“Best BBQ in KC” 5 of 5 stars

Menu
Improve this listing
Ranked #8 of 1,143 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Entertaining clients, Local cuisine, Large groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Reservations
Kansas City, Kansas
“Best BBQ in KC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

The locations are great, the service is excellent and the food is beyond excellent. Be ready for a wait of up to an hour on weekends, and, if there is an event in town, 2 hours. However, it is worth the wait. They will keep you in cocktails while you wait. This place is really good with large groups of friends (6 or more).

• Visited October 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Boston, Massachusetts
“Great Food/Overall-[minus one waiter]”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

Overall, I give it 3 stars.
Now the food was great! Delishious. My fiance & I shared one plate & it was plentyful!! Ribs, baked beans,cheesy corn, bread- so much it was finger licking GOOD!!

The first impression is everything. Upon entering, we were given this waiter who literally came to our table within 20 seconds of us sitting, asked our drinks & order. I said, can you give us a few this is our first time here-any suggestions? & hes like its all on the menu & walked off. I @ that point was baffled. We looked over the menu, a minute later comes back- 'ready to order?' & i asked him what he recommends. He stated "ribs is the obvious choice" & i just looked @ him oddly. He was very short tempered & I am very well mannered. I said please give us a few extra moments to look @ the menu-& he walked off. I went to a manager & explained- as we eat out at different places alot- & if someone had ticked him off, he was taking it out on the wrong people... the manager then came to the table took our order. A different waitress brought our food, & another one checked on us. I think there- it was a little out of place. The restaurant wasnt too packed at the time we went [about 3pm] but still. I feel as for our first time there, YES the food was great. But that whole ordeal with us basically seeing 4 different people was kind of unprofessional. Not to mention our drinks werent even refilled. Would I go again-not to this location. BUT the food, again, was great & plentiful one meal for 2 people.

• Visited August 2012
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Brown
“Must do it again.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

We had a friend from KC that said this was the one to try when doing BBQ in KC. He was so right. We decided to eat at the one where it started. Trying to get there, we started to question if we were in the right area but keep going it is with it. There was four of us and we usually split meals - thought we were hungry enough to eat a plate each. We had plenty of leftovers. Beef burnt end were our least favorite. Pork ribs and the white bean chili were great choices. Two types of BBQ sauce - we took the leftover sauce home!! Had BBQ in two different places and this was our favorite.

Visited October 2012
Overland Park, Kansas, United States
“Best BBQ sides ever...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2012

Go to the Martin City location and you will not be disappointed. Order the Jack's Best and get the beans and cheesy corn sides. Way too much food for one night, and that is not bad!

Visited September 2012
Sala, Västmanlands Län, Sweden
“Good Food”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

This food was very good. I got the rib sampler here for dinner. I thought this would be a great idea since I am from Pennsylvania and I love ribs. But I really only ended up liking the pork ribs. The lamb ribs gave off a wierd flavor that I didn't like. It's not that the ribs weren't cooked right, I just don't think I like lamb. The beef rib was huge and was really tasty. But, it had a drawback as well. The large amount of fat on the rib was a little rediculous. The pork ribs were amazing. The sides that came with the ribs were also quite tasty.

• Visited March 2012