“Great Hotel, Convenient Location” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #22 of 109 Hotels in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
GreenLeadersSilver level
Los Angeles, California
“Great Hotel, Convenient Location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2014

We stopped here for one night on our trip across the country and found the hotel and accommodations to be exceptional. We arrived very late--around 11pm--but the valet and check-in were very friendly. Colby at the front desk was especially helpful. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom was outfitted with top-shelf bath products. We used the small gym which was nice and had everything you needed. We didn't get to enjoy the location as much as we wanted but saw that the hotel was walking distance to many restaurants. We highly recommend it!

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, April 2, 2014
Thank you for that very kind review of our hotel. I am so pleased you found everything to your satisfaction. Maybe one day we will see you again when you can spend more time in the area.
Thanks again for your time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014 via mobile

The central location of this hotel was great and the lobby & rooms were very nice, for a historic hotel.
Everything was fine until I awoke in the morning to find I had no water coming from any faucet, not my sink, not my shower, nowhere. I was there on business and needed to be up my meeting room there for a presentation in an hour. I called the front desk and with no apology they said they'd send someone up, I asked them to hurry as I was the speaker at a meeting soon. 25 minutes later no one had still come up & I needed to get ready to go. When I called the front desk and told them no one had been up yet they still dust offer an apology and just said he was coming. I ended up having to brush my teeth and was he my face using a bottle of water I had brought with me and did not get a shower. When I left for my meeting I still had no water.
When I checked our later that day I mentioned my fiasco to the front desk, they just said "Yeah they'd heard about that"
I explained I was very unhappy and they just asked of I was a Hilton's honor club member, when I said no they did ask if they could comp lunch for the inconvenience but I had already eaten in our meeting. My company had booked 15 rooms for two nights plus a meeting room, I thought they want to take better care of us. I was extremely upset that I had to go into a big meeting without having a shower, I thought someone should have offerede a free night at any Hilton, but I guess since I'm bit an "honor" member personally, that they didn't care abouty business.
Nice hotel but I was disappointed in the service

• Stayed March 2014
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit. I am so terribly sorry you had water issues in your room. No excuses, we failed you in this regard, and we certainly should have handled this better upon your check out. Frankly you seem generous in giving us a 3-dot review. Please contact me directly at philip.strnad@hilton.com so I can make this right for you.
Again, thanks for your feedback!
Arlee, MT, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2014

I find this hotel to be a great place to stay when in KC for business. It's an older hotel that is in great condition, very clean rooms and very nice lobby, bar, and restaurant. Great location as well, with lots of shopping, restaurants, and entertainment within walking distance. You have to log in to the internet each day which is a little annoying, but it works well.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for the great review Paul. I am pleased you enjoy your visits to Kansas City and our hotel. As our internet access is complimentary the system does make you sign in daily. Hopefully that is not too much of a hassle. Thanks for your feedback and we hope to see you again!
Lenexa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 13, 2014

This is a very nice hotel within walking distance of the new downtown Kansas City area. The President Hilton has excellent views, a good restaurant, fantastic lobby, and great service. I would recommend it if you are staying in downtown KC.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit. As your review noted the location is perfect for nearly any downtown event. We are the closest hotel to the Sprint Center and the only hotel in the Power and Light Entertainment District. We would love to see you again in the future!
Kansas City, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This hotel is beautiful and is a real budget buster. It is walking distance to Power and Light District and Sprint Center which makes it worth the very high prices. Parking is extra, breakfast is extra and this makes for a really high bill in the end. It is a one of a kind hotel, very historical and beautiful and a really nice room. If you want a good view of the city, that is extra also. The location is perfect.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. I certainly hope you found value in our pricing model. We do our best to provide value and service for every guest. It is feedback from guests like you that help us determine our pricing model in the future.
Thanks again for your time and your feedback!
chesterfield, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

a step back in time, an old world gem. efficient staff and very clean and comfortable. I was there on a Thursday and stunned that the resturant dinning room was unavailable because "student interns" had exclusive use until 7:30

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Thanks for sharing your thoughts about your visit. I am pleased you enjoyed the hotel. I am terribly sorry we could not accommodate you in our restaurant on Thursday night. We certainly should do a better job of communicating in house events. We do hope to see you again in the future!
Nebraska, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel on a girls weekend in October. Rooms are nice and clean. Great bar. Free valet parking. Best of all is the location!! Just a few blocks from the Power & Light. We walked there and back on a Saturday night and felt completely safe. Will definitely stay here again!!

Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your visit to our hotel. I am pleased you found everything to your liking!
We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Been to Hilton President Kansas City? Share your experiences!