“I LOVE this place!” 5 of 5 stars

Certificate of Excellence 2014
Kansas
“I LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

Kaleidoscope is a place that offers hands on arts and crafts for children. It is one of my younger children's favorite places in the city to go. The art supplies are all donated by Hallmark, and include stickers, cards that can be decorated, puzzle boards that are colored then cut into puzzle pieces, bows, ribbons, bookmarks, all kinds of shape cut outs just to name a few, and they even have a room in black lights dedicated to space where children take melted flourescent crayons and paint the wax on card stock shapes. awesome! The children are given a 90 minute session to do artwork to their hearts content (they hold about 4 sessions each week day) and parents can stay with their kids, or go next door to Halls and tour the museum and history of the Hall's Christmas trees, as well as antique toys and cards, watch cards being engraved for Hallmark, or enjoy making your own bow for packages. If this isn't to your liking, walk to the other side of Kaleidoscope and go shop at Crown Center's myriad of shops. If you have bored teens, they even have an outdoor ice skating rink right across from Kaleidoscope. Your family can easily spend and enjoyable morning and afternoon here and go home happy. We go every Christmas and the great thing about Kaleidoscope, they change their art supplies with the seasons and holidays so it is never the same no matter how many times you visit. This is recommended for elementary children, but on their website, Kaleidoscope has a calendar of 'family sessions' that older sibling and parents can go in and do arts and crafts with the younger children. Check the online schedule for group sessions online and show up 15 minutes early to put your child on a list to go in with school groups that might be scheduled. (There is typically lots of room for more) Otherwise, join the kids on a family schedule.

Visited November 2011

Kansas City, Missouri
23 attraction reviews
“LOVE this place!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 28, 2011

I have been going to Kaleidoscope since I was a child. From a child's perspective it is SO much fun. Free reign on art supplies, crafts, and everything is sized for kids. From a parents perspective it is amazing also. A FREE attraction that allows children to express themselves, make and take all sorts of art projects run around a giant art studio. Perfect for rainy or cold days. i like to take all out-of-town visitors there as well. Before or after visiting make sure to explore Crown Center!

Visited June 2011
“Great for our 2 year old!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2011

We had a great time at Kaleidoscope. Our 2 year old LOVED it. There are plenty of other things to do on the plaza,you can easily spend the whole day in this area. Our little guy was pooped by lunch.

Gladstone, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
“Kids love it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

My girls have been going here since they were very little. If your child is creative this is the place to go. Best of all it's FREE! They have all kinds of media to use for art work. There are family sessions for the younger crowd. I would call or check their web site for times and show up a few minutes early. They only allow some many children per session. Afterwards go next door to the Hallmark visitors center. Lots to look at and it is free also.

Visited June 2011
Plainville, KS
3 attraction reviews
“Kids love it and it is free!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

We have been to Kaleidoscope three times now with my kids (ages 4 and 9 currently) and they always love it. We go during the summer so it is not hard to get tickets (during the school year can be tough due to all the local school kids on field trips) and my kids always leave with a bag full of hand crafted goodies. I even love to paint and color with my kids. The music is fun for kids, the whole place is beautiful and a perfect "kid" haven and like I stated in my title it is totally free. You can't beat that. The last time we went, we got to stay for about 2 hours since they weren't busy. The staff was really fun and helped my kids find what ever they needed to make the best artwork possible, whether it be a piece of colored string or a special color of marker. My kids are always asking when we can go back! We are sure to stop by every time we are in the KC area during the week. And it is located in the beautiful Crown Center area which is a fun place to take your kids anyways. If you are there with young children during a nice day, bring their swim suits and let them play in the fountains when they are done, which is another free thing to do with them!

Visited September 2010