“Love this hotel!” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #45 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Springfield, MO
“Love this hotel!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

I stayed here for a business/pleasure trip in December 2011. This Sheraton is in a great location on the plaza. It is next to one of my favorite bars/grills and walking distance to shopping, restaurants, bars, and a theater. The suite was clean, modern, and spacious. I will definitely be back again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Hello Rosie S!

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with the TripAdvisor community! We always appreciate feedback regarding the experience of our guests.

I am so happy you were pleased with our location on the Plaza and our clean, modern and spacious two room suites.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you during your next visit to Kansas City.

Fred DeLaRosa

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
Jersey City, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 30, 2012

Elevator door was on the fritz, carpet in room was stained, tub was cracked, wallpaper was peeling, hallways were full of garbage, etc. They forgot my wakeup call and when I called to ask for my car they forgot to tell the valet, which made me late for my first meeting. The location is ok - lots of shoppes and restaurants but mostly chains. Not going to stay here ever again.

Room Tip: To get a good room go to another hotel.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Hello CanadianJDK!

Thank you for staying with us and sharing your experience on TripAdvisor! I am very sorry you felt our property is "Busted" as you described. It is our goal to provide you with excellent service, as well as a clean, comfortable suite.

Like many of our reviews on TripAdvisor mention, we work to meet our goal in each guest's experience. I am sorry we were unable to do so in your experience. We will share your comments with our team.

Thank you for staying with us! Please feel free to contact me if you wish to discuss your experience further.

Omaha
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2012

The Sheraton on the Plaza is a great location for a shopping excursion to the Plaza in KC. The hotel lobby decor very nice and welcoming. We had a suite room, 2 queens and a sofa bed which worked well for our group. The bathroom, namely the shower could have been cleaner, I think they needed a new shower curtain as this one had a slight odor. Also, small details such as dirt and dust in the corners of the room that looked like it had not been vacuumed for a while. Our room was equipped with microwave and frig. Overall a good value and location.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with friends
Hello Geranium07!

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your experience on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate when guests provide feedback on how we did in your eyes.

I am so happy you were pleased with our Plaza location, our in suite amenities, and the size of our suites. I am glad the suite was large enough to accommodate your party. Thank you for the feedback regarding the condition of your shower and shower curtain. I will be sure to share your comments with our Housekeeping team and review our procedures.

Rumson, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

The hotel staff and facilities are very nice, however it was a bit of a journey to get to this hotel from MCI airport. The room was spacious, the bed was very comfortable, and the living space very well appointed. The room had a bedroom with TV and a second area with a desk, couch, and a second TV. The gym has ample equipment and space to accomodate guest that want to work on the treadmill, elliptical, or with free weights. The breakfast buffet was very nice but nothing extra, meaning no positive surprises. The hotel is located in a shopping district, so walking to top retail shops is very easy. Parking is facilitated by an ample underground parking garage. The hotel delivers very good services, on par with what you would expect from a Sheraton property except that the Internet was much too slow, making business work difficult. If you rely on Internet speed, as I do for business, I would pass on this venue.

Room Tip: Ask about having the breakfast buffet included in your rate.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 16, 2012
Hello Brian P!

Thank you for posting a review regarding your experience on TripAdvisor! We always appreciate when guests take the time to share their experience. The feedback helps us provide a better experience for our guests.

I am glad you were pleased with the service of our staff, the spacious two room suite, and our fitness room. I agree in the location of the hotel makes experiencing the Country Club Plaza very easy.

Thank you for noting the sub par internet you experienced. I am sorry this disrupted your stay. I am happy to report we are in the process of upgrading our service. This upgrade will double the speed of our current service as well as create additional access points which will ensure great coverage through out the hotel. We feel this will be a great amenity added to our guest's experience.

Saint Simons Island, Georgia, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2012

As soon as you arrive, you know you have made a great decision by selecting this hotel because of its outstanding location on The Country Club Plaza.

MY visit began with a very nice welcome email from the general manager of the hotel and his quick and very nice response to my note back to him. That set the stage for my expectation of the staff at this hotel and I was not at all disappointed. The doorman had his A game on, as did the person who checked me in and that same customer centered attitude was found with every single contact I had with the rest of the staff during my stay.

My two room suite was well appointed, spacious, and extremely clean. This hotel had everything I wanted for my stay and much more.

I highly recommend this hotel for your next trip to Kansas City.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello Herdlinger!

Thank you for the great review on TripAdvisor! I am so happy you enjoyed your stay! I hope your trip back to the city (of special mention) was pleasant as well.

I appreciate you taking the time to comment on our team and the service we provide, as well as the spacious two room suite and our Plaza location.

Thank you for staying with us! We hope to see you the next time you are in town.

Edmond, OK
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Very close to the plaza, friendly staff, comfy bed.....but the room was soooooo hot. We had the AC on all night and it never cooled off. I would stay there again though. There were 3 of us in the room for a wedding and although it was snug, it wasn't too cramped. Our friend slept on sleeper sofa and he said it was fine.

• Stayed November 2012
FredDeLaRosa, General Manager at Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza, responded to this review, November 12, 2012
Hello worleygirl!

I am so happy you were pleased with the service of our staff, our great Plaza location, and our comfy beds. I am glad the room was spacious enough to accommodate your guests. I do apologize about the air conditioning issue you noted. I understand that can make for a "less than perfect" experience.

ny
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

This is a very nice hotel with a great staff at the front deck, valet and the Club level. We had a suite which was clean. All of our linens were clean as well. After the first night our bed was not made up very well. The sheets were hanging on the floor and the pillows looked like they had been thrown on the bed. Other then that all was well. We had a continental breakfast in the Club Lounge each morning which was fine. Nice people worked there. The best things about this hotel are the front desk staff, the roomy suites and the location to shops and eateries.
Just feel that the staff that makes up the rooms could use more care and attention to detail.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Hello acaida!

I am so happy you were pleased with the service of our staff, the cleanliness of your suite, and our location on the Plaza. I apologize about the lack of detail we provided after your first night. I will share your comments with our Housekeeping team to ensure we correct this issue.

Fred DeLaRosa

Been to Sheraton Suites Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!