“A convenient Stop Near the Airport” 4 of 5 stars

Save 10-30%
Ranked #39 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“A convenient Stop Near the Airport”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2013

My spouse and I spent a night at the Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport. It is an excellent choice for airport convenience. The hotel is a 2 minute trip to the airport. We belong to the rewards program through Holiday Inn and at check-in we were pleased to be presented with coupons for a free drink in the restaurant inside the hotel and coupons for a free breakfast for 2, as well. There are other perks with membership in their program like free high speed internet and daily newspaper.
The rooms are roomy enough for a pleasant evening. Nice flat screen TV on the wall, a comfy chair and ottoman, desk, and plenty of light. The bathroom is dated but clean with all the amenities you need for the night. The bed was comfortable and clean with soft pillows....but not too soft. The doors closing from rooms nearby were heard pretty loudly but other than that, the room was quiet.
The morning breakfast was good and the service was quick. There is a buffet option with hot or cold choices like scrambled eggs, waffles, oatmeal, sausage, bacon, cereals, juices, etc. You can also order a la carte.
The staff was very friendly upon check in and check out. There are many restaurants within 5 miles of the hotel. There is a large mall and shopping area within 5 miles also. We definitely would recommend this hotel for singles, families or business travelers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Burlington, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

I made a reservation for a convention. I made sure that I would be able to check in early. When I arrived I contacted the front desk and asked if there was anyway to check in. He said check back with him at 12 or 2, as I would be in classes til then. I then returned to the Hotel at 2PM to get my early Check in. The woman at the desk told me it would be another two hours til check in. My Understanding was that I would be able to check in. I cancelled my reservation And drove home. I don't understand why they did not have enough housekeepers to get rooms done with reservations coming in!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
mbrcha, Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dottie S,

I am very sorry to hear that you had issues with checking in for your stay. Our normal check in time is at 4pm we cannot gurantee anything before that time. I am sorry for the misunderstanding with the front desk clerk. I will have a conversation with the front desk staff so this will not happen again. We do appreciate your feed back. I hope you will give us another chance in the future.
Kansas City, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 15, 2013

We used this hotel for one night prior to our departure from MCI airport. Check in was easy, and adults are provided one free drink coupon per visitor at check in. I went to the bar and had a meal and a beverage and watched the game.. The bartender was positive and interacted well with the customers. Service was quick. In the room, the beds are standard Holiday Inn fare, and the bathrooms were clean and met expectations for this type of room. We used the shuttle service to the airport the next morning. The service was good but the driver obviously had not bathed in some time. I literally had to breathe through my newspaper to keep from gagging. Sorry to report this, and I realize it is tough getting good help, but the guy needed to bathe! It was the longest 5 minute shuttle trip of my life! On the return home, we had a different shuttle driver and he was fine...

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2013

My daughter and I stayed here the night before a very early flight. We arrived late so we didnt get to enjoy much of the hotel. The rooms was comfortable and quiet. The area was very well lit at night and felt very secure. The service we encountered was great and we got off to a good day after our departure!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Peoria, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

We stayed here for four nights for a convention at the business center next door. Hotel staff was friendly and helpful. Always a smile and hello no matter what time. We ate at the restaurant for dinner 3 nights and found the food to be excellent and the service good. My only complaints are that there are no bathtubs only showers and no in room refrigerators. Ice machines are on even numbered floors and you never knew when they would be working. Hotel was very clean and beds comfortable with great pillows.

Room Tip: As close as this is to the airport, we heard no airplane noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 19, 2013

Any airport hotel you have to wonder about noise. This hotel was quiet as can be. Clean, down right spotless! Only reason it does not get a 5 is because pizza places are your only real food options if you don't dine here and don't have a car. I opted to have delivery because of the prices in hotel restaurant but would have been nice to be able to eat at a decent price onsite. Wings $12, Burger I believe was $10? Ouch! Also didn't appear to be open for lunch but if you read the menu in your room they close at 11am? but says they are open for dinner? They were able to accommodate an early check in which was appreciated. Staff was wonderful and a joy with every encounter.No recognition for Platinum Priority? I have got use to having a bottle of water but not this time. I will definitely be staying again at this hotel!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

Stayed three nights; windows faced highway. Quiet. Free shuttle from airport. Property and room were adequate in terms of cleanliness and modern amenities. Staff was friendly and very accommodating. Hotel Restaurant left a lot to be desired. Breakfast buffet items (fresh fruits, pastries and potatoes) were old, cold and left over from the previous day. Ordered off menu: Egg/cheese/potatoes skillet omeltte was dry, vegetables half-cooked and served without the cheese! Dinner and Lunch items were marginal. Stick to burgers, salads and appetizers (buffalo wings were awful). Enjoyed small gym and indoor pool.

Room Tip: Free shuttle to/from airport; less than 10-minutes away. If you're staying more than a day and...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
mbrcha, General Manager at Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport, responded to this review, July 31, 2013
Dear Reggie2U!

Thank you for your review of your recent stay with us at the Holiday Inn KCI Airport. Please accept our apologies for the breakfast food qualilty, specfically the buffet. Please be assured we will address the issues immediately and going forward. I will also pass on to the staff your comments regarding how friendly and accommodating everyone was.

Again, thank you for your comments as they allow us to target specific areas where improvement is needed. During your next visit to the Kansas City area please allow us another opportunity to serve you again and I know you won't be dissappointed.

At Your Service!

THE HOLIDAY INN KCI AIRPORT

Michael B. Rose, CHA

Been to Holiday Inn Kansas City Airport? Share your experiences!