“Great downtown KC Option! Colorful, cute, good location.” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Aladdin

You added Holiday Inn Aladdin to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Aladdin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1215 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, MO 64105 (Formerly Citi Centre Plaza Hotel & Aladdin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #50 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great downtown KC Option! Colorful, cute, good location.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2013

We got a great deal to stay at the Aladdin downtown off of hotwire. It is a boutique hotel downtown, right next to the convention center (Bartle Hall). The lobby is colorful and wonderfully remodeled, and we were greeted with champagne and a very nice receptionist when we arrived. The rooms are a bit small but this is an old hotel. The beds are very comfortable, there is free wifi, and the rooms are very comfortably appointed.

The only drawback is parking, but that is not unique to this hotel. You either have to go with valet at $16 a day or do your best to find street parking. It's possible, but a real pain. Just anticipate the valet costs prior to the visit and go with that option. This is also basically what you have to do at the Marriott and at Hotel Phillips so again, not unique to this particular hotel.

In any case, this was a really fun, affordable option and we loved it. If you like boutique hotels and great old remodeled properties, this is for you.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, February 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review!!! I will pass along your fantastic comments to our staff. It is so nice to hear that you enjoyed the hotel as much as we enjoy making it a magical place for all of our guests.

Director of Sales and Marketing

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Pittsburgh PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

Very old hotel. Small rooms. They are clean, but elevators and the whole setup is old. Have not been to the Marriot or any of the other convention hotels but there has to be something better. A difficult trip through the parking lot to get to the convention center over a series of steps.

Room Tip: Most have views of a brick wall 15 feet away.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, January 30, 2013
Thank you so much for your review! Our hotel is on the National Register of Historic Places and offers a unique experience for our guests. We take great pride in our service, and hope that everything met your standards. We hope to see you back again very soon!

Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

My granddaughter was in a dance competition at the convention center and the host hotel was the Aladdin. It was conveniently located to the convention center with an underground walkway to the convention center and other hotels nearby. It was very cold in January so the tunnel was good. The staff was excellent. I only ate there for a breakfast buffet and thought it a bit pricey. We were in close proximity (2 blocks) to the Power and Light District which is where the restaurants and tourist attractions were located. My only complaint about the Aladdin was the heating system was old and noisy. The first night we heard some loud music after 10 PM which we were told came from the 16th floor. We were on the 13th floor. There were three of us (daughter and granddaughter and myself) in the room and I had to ask for more cups and coffee. One cup in the room had chips in it, which I gave to the maid and told her to throw it away. The hotel is in an old building, which has that era's beauty. I enjoy seeing the architecture of earlier eras so staying there was a treat. The staff was very friendly and helped immensely. Trying to get my boarding passes for our flight home could NOT be completed in the business center so the girl at the front desk told me to come there and she did it for me.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Thank you so much for your review! We do offer an extremely convenient location for all weekend activities in downtown Kansas City. Thank you for the helpful comments about the heating system and glasses - your feedback assists us to make positive changes for all of our guests. We hope to have you back very soon!

Lincoln, Nebraska
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

This hotel was not over the top and it wasn't bad either. It is a "boutique" hotel and that's exactly what it presents itself as. The rooms were clean, decorated nicely. The walls are thin though. The staff was very helpful. We only ate breakfast at the hotel, which was the breakfast buffet. It was pretty good. Food was hot and tastey. Not sure if I would pick this hotel again, as there is a Marriott right next door that has a pool; something the kids I was with were bummed about when they heard the Aladdin didnt have. We traveled to Kansas City for a dance competition and the Aladdin was the hosting hotel. All in all it was good.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! Our hotel is on the National Register of Historic places and offers a very unique experience for our guests. We are very conveniently located in the heart of downtown Kansas City, and are connected to the Convention Center (where your dance competition was taking place). We look forward to welcoming you back very soon!

st. louis
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed in KC for our nieces volleyball tournament. We choose the hotel because that is where the team was staying ( holiday inn is very close to the convention center just a few blocks. My niece said you can even get there without going outside ) Check in was great. They offer comp mimosas at check in. The staff could not have been more friendly. I didnt feel like I was at a holiday inn. The building was old and historic. Beautiful lobby. The rooms where very cute and clean. Our room was a little bigger than my parents room. The building is old so you could hear some hallway noise during the day but it didn't bother me at all.

My parents had the same friendly service at check in. My mom being handicap asked for a room right by the elevator. They warned her of the high traffic noise that room might have but they were ok with it also. They offered the mimosas and when my dad declined they offered him other choices. He said a cup of coffee would be great. The man at the desk took them to there room and sent for a fresh carafe of coffee for my dad. He checked the room first for them and straightened the bedding that was just a hair off then asked if he could get them anything else. Great service. Not at all what I expected.

We booked online. They offered 119.00for the night or 129.00 for the night plus two breakfasts. I wasn't sure if we would eat there in the morning so I past on breakfast. We ended up paying full price for breakfast (13.99pp) but that's ok. It was good and service was once again great and convenient.

I was very impressed with this hotel. For 119.00 per night it was a wonderful experiance. I would defiantly recommend this holiday inn. There is a spa on site but I did not use it. They have valet parking for a one time fee of 16.00 you can then come a go whenever you want and didn't wait long at all for the car.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 3rd floor facing the convention center. Our room and view was good. My moms room on...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Thank you so much for your review! We take great pride in our service and the product we are able to deliver to our guest. The champagne is my favorite part too!

Audubon, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Aladdin on November 16, 2012. From the moment we arrived at our room our keys did not work so with assistance from the front desk we headed out for the night. When we returned for the evening, the key did not work again. After the manager tried other options, he put us in another room for the night until someone else came in the morning. To this point I was ok with the situation. The issue arose once we left. I contacted management the week after for a refund or something for our trouble. After 10 calls, with promised call backs that never came, I have given up. The location is nice but the customer service was terrible. I really enjoy the power and light district but I will never stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, January 28, 2013
Dear Josh N,

First of all, thank you very much for your recent stay at our hotel. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. We’d like to obtain some additional detail regarding your experience so we have sent you a private message. We hope to have the honor of serving you again should your travels bring you back to Kansas City.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Cranston, Rhode Island
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2012

The Aladdin is an Interesting Art Deco building; it is obviously an older hotel and needs some refurbishing although Holiday Inn is to be commended for keeping the original design and ambiance. Location is great, in the heart of downtown Kansas City. Rooms are adequate, nothing special.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Sarah D, Director of Sales at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your review! We are very proud of our beautiful hotel! You are correct in stating we are in an excellent location! We hope to see you again soon!

Director of Sales and Marketing

Been to Holiday Inn Aladdin? Share your experiences!