“A trip back in time” 5 of 5 stars

MIDWEST
6 attraction reviews
“A trip back in time”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

Relatives ( that I will always be grateful to) took us underground to Manifesto. Located under the very historic Reiger Hotel it is like a trip back to Prohibition. Definitely have reservations to this small redone basement. A craft bar that is dark and enchanting. Candles make the scene. The libations are unique and very good. Very very very good. Who would have thought that Rum and rosemary go so well together. Great or romance or special occasions. The atmosphere,company and great drinks made this one of our best, unique evenings in years.

Visited December 2013

San Antonio TX
24 attraction reviews
“Just.....GO!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

We went to Manifesto on a Friday night (with reservations made, of course) and loved it! The drinks are unique and superbly mixed. Sit at the bar if you can.

Lawrence, Kansas
5 attraction reviews
“Once is enough”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2013

Fun way to enter a place. It is small and dark. If you like cocktails, this is the place for you. Most cost $11.

Visited November 2013
Kansas City, Missouri
6 attraction reviews
“A must experience!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 29, 2013

I've grown up in KC my entire life. So for my birthday a few friends took me here. I'm not sure how long it's been around but I am in my mid-30's and am a bit sad I had never discovered it before. It is a very small place. Reservations are recommended. We went on a Friday at 7:00 which was wise to do because by 9:00 there was a line to get in. The door is in the back of the Reiger hotel. You get buzzed in and the hostess takes you to the basement. The only lighting is from candle light. We were seated and you're eyes do adjust. I started with John Lennon is dead and my second was Beautiful red bell. I was a bit surprised how much I liked the second drink because it has red bell pepper in it which I normally dislike. It was however yummy. I also tried a friend's that was gin, lime and basil it was delicious too. The Zombie apocalypse tasted like black licorice though. So if you are a fan of that then try it. They played the Stones, Dylan and such overhead. You really can't see other patrons that well so it's not the sort of place that you go to scour the scene or really stay for more than a couple drinks. At $11 a drink, they use fresh ingredients that are unique and go well together. The art of mixology at it's best!

20 attraction reviews
“Great spot to check out with friends”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

Exploring KCMO while here for a conference and wanted to see the city, not just the pretend city near the convention center. This place gave us what we were looking for before heading to the Blue Room at 18th and Vine. We all liked our cocktails. I'm a Moscow Mule fan and theirs was excellent. The $11/drink plan is awesome - makes it easy to figure out group bills - just don't forget to remind that cheap friend to include tax AND tip or they'll leave you making up the difference once again!