“Poor service” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #301 of 1,213 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Japanese
“Poor service”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012 via mobile

Third visit today. There is always some hiccups with service. Though food is above average. I really want to like this place, but they keep making it hard.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

Denver, Colorado
“Great Sushi Joint in Brookside”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

This is my second or third visit to this little gem on my last couple of trips to KC. It's located in Brookside, an area not far from the University and the Plaza. It's a great little spot without the crowds of summertime in KC one typically finds on the Plaza.

I arrived earlier than my friends and found ample street parking nearby. I was instantly greeted and the bartender made me my new favorite summer drink, the Green Tea-something. I can't remember the name, but it had Stoli blueberry vodka, some kind of green tea liqueur, a bit of sweet and sour and something else in there--it was refreshing and tasty. I could have easily schlucked down a couple but I controlled myself and only had one. ;-D

Everyone ordered various sushi, rolls, and sashimi--all of it was fresh, tasty, and good sized pieces and portions. The presentation could easily be improved by some new plates and dinnerware, but who cares about how shi-shi a place is when it tastes great?

Our waitress was also our bartender, who was on top of it for the place being as busy as it was. She was very pleasant, and was quick to refill drinks, clear plates, and to flash a smile.

Definitely a good place to eat!

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City
“amazing sushi”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2012

Amazing sushi, especially for midwest. Everything is sooo tasty and fresh. I have eaten here several times and even bring my friends there from out of town...

• Visited July 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Brookside, Kansas City
“Great sushi and Asian cuisine”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2009

I admit, I'm biased. My wife and I can walk to Domo from our house, and we do this often. We keep showing up because the food consistently tastes great, presents well, and the service is prompt.

We consider this a favorite and recommend to anyone in the area. The owners clearly take pride in their restaurant.

Hope you enjoy this as much as we do!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“HORRIBLE SERVICE / HORRIBLE ATTENTION”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2009

I first off should state i am writing this because it was a continued lack of service thru the dinner...not just a single incident.

First, the employees were so confused on how to present to the customer. They brought me the sushi menu...but no pencil. Not a big deal...i asked for one.

I ordered, food came...no Soy Sauce cup...not a big deal...i asked for one. He brought it over.

I also noticed there were no chop sticks...i asked for them...and he didn't apologize for not having his stuff together.

Waiter failed to refill drinks, until he brought the check - at which point, the food was finished.

It was not a pleasant experience.

Second, my date accidently ordered the wrong food (she thought she ordered regular Salmon Sashimi, instead she circled the Tuna Caviar/Eggs).

When they came to the table, we commented on 'we made a mistake, can we have these taken away, and order the Sashimi'.

The waiter said "no...we have to charge you for this, because the 'eggs were already open' "

Whatever...12 dollars in the trash

Poor service, poor attention, and regardless...the customer is always right...and they should have made a point to make us happy...even if it was our fault for ordering the wrong menu item.