“It's Worth The Stay” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle)

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kansas City
Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle)
You added Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle) to your Saves list
11301 Colorado Ave, I-435 & Hwy 71 at Red Bridge Rd., Kansas City, MO 64137   |
Kansas City, Missouri
“It's Worth The Stay”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 14, 2014

The Value Place at 11301 Colorado Avenue, is super clean.

The staff is professional, respectful and willing to go the extra mile.

Since the new Manager Peter Cooper has been there I;ve seen additional cosmetic improvements inside and out.

The atmospere is family friendly, however you will still enjoy the stay if you're solo.

Thank you.

Juanita

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle), responded to this review, January 29, 2014
Thank you for your feedback! We always appreciate it when our guests take the time to post a review. We are very pleased that you have enjoyed your stay with us. We hope that you will think of Value Place if you ever find yourself in need of a place to stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 14, 2013

The rooms have all been remodeled and they are very nice, new flooring (no more carpet), longer beds, brand new, 32" inch TVs. The staff was all very friendly and the prices were affordable to fit my needs. Would recommend.

Room Tip: Don't be afraid to ask the staff about your preferences, they really are very friendly.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Heather L, Guest Relations Manager at Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle), responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. We really appreciate all feedback we receive from guests. We are very please that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon.
Loxahatchee, Florida
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 13, 2013

DON"T STAY!!!! I was awaken by a roaming RAT rummaging through the cabinets and eating my food. When I called the maintenance emergency line at 5 am.. he was quite annoyed for the wake up call and said this is not an emergency to wait till 9am when the manager comes in. REALLY???? There was an apology from the manager promptly at 9am - along with a "I was aware of this problem but thought it was taken care of" excuse. One would think the three days I stayed would have been returned to me as I had to pack immediately and sleep in my truck in the parking lot this last day, as no one was around to handle this situation. Totally disgusted!!! As I am an out of town worker, this place will never be recommend to any of my co workers, nor will I ever stay at a Value Place again.... They did not handle this situation appropriately.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for the feedback. I apologize that you had this experience in our hotel. We pride ourselves on being the best experience for our guests. Please know that we take your feedback very seriously. Steps have been taken to ensure nothing like this happens again. We sincerely hope that you will choose to stay with us again.
Perth, Australia
1 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2012

Pros: none

Cons: smelt like stale cigarettes, reminded me of a dreary hospital, staff are rude and unfriendly, no wifi, there's nothing close by especially in the way of food so definitely don't stay here if you don't have a car, they didn't have any kitchen packs so not only was there no food close by, I couldn't even cook anything (they didn't even have a toaster so I couldn't make something as simple as toast), it was tidy but the stains on the chairs and the old carpet made it look and feel dirty. I was supposed to stay a week but I stay less than a day, requested a refund and got a room at another hotel down the road.

Overall: It is cheap but it is really nasty. Don't recommend it at all.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Willis, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 22, 2012

My boyfriend was transferred to the Kansas City area for work. We got on the computer to find him an extended stay hotel for his first couple of weeks, and found one very near to his place of work. Upon check in, we realized this was not the place for him. Many of his co-workers suggested Value Place for him to relocate to, so he decided to give it a try. I came to town to help him find an apartment, and stayed with him at Value Place. I found it to be a clean facility, and would stay here again. The room had a kitchenette with a full size fridge and plenty of cabinet space for storage. The rooms are all non smoking as is the whole building, so none of the stinky smoke smell. I would recommend Value Place to family and friends. The only negatives would be no WiFi ( you have to hook up to interenet with a cable), and they could use curtains over the blinds in the rooms.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Colorado
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 24, 2009

Signing in to this hotel was a nightmare. A $100 deposit is actually taken from your credit card at check in. Then, you get to fill out a 3 pages contract, and take a 30 item checklist to your room, where you need to count towels, washcloths, pillows, hangers, etc., then bring the completed checklist back to the front desk. When you finally get to stay in your room, you notice the odor that lingers not just in the room, but the hallways and the elevator, as well. The worst is the stairways, which carry a very definate smell of puke. Nasty. The beds are not comfortable at all. The walls are so thin in this place that you can actually hear the people in the next room snore and do their toileting (not pleasant at 3 am... or anytime, really). NOT a value... ya, there's a fridge, microwave and stovetop, but if you need things like dishes, utensils, cooking items like pots... NOT included. You have to RENT them at an additional cost. Not even a coffepot in the room unless you pay the rental fee for it. If you use the one roll of toilet paper during your stay, you need to replenish that yourself. I tried to use my laptop there, but was told they didn't have wireless access for the customers (just for the hotel management itself). I could, however, rent an ethernet connection for the week. I psid the $10 to do that, but it never actually worked. I had to go a mile away to Panera Bread to use their wireless everyday (whichm btw, IS free, and very hospitable). What irritated me the very most was being scolded like a small child by one of the desk people. I was staying on the 2nd floor, and went down to the 1st floor to ask my boss, who was also staying there, a question about the schedule for the next day. I stood outside his door for, very literally, 2 minutes when this woman came up to me and berated me... "We CANNOT have you people just congregating out here in the hallways like this!" I was the only one in the hallway... can 1 person be a congregation? lol. Anyhow - this place stunk, had all kinds of weird people hanging outside of it constantly, and was definately no bargain of any kind. Oh yeah... and I have to wait 7-8 business days to get my $100 deposit back.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
Overland Park, Kansas
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2007

My family and I had the severe misfortune of staying at this extended stay hotel for a week in late May. We had sold our house in KC and would be moving shortly, but needed another month in KC for work. Needless to say, we are glad we only booked this place for a week instead of a month like we were planning.

The room was supposed to be non-smoking: It had been smoked in constantly by the previous occupants, which only served to cover up the other strange smells that were in the hotel and our room. There were people up and around at all times during the night, i.e. running down the hall, shouting inside, shouting outside. There was always strange women hanging outside the front entrance, usually smoking, but always by themselves or with another very strange old man.

We requested that we have internet access for work purposes, however, our ethernet plug-in was not active and did not work. The front desk was unable or unwilling to help us. We had to call down multiple times for assistance with it, which was fruitless because he was not able to fix it. We were still charged the $10 for the access and were never refunded.

The front desk person was never there. They were open only a few hours a day, and never when someone who didn't work would be there. If you called for a problem while they were off hours, you may or may not of incurred a fee for the call.

My wife refused to be there alone. I had to meet up with her before she would drive up and get out of her car to go inside, and I had to escort her outside to her car each morning.

We checked out as soon as we could and moved to a friends. It was inconvenient, but at least it was safe and clean.

If you need to stay in one, I recommend the one in Olathe. It's brand new and in a much, much better part of town. Unfortunately, that one did not exist when I needed lodging.

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — The entire experience
  • Stayed May 2007, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars Check in / front desk
    • 1 of 5 stars Business service (e.g., internet access)

Been to Value Place Kansas City (KC South - Grandview Triangle)? Share your experiences!