We had prepaid for this room so there was really nothing but eating our money that we could have done to make up for this horrible room that we stayed in for two nights.
Check in was smooth and great. Jai was very nice and helpful. I had an issue with my room card not working and he was quick to fix that.
First off, I'm not one to complain about hotels. I know that there are things that can be overlooked and I'm not picky about my surroundings until they start adding up. I realize that this is a small, older hotel and renovations are limited because of this. But this is supposed to be a boutique. It's FAR from it. To me boutique is updated and nice furnishings, clean, unique.
When we arrived in our room, we noticed that the bed was tiny, the room itself was tiny, and the furnishing were worn. There was a stain on the sitting chair, HAIRS (not just 1) all around the edge of the tub, hairs and dirt on the floor in the bathroom, and stains on the wallpaper in the bathroom. Okay I'll let one hair slide, but come on. HOUSEKEEPING needs to be fired. It's simply turning on the shower and rinsing those down the drain. Come on people. Manage your housekeeping a little better. Replace nasty furniture or at least get it cleaned.
The men working Valet were very nice and overworked to say the least. This hotel is limited on front parking and doesn't have a pull through drive like the bigger hotels so it's hard for the valet to keep up. But...it shouldn't take 45 minutes to get my car. Especially since they're only going across the street. Very disappointed in that since we paid $16 a night for that.
We have stayed at another boutique in the area and actually went there to utilize their bar because this hotels bar was TINY.
We will NEVER stay at this establishment again and can't believe that it's rated 3 1/2 stars. Extremely disappointed in the housekeeping and management on top of that.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Aladdin Hotel Kansas City
- Holiday Inn Aladdin Hotel
- Aladdin Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Kansas City
- Kansas City Holiday Inn
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Only 3 blocks to the NCAA Tournament at the Sprint Center! Award - Winning, Historic Kansas City Hotel Welcomes You Our hotel, Holiday Inn Kansas City Downtown - Aladdin Hotel on the National Register of Historic Places, is a 2007 winner of the Holiday Inn Renovation of the Year. This historic hotel offers you the most convenient downtown location in Kansas City, Mo.Lodging at our Kansas City hotel means easy access to the convention, business, financial and entertainment districts of Kansas City. Corporate guests find our Kansas City hotel's location, adjacent to the Kansas City Convention Center, is ideal. We're close to H & R Block Headquarters, the Crown Center (home of Hallmark Cards), as well as the Federal Reserve and IRS. Our downtown Kansas City accommodations have a 24-hour Business Center and complementary high-speed Internet access as well.Our beautifully restored Art Deco hotel in downtown Kansas City features a hip design and vintage style as well as upscale amenities. Join us for a meal at the Zebra Room Restaurant and relax with a drink from our Martini Loft Lounge. Our CitiScape Day Spa will erase the stresses of modern living. Why stay in a standard hotel when you can partake of the Aladdin Hotel experience? Discover just how great a downtown Kansas City hotel can be with a stay at the Holiday Inn. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, IHG, Priceline, Travelocity, Agoda, Orbitz, Hotels.com and Venere so you can book your Holiday Inn Aladdin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.