“Best location on the Plaza” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza

You added Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza to your Saves list
Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   4600 JC Nichols Pkwy, Kansas City, MO 64112   |
Hotel deals
Hotel packages
Special Offer
Earn Rewards Points!
Ranked #16 of 111 Hotels in Kansas City
“Best location on the Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2013 via mobile

For many travelers, this hotel might be a little dated. It has been around for a long time and is a staple for those of us that frequent the KC Plaza. It was once an apartment building, complete with vintage milk closets on each floor for the delivery of milk in days gone by, very charming. The rooms are well appointed with most overlooking the park and Plaza entrance. A great little restaurant (mostly breakfast for us) downstairs and you can literally walk anywhere in 10 minutes. The location on the Plaza's shopping Mecca and historic feel have made this a must place to stay on our visits to KC. We always try to reserve the 1BR suite (which are corner rooms!) for the extra size and views. A great find among ultra luxury hotels, I like those too, but this one keeps me coming back.

• Stayed October 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Lincoln
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 19, 2013 via mobile

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here. The rooms are very nicely decorated, and we had a great view on the 6th floor. We loved the history of this hotel. Very nice beds and toiletries. Wonderful stay...we will go back!

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Branson West, Missouri
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

Stayed here for a business trip with a couple of work friends. When we got to the room, the keys they gave us would not work. But a manager just happened to be walking by and she was so very helpful. She had a master key, but when she opened the door, she said it was obviously already being occupied. She called the front desk, and got us to our correct room number. She was so apologetic because of new trainee at the front desk that had wrote down the wrong room number. We totally understood, but the manager insisted we come down for some free drinks after we got settled in. She also gave us some vouchers for free wine tasting at a local restaurant. The atmosphere of the hotel is so nice. The room was very spacious, absolutely spotless, and the bed was probably the most comfortable bed I have every slept on (away from home). There was lots of pillows on each bed, and they also were so very plush and comfortable. I wish I did not have to get up early to attend a conference. I would have loved to sleep in late with comfort like that. The location is also very good. It's walking distance to the Plaza where there is lots of restaurants and shopping. I am planning to return for a leisure shopping trip with my daughters, and I will defenitely be staying at this same hotel.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Wilton Manors, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2013

When I go to Kansas City for work I always try to stay around the Plaza area and find that using Hotwire or Priceline will get you a 3.5 to 4 star Hotel like this one I got for $75. Per night! The service and staff are great and the area is outstanding with wonderful restaurants and things to do. How ever the city had decided to stick it to travelers and have Hugh fees to pay for there new downtown projects for example I rented a car and the city fees were more expensive by almost 3 times .. So don't have a convention in this city ever! Until they stop screwing the travelers to pay for their city facilities.. If I can I avoid coming to this city because of these outrageous fees!

• Stayed May 2012
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I have spent 5 nights in Country Plaza Hotel and recommend it. Lovely and helpful staff, very comfortable rooms. I loved their gym, pool and terrace. Very nicely located and close to various restaurants and shops.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
midwest
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 26, 2013

I stayed here one night during a snowstorm to be close to work. The lobby is being renovated but I noticed no noise. The room was lovely, so tastefully done. Of course, the Marriott bedding is wonderful. I was extremely comfortable and would recommend this hotel to anyone!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Greenwich, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

I stay at this hotel often to do work at St Luke's hospital right up the street. My latest stay was excellent, as have been all of my previous stays. They are renovating the rooms and lobby, and I stayed in one of the updated rooms. The update was very tastefully done and yet the character of the building remains (was a historic apt building that still has the milk doors in the hallways). The staff is always über friendly. Location is great, walking distance to tons of shops and reataurants without being in the busiest area, and right across from a park. I've stayed in other hotels in country club plaza, which are all quite nice, but this is my favorite.

• Stayed March 2013

Been to Courtyard by Marriott Kansas City Country Club Plaza? Share your experiences!