“Management This Your Sign” 3 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Classic Cup is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #115 of 1,214 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Good for: Romance, Large groups, Outdoor seating, Scenic view
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th Street & Wornall
Kansas City, Missouri
“Management This Your Sign”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

I had dinner there. It took 30 minutes to get a glass of water. Took another 30 minutes to place an order. Took another 30 minutes to get food. They tried to deliver us someone else's meals before figuring out which ones were ours. Took another 30 minutes to get the check, and they mixed up dinners on our credit cards. I missed an event I had planned to attend. We were a table of six and it took 2 1/2 hours for dinner. The food was very good. The waiters were nice. The hostesses at the Classic Cup are always sullen and not welcoming at all. This time was no exception. This is my least favorite place on the Plaza. The location is nice, but the service is so sub-par I don't go there unless I'm meeting others who have already made plans.

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food

“These folks know breakfast!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2013

This is a great place on the Country Club Plaza for a weekend breakfast. The menu changes but classics are retained. The coffee is superb. An excellent place to people watch, as well!

• Visited December 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Falls City, Nebraska
“Too much for too little”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

For a Kansas City Plaza restaurant I was expecting bit more, but what a let down. We waited nearly 40 minutes for our meals and then what a disappointment. The food was really average at best. Perhaps its because we were served from their lunch menu instead of the brunch we had hoped for...we were 5 minutes late for that menu. We watched everyone around us being served eggs, bacon and pancakes while we waited for salads and appetizers! Then we paid the bill...even worse than the food! Sorry, I won't go there again.

Visited December 2013
Independence, Missouri
“just right for lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2013

I don't remember anything I disliked. I had a good sandwich, and a small pot of coffee(about two cup's worth) that had the grounds in the top and water in the bottom. To brew, you plunge the handle in the top, which sends the grounds into the water. Presto changeo, yum coffee!

Visited January 2013
Des Moines, Iowa
“Great Place for Coffee, Meal, Drink”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I have been to the Classic Cup multiple times over the past few years. While I do not live in Kansas City, I inevitably will go to this place for a quick meal or drink whenever I am in KC visiting the Plaza. Located in a very convenient place, this restaurant has an excellent view of the Plaza and is a great place to spend time with family, friends, or colleagues. The food is reasonably priced with a varied selection of gourmet dishes. The coffee is always prepared well -- never burnt. The service is decent. While definitely not one of the top five restaurants in KC, this cafe is certainly in the top 15.

Visited November 2013