“Great stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Bellevue, Nebraska, United States
“Great stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 17, 2013

I really liked the charm of this hotel. The room was large, the bathroom modern and clean, and the bar area was nice after a long day. Unlike many other Hilton hotels there was no charge for the wifi Internet or the fitness center. Though the fitness center is small and not up to par to other Hilton hotels. Mark, the concierge, was simply a pleasure to make requests with and Valentine, in the bar, delivered fantastic service. The location is easily accessible via the interstates and the hotel is right on the power and lights district. I will be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
Thanks so much for the kind review Amanda. I will make sure that Mark sees your comments. I know he will appreciate you taking the time to recognize his attention to guest service details. You pointed out some great features of our hotel and we look forward to providing the same levels of service for all of your future visits to Kansas City.

536 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (75)
Napa, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Beautiful clean hotel was a nice surprise. This is a Kansas City gem. Comfortable beds and pillows and everything was very clean. The fresh fruit was an extra added bonus. Friendly and helpful staff was a pleasant surprise.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 15, 2013
Thank you for the concise review of our hotel, I am certainly pleased you had a nice visit. Please look us up again if you are in Kansas City!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Good location to the very happening Power & Light District. Hotel itself has an older feel to it which is nice. Restaurant bar attached to the hotel was pricey but not much more than surrounding establishments. There was a close grocery store within walking distance and there are a ton of restaurants and bars a stones throw from the front door. Dont rely on the hotel van despite it being available, the hotel doesnt staff strong enough with a driver.

• Stayed February 2013
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Thanks for taking a moment to review our hotel. Point taken about the shuttle. I am pleased you enjoyed everything else about your visit. Our hotel is the only hotel in the Power and Light Entertainment District, and as you pointed out, centrally located to all attractions and night life. We look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lincoln, Nebraska
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this hotel. Was my second time staying. First time was a couple years ago with my daughter as we had attended a concert at the Sprint Center. This time was an anniversary weekend with my husband. The staff are all nice and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a great view of the Power and Light district only downfall was how loud the music was at night when trying to sleep, I think next time I will ask for a room away from that side as when I was there with my daughter we never heard the music. We did eat breakfast there both days and the food was good and the staff very nice. We also ate dinner one night at the restaurant which was very good and our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful! We also enjoyed a couple drinks in the Drum Room. I can't wait to go back I have yet to be disappointed in the service there.

Room Tip: If your older like me and not out partying all night you may want to ask for a room not facing the P...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
What a kind review, thanks Deb. We certainly "love" our guest's just as much as you "love" our hotel. We have a wonderful team of hospitality professionals that take great pride in our service levels. It is so thoughtful for you to share such kind words. We look forward to having you back in the future!
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night at the hotel on 03/09/13. We booked this hotel based on our trip agenda which included a concert at the Sprint Center. The hotel check-in went very smooth along with the valet parking which cost $18.00 but well worth it. The Sprint Center in only a 5-10 minute walk which makes the stay even more valuable. The hotel is clean and the rooms decent sized. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I cannot tell you how it was. We tried Jack Stack BBQ for dinner which was good but overpriced in my opinion. A taxi cab ride from the hotel to the restaurant cost $5.00 each way. The front desk and valet parking attendant were all cordial and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to others and will stay there again when back in the area!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the "great stay" review. The hotel is really located in an exceptional location for so many activities. A quick walk to the Sprint Center, and we are proud to be the only hotel in the Power and Light Entertainment District. Thanks for the visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great friendly staff that treated me as a valued client, large comfortable room including a large bathroom, great breakfast again with a great staff (my coffee and water was never empty), front desk people were very helpful, I was attending a conference and the conference rooms and service were outstanding also. I never got a chance to check out the bar but it looked cool and I will try it next time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the quick and kind review of our hotel. I am pleased you had such a great visit. Please see us again next time you are in KC!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was attending a convention and became snowed in by a snow storm. The hotel was clean and fresh despite being a historic property. The staff were helpful and were ready to handle issues from snowed in customers. I would saty here again without hesitation. I did have two points of concern. First, the valet service was spotty and unorganized. We had to wait just to find the valet. When I arrived, i was hoping for a bellman since I had a great deal of luggage. I found the valet but no offer for my bags, so i made it work. Secondly, since I had many questions over the stay, the staff at the front desk were for the most part helpful and friendly but there were a least two staff members who did not reflect the good service the others provided. I felt more of a bother to them than a guest. But due to the storm, i expected some bumps in the road. Also, the Drum Room was an excellent experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for the review, it certainly was a difficult time during the snow storm, but I am pleased we provided you a nice warm stay. Point taken about the valet parking and we will certainly look into the dates and circumstances that could have contributed to slow delivery times. Please look us up again for future visits to Kansas City!

Been to Hilton President Kansas City? Share your experiences!