“suprise birthday dinner” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
McCormick & Schmick's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #229 of 1,213 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Romance, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Late Night
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Pennsylvania
“suprise birthday dinner”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

We were in town for my sons birthday and had gotten lucky enough to be staying on the plaza. Weknew McCormicks was on the plaza from a previous visit sowe walked from the hotel to the restaurant. We got there about 8 pm and it was such a beutiful night we sat on the patio, it was a wonderful night. There was a dj performace going on on the sidewalk below. The , usic was great and we really enjoyed the atmosphere. We ordered the ccalamari for an app. It was really good, light batter not spicy. My wife ordered the shrimp trio, my son the fried shrimp and I ordered the swordfish casino, we also ordered a side of lobster potatoes. The food was excellent for the price, the portion size maybe a little small so I was glad we ordered the lobster potatoes. Our server was friendly and attentive, service was a little slow but they were packed on a friday night, and it was such a great night with the music my 12 year old son even had the patience. He really enjoyed his birthday dinner. I would definitely look to return in the future.

Visited April 2014

Kansas City, Missouri
“Average”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014

Visited March 31, 2014 at 5:45 for happy hour. We ordered fish tacos and cheeseburger. We also had a drink. The food wasn't horrible nor was it tasty. Even if they were $1 a piece, I wouldn't order them again. I also ordered the fish tacos with the sauce on the side. Of course, the sauce came on the tacos. The service (bartender) was friendly and basically attentive. Yes, I know this is a seafood place, but why would I spend $25 on an entree if the $6 fish tacos are not tasty? Nahhhh. I will pass on this place.

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Ummmm bad, overpriced, so sad”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 27, 2014

We had reservations and were set right in the middle of complete mania. Server's running on fumes and worn out. My husband ordered stuffed prawns. They were raw in the middle, I had a pasta dish with seafood as well but it was so unimpressive I can't even remember the name. Will Never return.

Big Canoe
“It's very good - I was expecting a little more.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 23, 2014

Four of us went to celebrate an 87th birthday. The setting is very nice and the food was very good. But, service was average at best and often painfully slow. I had noted that this was an 87th birthday when I made the reservations, and they did wish the old guy a happy birthday when we walked in. But, after spending about $250 for dinner, a cupcake with a candle - or something - would have been nice.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Shawnee, Kansas
“Beautiful Restaurant on The Plaza”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

Wonderful setting, great service and the food was delicious. Salmon with fresh asparagus and garlic potato on the side receives double thumbs up by both of us! Leave room for dessert. We ordered the Chocolate Bag which was exactly that - filled with white chocolate mousse and fresh berries, topped with whipped cream. Heavenly and everyone I've talked to seems to know about this sweet delight. Our server recommended most of our selections and he was "spot on!"
I think this restaurant is great for business and personal events and with the Plaza right outside the door, there is plenty to walk around and experience as you continue to talk about the great meal you just enjoyed!

Note: It's winter in KS/MO and the outdoor seating looked great, but it was much too cold to sit outside. Come spring and warmer weather, the decktop setting will be perfect.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere