“Best Italian in Kansas City” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Cascone's Italian Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #35 of 1,213 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Oak Trafficway & 37th Street
Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Best Italian in Kansas City”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 10, 2013

try any of the Spiedini's. The Antipasto appetizer, fried chicken, lasagna, chicken parm, fettucine alfredo are all family favorites. The atmosphere and "family owned" feeling, set this place apart! Its a MUST try!

• Visited June 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Abilene, Kansas
“Retro Old School Italian Dining and Cocktails”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

Wow a step back in time and great Italian food. I loved the 60s 70s cocktail lounge dining atmosphere. Not overly fancy but just like I remember going to dining & cocktail lounges in the 60s and 70s . The sign cool too. The food was excellent. Service was very good. We had a great family dinner and everyone in the group (9) loved what they ordered. I would do this restaurant anytime I felt like real Italian food or just a quick afterwork cocktail session!

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Leavenworth, Kansas
“Enjoyable Italian dining with great personal touches”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2013

Ate at Cascone's for the first time last night. We had heard about it a number of times from various friends, so were glad to finally dine there with another couple. While some might say that the main dining room areas are 'dated', others would, like me, call it 'charming.' And how many times when you are out dining, do you get one of the owners to stop by your table and make recommendations for your main course? Again, more 'old world charm' that made for a really fun and enjoyable Italian dining experience. We all liked our meals to include the fresh-made pasta and Bolognese sauce dish my wife had, and the great Provimi Veal Limonata dish that I had. While we have always been big fans of Garozzo's on Harrison, now if we are in KC's Northland, we will definitely plan to visit Cascone's as well. Oh, and *definitely* get reservations for a weekend dinner -- you will need them!

• 4 of 5 stars Food
Denver, Colorado
“Uh, Not So Good This Time!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Went here for a lunch-time family reunion. I was not impressed at all! The food was average at best. I heard a lot of complaints from family this time that the tomato sauce was too sweet. I noticed the sweetness but didn't mind it. I ordered the veal parmigian and it was tough (which it is definitely not supposed to be) and it didn't taste fresh. The waitress also asked me which I wanted with my meal - soup or salad. I said the soup. Warning - It was not included with my meal and I had to pay extra for it! It's ok, I took it out of her tip. This place is slipping from my "must haves" when visiting KC. Bummer!

• 3 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Lasagne in Town”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013

This wonderful place has the best lasagne in town. Just wonderful.

Cascone's also has the best red sauce in town. The red sauce has a rich wonderful flavor from hours of cooking with oven roasted bones. The best!

I also enjoy the atmosphere there as it is quiet enough that you can enjoy being there.

This restaurant has been one of my favorite restaurants in KC for many years.