“GREAT KANSAS CITY BAR B Q” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,201 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Large groups, Local cuisine, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Delivery, Late Night
Ottumwa, Iowa
“GREAT KANSAS CITY BAR B Q”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2012

The onions rings were to die for. we were told our wait would be 45 minutes so we went to the bar and picked up a drink and sat outside on the nice patio. Our buzzer went off 20 minutes later and we went inside for a great meal. The service was fast and friendly. Loved the old warehouse feel of the place with all of it's exposed brick. We would definately go back again.The prices were reasonable and I was able to substitute a few of the items on the menu with no hassel or extra charges.

• Visited November 2012

90% Recommend
GRANDVIEW
“my mouth waters!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

TWO WORDS..... Burnt ends! OMG.. I love them so much. I feel this is the BEST LOCATION!!! Others don't have the "homie feel". Onion rings are a must!!! You will always have left overs!

• Visited July 2012
Kansas City, Missouri
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

It had been awhile since my last visit to Jacks Stack, Martin City location..
Love the burnt ends and BBQ Beans...
I won't wait so long next time

• Visited October 2012
Kansas City, Kansas
“Best BBQ in KC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The locations are great, the service is excellent and the food is beyond excellent. Be ready for a wait of up to an hour on weekends, and, if there is an event in town, 2 hours. However, it is worth the wait. They will keep you in cocktails while you wait. This place is really good with large groups of friends (6 or more).

• Visited October 2012
Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food/Overall-[minus one waiter]”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Overall, I give it 3 stars.
Now the food was great! Delishious. My fiance & I shared one plate & it was plentyful!! Ribs, baked beans,cheesy corn, bread- so much it was finger licking GOOD!!

The first impression is everything. Upon entering, we were given this waiter who literally came to our table within 20 seconds of us sitting, asked our drinks & order. I said, can you give us a few this is our first time here-any suggestions? & hes like its all on the menu & walked off. I @ that point was baffled. We looked over the menu, a minute later comes back- 'ready to order?' & i asked him what he recommends. He stated "ribs is the obvious choice" & i just looked @ him oddly. He was very short tempered & I am very well mannered. I said please give us a few extra moments to look @ the menu-& he walked off. I went to a manager & explained- as we eat out at different places alot- & if someone had ticked him off, he was taking it out on the wrong people... the manager then came to the table took our order. A different waitress brought our food, & another one checked on us. I think there- it was a little out of place. The restaurant wasnt too packed at the time we went [about 3pm] but still. I feel as for our first time there, YES the food was great. But that whole ordeal with us basically seeing 4 different people was kind of unprofessional. Not to mention our drinks werent even refilled. Would I go again-not to this location. BUT the food, again, was great & plentiful one meal for 2 people.

• Visited August 2012