The Holiday Inn Aladdin has the potential to be a very good hotel. The service, particularly at the front desk, is outstanding. The desk staff were cordial, knowledgeable, and surprised us with a greeting glass of champagne (!). The room, a corner king, was okay, but the bed was comfortable and I literally fell asleep after just a few seconds.
The on-site restaurant presents a good menu but the execution left something to be desired. I didn’t think it was possible to muck up a KC Strip steak (especially in KC) but they did, with a sauce that was unrecognizable, and the result was a less than enjoyable meal. The piped in music—rock—didn’t add to the atmosphere.
Long story short: if you’re off to Bartle Hall and the KC Convention Center, H.I. Aladdin is a place to consider staying. However, there’s room for improvement.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aladdin Hotel Kansas City
- Holiday Inn Aladdin Hotel
- Aladdin Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 3 blocks to the NCAA Tournament at the Sprint Center! Award - Winning, Historic Kansas City Hotel Welcomes You Our hotel, Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown - Aladdin Hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, is a 2007 winner of the Holiday Inn Renovation of the Year. This historic hotel offers you the most convenient downtown location in Kansas City, Mo.Lodging at our Kansas City hotel means easy access to the convention, business, financial and entertainment districts of Kansas City. Corporate guests find our Kansas City hotel's location, adjacent to the Kansas City Convention Center, is ideal. We're close to H & R Block Headquarters, the Crown Center (home of Hallmark Cards), as well as the Federal Reserve and IRS. Our downtown Kansas City accommodations have a 24-hour Business Center and complementary high-speed Internet access as well.Our beautifully restored Art Deco hotel in downtown Kansas City features a hip design and vintage style as well as upscale amenities. Join us for a meal at the Zebra Room Restaurant and relax with a drink from our Martini Loft Lounge. Our CitiScape Day Spa will erase the stresses of modern living. Why stay in a standard hotel when you can partake of the Aladdin Hotel experience? Discover just how great a downtown Kansas City hotel can be with a stay at the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Priceline, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Cheap Tickets, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Aladdin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.