“Delicious muffins, ok drinks, but a tad pricey” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop
Good for: Outdoor seating
Good for: Outdoor seating
Atlanta, Georgia
“Delicious muffins, ok drinks, but a tad pricey”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2012

I come to this coffee shop somewhat infrequently even though it is an easy walk to get to. I absolutely love the maple bacon muffins (absolutely to die for) and I either get an iced coffee or a small juice. The juices are kind of hit or miss with me, and I am not a huge coffee drinker, but I still like coming to the Filling Station. The people are always really nice (kind of a hipster vibe) and I can't say enough about their baked goods. I have also had lunch here one time, and the sandwich (grilled cheese) was pretty good, but I didn't really care too much for the pasta salad. The price of a 12 oz. juice and a muffin was over $7 so I think that it is a little pricey for my taste, but I will continue to go there sporadically.

• Visited March 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Kansas City, Missouri
“Mmmmm. Apple-Bacon Muffin. Get it to go and your good!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2010

I used to be somewhat promiscuous with my coffee places but now I patronize this coffee shop almost exclusively now. Usually I like to brew my coffee at home, but if I'm feeling lazy, this is the place I go to. Their coffee is excellent and bold (gotta love the Meat and Taters). But for me, what sets them apart are the handmade pastries and other food items. I'm currently all about this apple and bacon muffin with maple glaze, it's kind of overkill but darn if it isn't tasty. Their quiches and sandwiches are also fresh and very good. Most other coffee houses just don't have much for food and/or the quality is lacking. Regarding another person's review where the service was "Arrogant", I have had inconsistent service at different times of the day. But usually in the morning, the owners are there and it's excellent, I think maybe they do have some turnover or a lot of new help and I'm guessing some of these individuals just aren't as passionate about their jobs, it's hard to find good help, not giving them a pass on this, just saying. You will probably find yourself waiting in line, but I don't see how this is different from any Starbucks or any other busy coffee house. The only reason I didn't give them a five is that it seems there is never anywhere to sit (usually busy), this is not entirely their fault I guess, but it does require some attention. I usually go of a morning, so I realize this is a busy time. Again, just saying.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
KC
“Best place to get coffee!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2009

I wish I lived next door. This is the best place to get coffee ever! I drive 20 mins every sunday to get coffee here.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City
“perfect coffee”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2009

first time there and it was like a breath of fresh air. everything gleamed and shined- it was so clean! The music was good and relaxing and the atmosphere appeared light and easy. when I got to the counter the woman behind it looked at me with such compassion, as if she genuinely wished for my happiness. never before have i seen a latte so beautiful- three leaf designs of white inside a lovely red brown... and then it was perfect... just right amount of hot and creamy, a smooth, rich, and slightly nutty taste. i sat down at a table near a large glass garage door and watched the charming neighborhood around become enveloped by autumn. I was so enchanted that I almost forgot where i was in the city. Filling Station- I'll be back.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Alamosa
“Arrogant service”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2009

I tried the Filling Station on 4 occasions during the past month. The atmosphere is good and so is the coffee & food. However, the service is not so good unless you are a regular customer. Each time, I had wait several minutes to get service. Once, the line was 7 or 8 people deep but there was only one person taking orders. The other person was washing pots & pans and walked back & forth behind the line without lending a hand to service customers. Later, when it was not busy, she waited on customers. I guess it was more important to wash the wares than to wait on customers. Another time, I walked right up to the counter. There were 3 employees working yet I stood there awkwardly waiting to be served while two were engaged in conversation with customers seated at the bar and one was focused on her chores. Each of the 3 looked my way a couple of times, but did not even acknowledge my existence. Once they finished their chit chat, one of them strolled over to take my order. Other times, the service seems cold or unwelcoming, unless they know you. I really want to like this place, but I don't know that I can wait out the hazing period to be accepted as a customer.