“Wonderful Stay” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Lincoln, Nebraska
“Wonderful Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 12, 2013

I love this hotel. Was my second time staying. First time was a couple years ago with my daughter as we had attended a concert at the Sprint Center. This time was an anniversary weekend with my husband. The staff are all nice and helpful. The room was very clean and comfortable. We had a great view of the Power and Light district only downfall was how loud the music was at night when trying to sleep, I think next time I will ask for a room away from that side as when I was there with my daughter we never heard the music. We did eat breakfast there both days and the food was good and the staff very nice. We also ate dinner one night at the restaurant which was very good and our waiter, Andrew, was wonderful! We also enjoyed a couple drinks in the Drum Room. I can't wait to go back I have yet to be disappointed in the service there.

Room Tip: If your older like me and not out partying all night you may want to ask for a room not facing the P...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 18, 2013
What a kind review, thanks Deb. We certainly "love" our guest's just as much as you "love" our hotel. We have a wonderful team of hospitality professionals that take great pride in our service levels. It is so thoughtful for you to share such kind words. We look forward to having you back in the future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (84)
Rogers, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

Just spent a night at the hotel on 03/09/13. We booked this hotel based on our trip agenda which included a concert at the Sprint Center. The hotel check-in went very smooth along with the valet parking which cost $18.00 but well worth it. The Sprint Center in only a 5-10 minute walk which makes the stay even more valuable. The hotel is clean and the rooms decent sized. We didn't eat at the restaurant so I cannot tell you how it was. We tried Jack Stack BBQ for dinner which was good but overpriced in my opinion. A taxi cab ride from the hotel to the restaurant cost $5.00 each way. The front desk and valet parking attendant were all cordial and helpful. I would recommend this hotel to others and will stay there again when back in the area!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the "great stay" review. The hotel is really located in an exceptional location for so many activities. A quick walk to the Sprint Center, and we are proud to be the only hotel in the Power and Light Entertainment District. Thanks for the visit and we look forward to seeing you again in the future!
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

Great friendly staff that treated me as a valued client, large comfortable room including a large bathroom, great breakfast again with a great staff (my coffee and water was never empty), front desk people were very helpful, I was attending a conference and the conference rooms and service were outstanding also. I never got a chance to check out the bar but it looked cool and I will try it next time

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for the quick and kind review of our hotel. I am pleased you had such a great visit. Please see us again next time you are in KC!
Omaha, Nebraska
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I was attending a convention and became snowed in by a snow storm. The hotel was clean and fresh despite being a historic property. The staff were helpful and were ready to handle issues from snowed in customers. I would saty here again without hesitation. I did have two points of concern. First, the valet service was spotty and unorganized. We had to wait just to find the valet. When I arrived, i was hoping for a bellman since I had a great deal of luggage. I found the valet but no offer for my bags, so i made it work. Secondly, since I had many questions over the stay, the staff at the front desk were for the most part helpful and friendly but there were a least two staff members who did not reflect the good service the others provided. I felt more of a bother to them than a guest. But due to the storm, i expected some bumps in the road. Also, the Drum Room was an excellent experience!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Thanks for the review, it certainly was a difficult time during the snow storm, but I am pleased we provided you a nice warm stay. Point taken about the valet parking and we will certainly look into the dates and circumstances that could have contributed to slow delivery times. Please look us up again for future visits to Kansas City!
Omaha, Nebraksa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

Staff friendly and helpful during a snowstorm that shut down the city. There was quite a bit of street noise from snow removal equipment even from a high (10th) floor. Food better than average. Quirky layout with lots of steps and ramps....I guess this would be expected with a historic property. Valet/bellman not always present. Carpet getting a little worn and a little mold in shower. I would definitely stay again but I would probably ask to see the room first!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Thanks for taking a moment to review your stay at our hotel. There are a couple of issues that we clearly need to address. However overall I am pleased you had a nice stay and most importantly we look forward to hosting you again in the future.
Lakewood Village,TX
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2013

My company booked me here for a downtown Kansas City convention since Hilton is our preferred hotel vendor. As a Diamond member I asked for an upgrade but when I reached my room it was facing the opposite side of the other wing of the hotel and I felt I was in a downtown apartment with no view from the 10th floor. I stayed here four nights and could have tried to change my room but did not bother as I had more important priorities. This is a historic and very old hotel but the rooms and bathrooms were nicely sized, clean and updated for a very old hotel. My room had a nice work desk and a flat screen TV so no real complaints regarding the room. My issues were with the room service and the kitchen and breakfast services. It was the absolute WORST service and wait staff attitudes of any hotel that I have stayed at in my memory. Considering the fact that my room cost around $225 per night plus $18.00 per day for valet, one would expect a higher class of service with more appreciative attitudes. The best and most friendly service was at the Drum Room bar where the wait staff and bartenders were great - the highlight of my stay at the hotel. Room service forgot two memu items and the silverware and 15 minutes later returned (no apology) with silverware but still without one of the entre items and the delivery staff mentioned that room service was closed for the night @ 7:30 PM really?
Also my credit card number (not my actual card) was stolen after spending my first day here and I had to cancel the card which has never ever happened to me ever! Anyone reading this review please note - this is a privately owned franchise Hilton property not a corporate owned Hilton hence the probable reason why this hotel was not up to the typical high standards of a Hilton corporate owned hotel. I am a Diamond member of Hiltons and love this chain and have stayed domestically and internationally at Hiltons with always a good to outstanding experience, this time was not the case. I do not know if I would ever stay here again because of the credit card situation which was weird because after my card company contacted me the hotel delivered a warning letter to everyone stating that calls were being made to hotel guests and asking for their credit card numbers - what? This was not my case and I think the hotel management learned that someone internally was hijacking card numbers and this was a way to CYA (cover your A__) situation and did not want to alarm guests that they may have had a fraud operator somewhere on their staff, but I can not prove this. I usually would ask to speak to the Hotel manager but my schedule was such that I just did not feel like dealing with the multitude of issues. This review is not indicative of all the hotel staff -the concierge was very helpful and the valet guys were friendly and performed their services great. Just don't have breakfast or room service there. I will however give the benefit of the doubt as they may have been shorthanded due to two large snow storms that had hit the city that week so maybe some staff could not make it in to work. The credit card thing was the most disconcerning. Other then that the hotel is about a block from the KC cenvention center and there are numerous restaurants down 14th street. The Bristol Seafood restaurant was excellent if you like seafood.Good luck to future hotel guests, I hope your stay is more uneventful at the Hilton President in downtown KC then mine was! This review todate is the lowest rating I have given any hotel and does not match their average high ratings, perhaps they will learn from this review and improve their operational efficiency for future guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing Baltimore Avenue (front of Hotel). Enjoy the Drum Room bar and have a cold Ste...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
philipstrnad, General Manager at Hilton President Kansas City, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
So sorry you had some issues during your visit, the hotel was certainly stressed to capacity with two major snowstorms in one week, i know our staff really tried to provide the services we would in normal situations. I would be at your leisure if you would like to discuss your visit over the phone. As you can see by our ratings and comments your visit certainly is not the norm.
Philip
Houston
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 26, 2013

A very nice and comfortable Hotel conveniently located in downtown Kansas City. The Staff is exceptionally friendly and helpful. The Hotel is conveniently located to numeous shops and restaurants. The President is my first choice when visiting Kansas City.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Larry, thanks so much for the great review. I am thankful you pointed out the outstanding staff. We have a wonderful group of hospitality professionals and they will certainly see your kind words. Look forward to seeing you again in the future!

Been to Hilton President Kansas City? Share your experiences!