“Clean & Nice” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center

You added Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center to your Saves list
Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   9103 East 39th Street, Kansas City, MO 64133 (Formerly Holiday Inn Kansas City SE - Waterpark)   |
Ranked #61 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Shelbyville, Kentucky
“Clean & Nice”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012 via mobile

This hotel was clean and nice. It was a good value. The rooms were large but the bathrooms were very small. At 6' you have to bend over to take a shower. This was the only negative that I witnessed. Overall it was a good value and very clean.

• Stayed October 2012
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 28, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. I can understand that being over 6' tall can be a problem in the shower. I am glad that your room was clean and nice. Hopefully you will visit us again. Thank You

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Pittsburg, Kansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2012

After being stranded by the Clarion hotel next door, this hotel not only gave us an Excellent rate but included free passes to their CoCo Resort Waterpark for my entire family, upgraded our room to accomadate our family size. Gave free meals for the children with adult purchases, had an absolutely astonishing interior with business center, lounge, restaurant, arcade and waterpark. Plus, indoor pool and spa, and outdoor pool. The night we stayed there was a wedding and a 70th birthday party taking place in the banquet facilities. Also, a game at Arrowhead Stadium. For as many people they had to accomadate, they were very calm and respectful of all. Everyone seemed very happy, and greatful for their stay. We "WILL" be staying here again!!

Room Tip: Simply ask, they will do anything to try and meet your expectations.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us on TripAdvisor. I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us. It was a pleasure being able to help make your trip special. I do hope that you come back and see us again soon.
Mansfield, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2012

I will keep it brief. Great location for Chiefs game, really friendly staff. Although it was busy didn't have any issues with noise. Really surprised with the bar area, very nice. Shuttle to game was a nice surprise

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 20, 2012
It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Coming for a game is always exciting here and yes very busy. We do provide a complimentary shuttle for all of the Chiefs and Royals home games as well as other events at the stadium. Hope to see you again soon and thank you for staying with us.
Saint Louis, Missouri
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

This is the former Adams Mark Hotel. It is tired and old and in need of a total renovation. From the wallpaper and carpeting in the hallway to the stained carpet and overall oldness of the room, including the outdated furniture, I would opt to stay elsewhere next time I'm in Kansas City. The place had an old "odor" to it. Not to mention that they run a shuttle from the hotel parking lot to the Chiefs game which only adds to the crowded parking lot and the ability to find a place for a paying guest.

Room Tip: Had a room on the first floor that seemed quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for your comments on TripAdvisor. You are correct our hotel has been here since the early 70's. We are currently renovating the front entry of the building and also just put in brand new elevators and there are more projects soon to come. We do also provide a free shuttle to and from all of the Chiefs and Royals games. Hopefully the next time you drive by or come and visit you will see a difference.
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

If you ever go to Kansas city to see the royals or chiefs then this is the Hotel for you , It is within walking distance of both stadiums and has excellent views of them from your hotel room. it is priced reasonably and rooms are average in comparison to other hotels , but I just fell in love with the view of the stadiums from my room.

Room Tip: select high floor overlooking the stadiums
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, October 13, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write a review on Tripadvisor. I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and you are correct the view is amazing. It is great that you have a view of both stadiums and we love football season. I love driving up to the hotel and seeing the jerseys in the windows. I hope that you do come back and stay with us again soon.
Dallas, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

Kids and I stayed here over the weekend and it was great. Great customer service, rooms were very clean. We stayed in one of the newly renovated rooms, no complaints this time around. My kids and I stayed here once before and the rooms were not so clean, but this is before they started renovating rooms. We would stay here again and the rate you cant beat through hotwire, you surely get your money's worth and some.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 27, 2012
Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you had an excellent stay here with us. Our new housekeeping director will be please to hear that you found her property very clean as she works very hard with her staff to have a clean hotel. I hope that you get to come back and stay with us again soon.
Lee's Summit, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2012

I am currently visiting this hotel and my first impression is excellent! When I walked in i was very pleased with how friendly the staff at the front desk was. I did not have a reservation already so I was inquiring about staying one night with my wife and three children, one of whom is autistic. The young lady at the front desk, Dakota, was extremely helpful and sweet. She honored the government rate for me and answered all my questions with a smile. I was very impressed with her attitude when I informed her I had an autistic child with me and that she might run off on her own, Dakota informed me that she has a lot of experience with autistic children and it would be no problem for her to help if my child seemed lost. Thank you so much for being so warm and welcoming!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Victoria D, Manager at Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center, responded to this review, September 22, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with Trip Advisor. It is great to hear that you are enjoying your stay with us. Dakota is new to our staff and she is an asset to our team as she brings excellent customer service with her. If there is anything else that we can assist you with while you are here please do not hesitate to ask. Thanks again for staying with us!!!

Been to Adam's Mark Hotel & Conference Center? Share your experiences!