“Great place to stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza

Save Saved
You added Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza
Ranked #14 of 110 Hotels in Kansas City
Indianapolis
“Great place to stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 10, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel every time I have been to Kansas City for a business meeting. It is convenient to the restaurants of Country Club Plaza and is a nice place to stay. Parking lot is convenient and the rooms are comfortable. Staff is first rate. Looking forward to my next business trip to KC.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Castle Rock, Colorado
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This hotel is very close to the Plaza - only two blocks away. It is also very close to parks and walking trails along the river. The staff are very friendly and helpful. I would definitely recommend this hotel for anyone with activities on the Plaza. If I could change anything, I would suggest a separate bar area for after dinner drinks, etc. I would agree with other posts that the hotel has maintained its architecture and decor beautifully. There is also great jazz music playing in the lobby, which just naturally puts you in a good mood.

Room Tip: Room 517 is far away from the elevator, high up, and has a view of the walking trails across the str...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Dallas, Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2013

I had targeted staying here based on location and a very nice lobby. I had originally booked a couple stays while I was in and out of the KC area. My first night was a tiny disaster. There is basically not much parking that is covered and I got one of the last uncovered spaces. There is no way to bring a cart out to you car because there are several steps up between the entrances and either the front or rear of the hotel. so you must make several trips (in the rain) to ferry your luggage to the entrance where you can actually load the cart. Given that it was raining, I am not sure why they directed the load out back where it is so much more difficult? I don't remember if the front area was covered so... Anyway, the room requests had been lost through a few date changes, so I did not get the view I had specified.. Irritating, but not huge. The request that did get transmitted through was for feather pillows. I can not sleep on the recycled coke bottle pillows that are offered at many marriotts.. No Feather pillows in the room. I called down and got the night auditor, who was argumentative and unhelpful. I went down to the front desk and luckily there was someone else to talk to (Just past 11:00 PM) 30 minutes later some pillows were brought up.. More recycled coke bottle pillows. I removed all the pillows from the room and put them on a cart. Another maybe 40 minutes?? later they brought up feather pillows, so now about 12:20? in the morning, I finally can get some sleep. Not much luck there, as the beds are very firm... More of a personal thing because I guess some very old people might like hard mattresses... Anyway, tiny (but nice) room somewhere around 200 square feet at the most, uncomfortable bed, unorganized staff made this not as pleasant a stay, so I moved my reservations to another near by Marriott. The manager called the next day and was very professional, made everything right, so I am giving 3 stars, but without that call, I would have rated lower.

Room Tip: Call ahead to make sure they got the room request right and give them time to fix the misses.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 1, 2013

About once per quarter, I stay at this hotel for a business meeting. It is a great location with so many restaurants, bars and shops within walking distance. The staff is helpful and they recently added a little snack/coffee shop in the lobby. I would highly recommend.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Fayetteville, Arkansas, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

I've stayed at this property multiple times, and it's become my #1 place to stay in Kansas City. As a hotelier, I understand the difference in "dated" properties and "out-dated" properties. This is truly a beautiful "dated" property, as they've captured and sustained the building's character while maintaining the renovated accommodations and exceptional customer service.
Karrie, the Sales Director, is so kind and helpful and I couldn't ask for a better person to work with when booking a room. Trey at the front desk greeted us on our past stay, and he was incredibly helpful and informative. They exceed expectations, and that's exactly what will keep me coming back.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

For many travelers, this hotel might be a little dated. It has been around for a long time and is a staple for those of us that frequent the KC Plaza. It was once an apartment building, complete with vintage milk closets on each floor for the delivery of milk in days gone by, very charming. The rooms are well appointed with most overlooking the park and Plaza entrance. A great little restaurant (mostly breakfast for us) downstairs and you can literally walk anywhere in 10 minutes. The location on the Plaza's shopping Mecca and historic feel have made this a must place to stay on our visits to KC. We always try to reserve the 1BR suite (which are corner rooms!) for the extra size and views. A great find among ultra luxury hotels, I like those too, but this one keeps me coming back.

• Stayed October 2012
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are very nicely decorated, and we had a great view on the 6th floor. We loved the history of this hotel. Very nice beds and toiletries. Wonderful stay...we will go back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!