“Quaint, nice hotel in downtown KC” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Aladdin

You added Holiday Inn Aladdin to your Saves list
Holiday Inn Aladdin
3.5 of 5 Hotel   |   1215 Wyandotte Street, Kansas City, MO 64105 (Formerly Citi Centre Plaza Hotel & Aladdin)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Save 10-30%
Ranked #46 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Issaquah, Washington
“Quaint, nice hotel in downtown KC”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 22, 2011

The Aladdin is a cute, quaint historic hotel in downtown KC. It sits in the shadows of all the large, commercial hotels downtown but its personality wins out. I stayed here on a family trip. I checked in and was offered a free glass of champagne. My room was nice, on the smaller size with a window that faced a brick building, but needless to say, I was only in my room early morning and late at night so the "view" was never an issue. I found the room suitable, nicely decorated, kinda trendy - I had just the standard room at a great rate! Bathroom was small, but well decorated and, like I said, it was just me. Staff was friendly and outgoing. The lobby could use a few "upgrades" but, again, I didn't spend any time there. I didn't get to utilize the bar or restaurant so I couldn't fairly comment there. Parking? Yes, there is a 15 buck a day valet charge, but there is a parking garage right across the street I am positive one could utilize ( I was just lazy). The ONLY complaint I have is that when, I initially, pulled up to valet, no valet come out to the car to greet me, so I was a little unsure as to what was going on. It was only until I had my luggage out and was on my way into the door, that I was greeted by the valet. He was very friendly and welcoming. So, maybe, he was unsure if I was just picking someone up or? Other than that I found the hotel very clean, and I would assure others to give it a try. If you like hotels with a little character. In regards to noise, there really wasn't allot of noise. Sure, you can hear the shower in the other room, shared wall, but I can in most all hotels anyhow... GOOD STAY. Cute hotel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
mgangle, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, January 24, 2012
Thank You for taking the time to review our hotel. As always it's wonderful to hear about the good experiences of our valued guests. I realize that as a downtown hotel the view on certain floors leaves something to be desired. However, we do try to make sure that while our guests are with us the lack of a view outside your window is compensated by the incredible decor and great team we have inside. I have forwarded your concerns about valet on to the appropriate people and can assure you that upon your arrival on your next visit we will be waiting to greet you with a warm smile and a hearty hello.

Kindest Regards,

Shara Smith-Williams

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
York, PA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2011

Stayed here for 4 nights over Thanksgiving. Everything was adequate, however the maid service is marginal, as is the front desk staff. Probably wouldn't stay here again, just because of the hassle of valet parking, and the additional $60 it cost us, which we were unaware of when we booked here.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Ames, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2011

This wa a nice stay. Very nicely decorated. Easy parking for $12 a day right across the street. No walking outside in the rain. There was a super loud party going on but once we called the front desk it was instantly quiet. Great shower!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are always happy to hear about the experiences of the people that have allowed us into their lives for a short time. We would like to apologize for the brief disturbance in your stay and are happy that our team was able to respond to your need for quiet in an efficient and timely manner. We look forward to seeing you again on your next stay in our wonderful city.

Kindest Regards,

Director of Guests Services
Kansas City, Missouri
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2011

