“Since 1988 this is my favorite ice cream place in all of America” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Coffee Shop, Dessert, Ice Cream
Good for: Families with children, Outdoor seating
Dining options: Dessert
Henderson, NV
“Since 1988 this is my favorite ice cream place in all of America”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

I've been a Murray's fan since 1988. Year after year this little place in Westport has been my standard by which I judge all other ice cream shops nationwide, and I have yet to see it be beaten. From home made waffle cones hand dipped in chocolate to One Drunk Monk with real Bailey's Irish Cream in it, the attention to detail and quality is second to none. But there's one flavor, Chocolate Flake Fromage...that is pure heaven in a cone. When I go back to Kansas City, Murray's is a must stop. I've even booked flights with enough layover time to catch a cab to drive down there just for it. Yes, it really is THAT GOOD! (Parking can be tight but if you park on the West side and walk up the steps behind Californos you can get right to it without fuss!)

• Visited July 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Sulphur Springs, Texas
“THE BEST ICE CREAM”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

My family stayed in a hotel down the street from this shop a year again when we visited KC last summer. We stopped back to it again on our way threw KC on our summer vaction. The ice cream is still good has it was a year ago. It is the best homemade ice cream we have ever had twice. It is still a pricey ice cream but i think it is weither it. The staff is great and asking for a sample is no deal. Flavors change daily and new title come in daily. If I had this ice creanm shop in my home town I would eat there twice a week or more. Hope that you enjoy the ice cream

• Visited July 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City, Missouri
“BEST ICE CREAM IN KANSAS CITY”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 25, 2011

I drive 30 minutes when I want ice cream because it is just that good. My favorite flavor is chocolate flake fromage -- chocolate flakes in a creamcheese-based ice cream.

Murray's weighs each scoop of ice cream to ensure it is the proper weight.

This place is full of character, and the staff is VERY friendly, always willing to give out samples and make recommendations.

• Visited January 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City, Missouri
“Yes, they really do weigh it -- and they'll take some back, too.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 27, 2010

No question Murray's has terrific ice cream. The flavors rotate and there is always something new, as well as the old favorites. My problem with it -- and my wife's, too -- is that not only do they weigh the ice cream, but they'll actually take some back if it is overweight. Heaven forbid the customer get a little extra. Our last visit there had the server creating a truly beautifully-presented cone of my wife's favorite flavor. We all eyed it appreciatively, then came the obligatory weigh-in. What? Too heavy! To our absolute astonishment, the server proceeded to excise a dollop from the top, and to present my wife with the once-lovely cone -- with a perfectly-placed divot on top of the ice cream scoop, spoiling the presentation. Last time for us. Now we go to Glace. Enjoy the ice cream at Murray's, but brace yourself for the weigh-in and for the occasional divot.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Philadelphia
“Don't Go Here”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2009

The ice cream isn't really that good and they give you such a small amount and charge and arm and a leg. And as another poster stated, they do weigh out the scoops on a scale. When the girl behind the counter did that I was like "umm, what are you doing?" Never seen anything quite like that before :)

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere