“Great Location for Shopping!” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Book Early and Save
Ranked #46 of 110 hotels in Kansas City
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Great Location for Shopping!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

We stayed here for a girls' weekend of Christmas shopping and eating. It was a wonderful location right on the Country Club Plaza, very convenient to walk to many shops and restaurants. Our suite provided plenty of room for two mother/daughter pairs. Our package included a hot buffet breakfast each morning, and Monday morning when the restaurant was not busy, this meant eggs, bacon, sausage and hash browns cooked to order. The staff was very friendly and helpful, especially Nick who patiently snapped several pictures of us in front of the lobby Christmas tree and helped us with our luggage. I would definitely stay here again and will recommend it to friends and family.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us, Kathie T!

We always appreciate feedback from our guests. Thank you!

I am so happy you were pleased with our Plaza location and our two room suite. Being the only "all suite" property on the Plaza, we feel this definitely provides a great experience. Thank you for mentioning Nick and the friendly and helpful service our team provided. I will review your comments with our team and thank them for your experience.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again.

367 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Wichita, Kansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012

This hotel is excellent!! The staff are extremely friendly and make your stay wonderful. The location cannot be beat as it is in the heart of shopping and dining - with a multitude of things to choose from. As a frequent traveler, I found that I received special amenities including access to the Sheraton Club - they had munchies and beverages every night and a full breakfast in the morning. You can even get beverages and snacks around the clock - free of charge. If you are not a Starwood member, I recommend becoming one so that you can take advantage of this wonderful treatment - almost like royalty! And - at the holiday season - the plaza is lite up and offers carriage rides, etc. A wonderful holiday atmosphere when you have to be away from home.

Room Tip: If you come during the holidays, ask for a room to see the plaza so you can take in all the pretty l...
Hello Michele C!

Thank you for the 5 star review! We appreciate you taking the time to let the TripAdvisor community know about your experience at the Sheraton Suites- Country Club Plaza!

I am so happy you felt our team is “extremely friendly” and were able to contribute to an excellent experience. One of our main goals is to excel in the service we provide our guests. We feel reaching our goal in service, in addition to our Plaza location truly provides a traveler with a great Kansas City experience.

Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to seeing you again.

Atlanta, Georgia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

I stayed at this hotel during a business trip in December 2012. My biggest complaint relates to the cleanliness of the shower in my room.

On the first night, I noticed a significant amount of hair on the shower wall and was completely freaked out. Try showering early am while deliberately trying not to touch any part of the shower! The same hair was there the next two nights indicating housekeeping was not really cleaning the room.

The hotel itself is old and weird. The one hing it had going for it was proximity to a quaint shopping area, but not much else.

I definitely would not recommend the hotel for anyone staying in KC. There are other Starwood options similarly priced and significantly better feeling and cleaner.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 13, 2012
Hello Kenyans!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience on TripAdvisor. We always appreciate feedback on how we did.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the cleanliness of your shower. We have shared your comments with our Housekeeping team and review our procedures.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Kansas City.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

The hotel is listed as a category 3 using Starwood Points. While that was justified in the past (and we have stayed here dozens of times) it is certainly not justified now. My view is that with the new 40-story Sheraton open at Crown Center (ten minutes north), the company has refocused their attention to the new property and diverted resources. Secondly, the hotel rooms are getting shabby. Furniture scratched, upholstery worn and stained, furniture placed in inconvenient ways (especially the desk which juts into the center of the room) all add to my opinion that this is not what it once was. Thirdly, we generally upgrade through our Gold status to Club level or pay for it. The level was booked so we paid cash for the Club Lounge for ease of eating breakfast the next morning and some snacks that night before the ballet. The lounge was so full of people (and it is a tiny lounge) that they ran out of food 45 minutes after it opened. We waited for 45 more minutes and was informed by the very apologetic staff that he doubted more food would be coming. There were probably 20 people there waiting. We needed to leave to catch a ballet performance so I stopped at the front desk and the acting manager graciously offered to accommodate my request of free appetizers at the bar when we returned. That was nice. We returned and he did indeed escort us to the bar/restaurant area and informed the bar manager of our situation. We ordered several appetizers for ourselves and two teens and waited for an hour for them to arrive at the table. When they did arrive, the waiter dropped my plate on the floor so I waited again while everyone finished their meals. He was apologetic and I always tip well so he did not know of my disappointment. It use to be that when we stayed at this hotel, the Club Level was a haven from the bustle of the rest of the hotel. As the kids grew up they loved the Club Lounge and it made our regular trips special. Now it seems everyone and and all their friends have discovered Club Level and it is not special any longer. I imagine that they are planning on closing the Sheraton Suites down for renovation. They need to do so soon. The location is fantastic and we spend 5-6 nights here a year. Perhaps no longer. The front desk was very helpful but, of course, much of my concern is beyond their ability to correct. They do their best, though.

Room Tip: Ask for one that faces east so you get a view of the famous Country Club Plaza. Get the the Club Lou...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Hello pleasanttrip!

Thank you for posting your first review on TripAdvisor about your experience! We always appreciate when guests take the time to share feedback.

It definitely sounds like you had a poor experience this visit. With staying with us over a dozen times, I hope this experience was not typical of your experiences at our property. Please contact me if there is anything you wish to discuss further as I would like to ensure your satisfaction every time you visit.

Tampa, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I called ahead to request a quiet room on the top floor away from ice machines and elevators. The phone rang off the hook before finally being picked up and told that they can't preassign rooms. So I called later hoping to speak to someone more knowledgeable. This time an operator answered and transferred me to the front desk where again the phone rang forever. I called back and asked the operator to connect me to the manager and she said she'd have him call me back. Instead, she called me back herself and told me the manager said not to worry about it. When I finally arrived at the hotel, I was not on a top floor. But that was the least of my worries. There were two people working the front desk. One was helping someone else, the other was ticking away at a computer. After about 5 minutes he finally waved me over and checked me in. When I got to my room I kept trying the keys and they didn't work. So I called down using the courtesy phone near the elevators and told the guy who checked me in that my keys were not working in room XXA. He said, "Well that's because you're in XXB" in a disdainful way. But he had written XXA on my card! I was trying to get into the room he TOLD me I was in! While I never had problems with exterior noise, the clunking and gurgling from the bathroom plumbing was loud enough to keep waking me up. I had to run the AC fan on high and shut the bathroom door to muffle it. I wanted to make tea before going to sleep, but water receptacle on the tea/coffeemaker was so incredibly filthy I didn't dare use it. (See photos). Next morning after throwing the covers off I found a sizable blood stain on the duvet. This is not something anyone who had remade the bed could possibly have missed so I am left to believe I was sleeping on the previous guest's dirty sheets. I was disgusted and horrified! I took ALL the linens off the bed and put them on the floor and then went down to talk to the manager. I asked that ALL linens be replaced and to please give me a new tea/coffeemaker since at that point I no longer had any faith in the abilities of the cleaning staff. He agreed to my requests, but upon returning to my room after work that evening, I found the same mattress pad and another filthy coffeemaker. Just complete lack of any care about customers and unsanitary conditions. I would never stay at this hotel again.

Hello Sunnydove!

We appreciate you taking the time to post your experience on TripAdvisor. I am so sorry to hear about your "horrific" experience.

It is our goal to provide you with excellent service, as well as a clean, comfortable suite. I am sorry we were unable to do so in your experience. We have shared all your comments with our team and we have discussed on ways to meet our goal in the service we provide.

Thank you for staying with us. Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Springfield, MO
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for a business/pleasure trip in December 2011. This Sheraton is in a great location on the plaza. It is next to one of my favorite bars/grills and walking distance to shopping, restaurants, bars, and a theater. The suite was clean, modern, and spacious. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Rosie S!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We always appreciate feedback regarding the experience of our guests.

I am so happy you were pleased with our location on the Plaza and our clean, modern and spacious two room suites.

Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Elevator door was on the fritz, carpet in room was stained, tub was cracked, wallpaper was peeling, hallways were full of garbage, etc. They forgot my wakeup call and when I called to ask for my car they forgot to tell the valet, which made me late for my first meeting. The location is ok - lots of shoppes and restaurants but mostly chains. Not going to stay here ever again.

Room Tip: To get a good room go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello CanadianJDK!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very sorry you felt our property is "Busted" as you described. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service, as well as a clean, comfortable suite.

Like many of our reviews on TripAdvisor mention, we work to meet our goal in each guest's experience. I am sorry we were unable to do so in your experience. We will share your comments with our team.

Thank you for staying with us! Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Fred DeLaRosa

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!