Just spent a few days here in the heart of the Power & Light District. Traditional early 20C art deci building modernised, with its own restaurant, Drum Room bar and a Starbucks. Staff friendly and helpful. Iconic Power & Light Building just across the street.
Free wifi in the room. In-room safe a real plus. Taking up the offer of vouchers for $10 breakfasts excellent value - silver service with plenty of choice. First room I was offered was not acceptable - tiny and very dark - but was able to upgrade with no fuss at all to a very pleasant room higher up.
Downsides: in temperatures over 100, rooms could really use fridges - ice buckets just don't cut it. Business Center is just 2 computers in cramped space - that could be improved. I wouldn't recommend staying here on a Saturday night - not the hotel's fault, but the surrounding district really jumps and loud music thumping until 3 a.m. not good; after that, very peaceful. No coin-operated laundry, which is such a help when you are travelling around a lot.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton Kansas City
- Kansas City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond award winning hotel, and the only hotel in the new Power and Light entertainment district. The hotel was originally opened in 1927, closed for many years. Re-opened in 2005 after a 45 million dollar renovation. This stunning hotel is truly one of Kansas City's grand hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Hilton Hotels, Tingo, getaroom.com, Hotels.com and Otel so you can book your Hilton President Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.