“GREAT FOOD and Rude Waiter.” 5 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #49 of 1,242 Restaurants in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Entertaining clients, Scenic view, Doing business, Families with children, Special occasions, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
HAMPTON IOWA
“GREAT FOOD and Rude Waiter.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 30, 2014

We had high noon reservations on Monday Jan 27. We were promptly seated in a corner table area...really??? All sorts of table spaces and waiter sticks us into a corner area next to a cold drafty wall. GREAT FOOD for us gals as it was a GIRL's DAY LUNCH. I paid cash for my meal. Waiter came back to table and said to me, "I believe you made a mistake for the cash left in the black folder. I looked again and said, "No, there are two $20.00 bills and the extra $$$ is your tip..so now I did not make an error." "SUGGESTED TIPPING IS 18%. (Not in my world.)...ALL of sudden the waiter was showing his rudeness. Upon leaving I said, " Thank you for your service." " YEAH SURE" was his remark.

• Visited January 2014

“Molto buono!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

I was a little put off that we waited 30 minutes after our reservation to be seated. Fortunately everything was uphill from there. The minestrone was the best I have ever had. My penne alla marie was delicious. The coconut cake was divine. I'll go back for that! Everyone else at our table loved their meal. The wine list was extensive and well priced. The service was excellent. The tab was expensive and worth every penny. This may become our new special occasion restaurant!

Visited January 2014
Kansas City, Missouri
“Johnny Cascone's is better!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 10, 2014

Went there last night with a party. The service was average. Had to ask for water after drinks were delivered to the table. Requests to modify menu items was firmly denied by the owner. Felt more like a child than a paying customer, I did not push the issue any further. Overall the food was okay to good, not excellent, there were some items I enjoyed better than others. Will not go back because of the owner's perceived arrogance and less than average customer service. I guess that is what happens when you "cheat" on your favorite Italian restaurant. Sorry Johnny Cascone's for venturing out of the relationship. Lesson learned, only Johnny Cascone's for me!!!!!

• Visited January 2014
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Olathe, Kansas
“Excellent Dining Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2013

Looking for something different, we had dinner at Jasper's. We had not had dinner at Jasper's since they moved to their current location, which is a loooong time ago. Wow, what have we been missing?!? Overall an incredible dining experience from the service to the food and adult beverages. The wine list was extensive and included reasonably priced to really high end. Our server did a great job with recommendations and was spot on with the wine and dinner selections. We will be back, much sooner this time....

• Visited November 2013
Naples
“Fresh mozzarella and grappa - can't beat that”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2013

First time at Jasper's with our family. Picked Jasper's because they have the best selection of Grappa we've found anywhere. There were 20 choices on their menu. All were excellent. However, the best part was having the mozzarella made for you at the table by the chef himself. With the sweetest tomato, fresh basil, spices and oil, it was awesome. The entrée selection was great. The grappa after dinner topped off a perfect evening. We'll be dining at Jasper's every time we visit Kansas City.

• Visited October 2013