We live in KC and booked here for a night away from everything. Big mistake. Upon check in, front desk staff person was very distracted and not welcoming. Didn't tell us anything about the hotel features except to tell us 3 times that it is a non smoking hotel and we would be fined if we smoked....um, my husband and I are NOT smokers, but okay, we get the picture. We headed up to our room and the keys didn't work. Back down to the front desk, no apologies, issued new keys. Nope-didn't work again. Walked down again and was escorted back up to the room because they either didn't believe me that the keys don't work or they think we are idiots. Nope-didn't work. She asked us to wait in the hall while they called maintenance and I said no we can't wait cause we have pre-purchased movie tickets, we have messed with this for 30 minutes already, and we needed to go. We went back downstairs to be given a new room. Threw our bags down and ran to the theater. Upon returning that night, the a/c was not working correctly and the temperature was at 75 degrees or warmer all night. Not pleasant! When we went to check out, I told the lady at the front desk that the a/c wasn't working and she claimed she knew cause security said they were told during the night about it. When I informed her that it was not us that talked to security and that obviously other people were having an issue, she just said no and then proceeded to dismiss/ignore any comment I made about the check in issues and a/c problem. A simple I am sorry would have gone a long way. What a shame that a beautiful, historic place has to be marred by poor customer service and lack of maintenance.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Shara S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, December 7, 2011
Let me first start by apologizing that your staycation was marred by key issues. As a team we try very hard to make the guests stay as enjoyable and easy as possible, hence the personal escort back to your room in order to expedite your room entry. We in no way were trying to imply that you were ill equipped to open the door, we simply wanted to make sure we did everything in our power to fix the issue.

As you stated the check in experience is an important one, and not one where we want the guests to feel ignored or taken for granted. However, there are times during heavy traffic that we as a staff may not do all we can to communicate to the guests directly in front of us. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take these reviews very seriously and use each of them as a training opportunity for our entire team.

I would like to get the chance to make a better impression on you and your loved ones, please feel free to contact me directly. Shara Smith-Williams 816-421-8888 have a wonderful day.
Saint Joseph, Missouri, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

I would like to start with the fact that the front desk crew should be some what friendly and not unprofessional. Mr. J. -- was the rudest person I have dealt with in a front desk type setting. We first waited through a lot of information that ended up being a run around for over 45 minutes in the lobby. Next, he double booked our room. What a horrible night away in was for us!

Room Tip: Corner rooms
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Shara S, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Aladdin, responded to this review, November 29, 2011
I first want to start by saying that I apologize for the negative experience you had during your check in. All of our front office associates pride themselves on being courteous and professional throughout all interactions with the guest. Regardless of what the issues at check in may be, whether it be a billing issue or a room type issue, we are always willing to try our best to accommodate our valued customers. I would be happy to discuss this issue further with you, please feel free to contact me my name is Shara Smith-Williams and my number is 816-421-8888. Have a wonderful day.
Lawrence, Kansas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 12, 2011

We got such a great last-day-online-deal that the value out weighed any downsides to this small so-called boutique hotel. The location is fabulous for any activity in downtown Kansas City, MIssouri. City parking directly across the street (we paid $13.00 for 24 hours) and then you can walk. The Folly theater is close, the MIdland theater is close the convention center is close and the Power & LIght district is still within walking distance. This is an old hotel and while they tried to decorate it so it was trendy - it seemed pretty tacky to us. But our room, though quite small, was clean and the staff was very friendly and helpful. We'd certainly consider staying there again if the price was right.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
We are pleased that you had a good stay with us while visiting Kansas City. As you stated we are very centrally located to many of the popular Kansas City attractions, and we pride ourselves on the friendliness and professionalism of our team. We are a boutique hotel with a modern art deco design that appeals to a majority of our guests, but I would agree that it is not a style that is for everyone. We do appreciate this and hope that your excellent experience with our incredible team will bring you back again.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

The hotel is in a great location. The staff are really nice. When I checked in the room wasn’t made up yet, but that’s ok, they organised another room and were really nice. The rooms were clean and comfy. It really is such a nice hotel. And when you think of Holiday Inn, you may think budget, but this hotel really impressed me. Local attractions: Around the corner is the Power and Light District, close to Sprint Centre. Few mins walk to the KC Market. And just around the corner is the best supermarket – Cosentino’s, if you are after a very quick meal this place offers freshly cooked meals. Tip: If you are coming from overseas, check out the City Hall Observation Deck – its free!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are happy that you were able to enjoy the local attractions while in Kansas City, and that we were able to be apart of your wonderful experience. We look forward to seeing you during your next stay in Kansas City.

Been to Holiday Inn Aladdin? Share your experiences!