We live close by and I had been to this hotel several times to do hair and makeup for wedding parties. I had never dealt with service, staff, rooms, etc. so wasn't sure what to expect but knew that I loved the hotel itself. I was glad that we picked this hotel for the first night of our staycation and wish that we would have picked it for both nights vs. staying the other night at a hotel nearby that didn't live up to everything that I wanted it to.
After reading reviews I decided to ask for a higher up floor on the SE corner so that we could view the Power and Light District lights. This was a great decision. We were placed in that area and could not have been more happy with our room. We stayed in room 702, if I am correct. The room was beautiful, the views were fantastic and we were truly happy with every part of it. There was a concert going on that evening at The Midland as well as a basketball tournament at The Sprint Center. We were never bothered with noise. The bed was comfortable, bathroom spacious, shower fine, fan in bathroom is motion detected...stays on for a very short time and didn't bother us at all. The noise in bathroom is not noticeable in bedroom at all. Wi-fi...we could not access at all. It is free, which we totally appreciated...but couldn't use because we couldn't find the host.
When we arrived at the hotel we had plans of parking in the garage as I have had issues with slow valet when doing weddings. Nick, who was overseeing valet, was there when we arrived and told us that he would take care of us...so we opted to valet as it is just $2 more (plus tip). Nick was great. Very nice and assuring. When we did get the car the next day, Nick was there and did just as he promised. I hope that this continues as it is absolutely worth it to valet when they are quick and also careful. I do wish that they would not charge at all for parking their guests...but it is what it is. I wish that they would consider this though as they still would get many to valet.
We loved the location of the hotel as we were able to walk to dinner and then to drinks afterwards.
We will definitely return soon. This is a gem in KC.
- Also Known As:
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton President Kansas City Hotel
- Hilton Hotel Kansas City
- Hilton Kansas City
- Kansas City Hilton
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond award winning hotel, and the only hotel in the new Power and Light entertainment district. The hotel was originally opened in 1927, closed for many years. Re-opened in 2005 after a 45 million dollar renovation. This stunning hotel is truly one of Kansas City's grand hotels. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels, Priceline, Travelocity, Booking.com, Expedia, Tingo and Venere so you can book your Hilton President Kansas City reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.