“Salad with grilled chicken worth plucking” 4 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #519 of 1,213 Restaurants in Kansas City
Kokomo, Indiana
“Salad with grilled chicken worth plucking”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

If you eat at Street Car Named Desire you need to try the salad with grilled chicken. They gilled a moist chicken breast and place on top of a mixed greens salad. It was excellent and the ckicken was very juicy. My wife enjoyed a big burger with swiss cheese. It was cooked exactly to her liking. Try the onion rings or the fries. Both are worth tasting.

• Visited April 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Lawton, Oklahoma
“Excellent Food & Service”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2013

Mary was our server - she was great did a great job of keeping our drinks filled. She had a fun personality and invited us to come back and dine at Street Car Named Desire again. Food was good and the price was not too extravagant.

Visited April 2013
Midwest USA
“Convenience and great food choices”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Located in Crown Center, this restaurant is a great all-around choice. The prices are good, they serve a wide variety of dishes. Burgers, chicken tenders, salads etc. There is a sports bar section for those who want to watch a game on t.v. The staff is very friendly and efficient.

Visited March 2013
Wichita, Kansas
“Yep, paper plates.”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2013

We were in Crown Center and had never done Street Car Named Desire. Now we have, but never again.

I had the tuna salad sandwich. It came as a scoop of tuna salad (think ice cream scoop) on a piece of bread, with another piece of bread to put on it after you squashed down the tuna salad, I guess. Bread was soggy, especially after the "squashing". Ate half, left half. And the fries? I swear they were Ore-Ida frozen crinkle-cut, straight from the frozen food section.

And, yes, all on a paper plate. And, for all this, the meal was not a bargain.

Skip this, walk down the hall and eat Chinese.

• Visited March 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Lenexa, Kansas
“This place has GONE DOWNHILL!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This USED to be our favorite restaurant! (Refer to my review 11-28-11.) I was seated by the bar, even though it was not busy, having to watch several (4 - 6) waitresses eat their lunch, take a bite, go check on a customer, go back eat some lunch, talk/laugh with each other, gesticulate. They were one table over from me. One eating waitress (the very heavy-set one) sneezed into some big napkin or towel she was holding, then proceeded to a table smiling, got some water, back to the table to serve it WITHOUT EVER WASHING HER HANDS! I never saw her leave the area to wash her hands. It made me sick and I almost left. Got up and changed tables, telling (found out later) the OWNER: "I don't like to have to watch your whole staff eat while I do." My meal was served half cold: the french fries were room temperature. Couldn't find my waitress to tell her so I just told another to get me some hot fries. After they were delivered, with my check, I never saw my waitress again. I complained as I checked out, especially about the sneezing non-hand-washing-overweight waitress. The woman had an 'I don't care' attitude, defending her waitresses, saying some were 'cut' or something. I finally said WHO CARES. DON'T YOU GET IT??? A waitress sneezed into her hands and a towel, and didn't even wash her hands! It made me sick. Why doesn't your staff wash their hands after sneezing into them? Why should you allow so many waitresses sitting around eating in an area I have full view of them while they casually check on their customers???! Are you the manager?'" GET THIS: She said:"I'M THE OWNER." What has happened to this place? We've been going for 30 years, and before it was at Crown Center. It will be a very long time before I go back. The cost per person is VERY HIGH considering the very low value I received. This is a sad commentary on a Kansas City icon.

• Visited March 2013