“Fun food” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #117 of 1,201 restaurants in Kansas City
Liberty, Missouri
“Fun food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

In the mood for something different? This is a great restaurant to explore food's of the world. I really enjoy the different flavors and dishes plus the pancake-like bread to eat your meal with. The small space is perfect for a small group or date night. Come hungry - the food is great!

Visited August 2012

79% Recommend
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Tried it...not bad, just for me”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

So as a vegetarian, I was super excited to try this place out. I have heard nothing but great things about it, so gave it a try. I got the vegetarian sampler platter to be sure to try a bit of everything. I even got a glass of the Ethiopian wine to complete my experience. We had a great service & nice dining experience, I just didn't really care for the food. I can tell it was well prepared with quality ingredients, It was just not something that I will crave or care to go back to again. It surely wasn't bad, I would just rather choose somewhere else when dining out. My suggestion is to give it a try to see if it is for you- many people love it & it is good to see a KC restaurant busy.

• Visited January 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“a treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

I have been missing Ethiopian food ever since I left the East Coast - and now there is this little restaurant that can fix that! The food was excellent, the service courteous and we had a good time. The place is not big at all and not a super-fancy setting but once that food is in front of you, I would guess the setting will be totally irrelevant. I also like the funny sign with the knife and fork crossed out that they had outside - it was a funny and gentle way of telling people who may not be familiar with this tradition of eating that there would be no silverware.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Lee's Summit, Missouri
“Great little restaurant”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

Tried the Blue Nile for the first time and was really impressed. I've never eaten Ethopian food before but would definetly go back. Great food, great service and a great price. I also liked the fact they have a buffet at lunch so you can try a little of everything.

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Manhattan, Kansas
“Ethiopian food a four year loved.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

We were not sure if our four year would even try Ethiopian food, but he did and loved it. He especially liked the injera, one piece to play with and one to eat. The chef made the tibs low on heat, but high on flavor and my little one ate it up. If you asked him what the best thing was, "no fork or spoon, you eat with you hands, yeah."

• Visited October 2012