“Big Disappointment” 1 of 5 stars

Ranked #517 of 1,214 Restaurants in Kansas City
Saint Joseph, Missouri
“Big Disappointment”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 20, 2013

I took my 6 year old and 4 year old grandchildren to Street Car Named Desire for lunch today as part of our special outing to Crown Center and Coterie Theater. They chose a grilled cheese from the Kids Menu (2 offerings: grilled cheese OR chicken tender & fries) and 2 milks. I ordered a burger and sweet potato fries as my side for an up-charge. When served, the fries were beyond burned...black & charcoaled, burger small & greasy, tomato old & tired, lettuce limp & disgusting. When I told our waitress that my fries were a "little overcooked," she said she would have them drop some new ones. We finished our meal, and still no fries, so she said she would ask the manager to adjust my ticket. The manager took off ONLY the up-charge even though I was shorted a "side" with my burger. I asked to speak with the manager and she removed the charge. The ticket for 1 grilled cheese (they shared) and 2 cups of milk was $12.16! Very disappointing experience.

• Visited July 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food

Brussels, Belgium
“Street Car Names Desire”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2013

Lovely little place to eat, or have a drink. Simply menu but good.
Friendly and helpful staff. Well located in the corwn center close to the hotel.

Visited July 2013
Fort Worth, Texas
“Nice atmoshere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 18, 2013

Nice atmosphere and friendly staff. The food was good, but seriously...paper plates...try a little harder.

Visited June 2013
Independence, Missouri
“Fathers' Day Lunch”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

After Legoland and before the SeaLife Aquarium we had lunch at one of my favorite places. We took the kids, our kids are grown ups, and our baby granddaughter, to a spot that we love. Thank you Street Car for being the place we remember as always!

Visited June 2013
therealmccoy1
“Great ambiance”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 15, 2013

The food was decent...honestly it was the atmosphere and decor that must keep it going. I wasn't overly impressed with the sandwich I had. Not BAD...just not that memorable. But you should go to see all the interesting stuff on the walls. Plus, it was pretty cheap.

Visited May 2013