through calling the hotel. Also, we offer a complimentary breakfast in our Sheraton Club every day. A Club suite is available most days for a minimal fee. This would include breakfast in the morning and two beverages in the evening.

Please feel free to contact me with any comments regarding your stay with us. We always appreciate feedback from our guests!

Leawood, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

Not sure what took me so long to write a review of this hotel. I have stayed here numerous times and consider this hotel my home away from home. The rooms are really nice and always clean. We are club members. The morning and evening snacks are always adequate. My only complains are the sheets can be stiff and the thermostat. It's the old school kind.

The thermostat only has an on or off switch. This can be annoying b/c it can be challenging to keep the room at a consistent temperature. We went from it's cold turn of the heat. To it's hot turn off the heat. To it's cold again turn on the heat. Very annoying in the middle of the night. We decided to put an extra blanket on the bed and leave the heat off. Maybe i'm spoiled by digital thermostats in other hotels.

Even with that being said, I will continue to stay at this hotel. Friendly staff, within walking distance to restaurants, bars and a movie theater, bar on sight and room service is prompt.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
Hello Adrienne M!

Thank you for the 5 star review!! We always appreciate our guests sharing their experiences with the TripAdvisor community!

We are honored to be your "home away from home". I am glad we met our goal of providing clean, comfortable accommodations in addition to friendly service.

Thank you for staying with us!

Sao Paulo
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2013

Nice enough hotel and very large room, but the carpet & furniture is wearing due to age. This is most obvious in the bed. I am usually a great sleeper but woke up regularly throughout the night here due to the very uncomfortable bed(with very worn linen!) and got up with a sore back both mornings, which never happens to me.

My suite had 2 flat screen TV's, but I would have gladly traded one in for a new bed!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Hello Fair_Dinkum_Mate!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback on the experience we provided and we use your comments to provide a better experience.

I am happy you enjoyed our spacious two room suite and the TVs in each room. Thank you for your comments regarding the carpet and bed in your suite. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Kansas City.

Omaha, Nebraska, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

Stayed at the Sheraton on Country Club plaza for a Friends 50th Birthday.
I had to rebook the room from a previous weekend and was not able to get the Breakfast included in the room. Received a e-mail from Fred Delarosa asking if there was anything we needed before our stay. When we checked in we had two breakfast buffet coupons waiting for us.
The staff went out of our way waving the parking charge for my friends birthday, but that was not all we got back to our room have a day of shopping on the plaza to a bottle of wine and cheese!
Compliments of the staff at the Sheraton!!
It was March Madness weekend as well as St. Patricks Day, they went well above and beyond!

Room Tip: The two double beds rooms are bigger than the one king with pull out sofa.