“gon't understand the hype........” 3 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #6 of 1,242 Restaurants in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Barbecue
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Doing business, Entertaining clients, Bar scene, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dessert, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Late Night, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Takeout
Houston, Texas
“gon't understand the hype........”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stayed in a hotel downtown and of wanted to try some Kansas city BBQ. Everyone directed us to Jack Stack. Waited at least an hour for seating so I was expecting some flavorful, smokey, greatness. Long point short, tasted like something I could have grilled myself. While the baked beans were WONDERFUL, the rest of the meal was average. Famous burnt ends were dry, tasteless, and not even luke warm. Cheesy potatoes, were rick, thick and sticky, and the brisket was just tasteless. hoestly I think had a little more care been put into the meal (and seasoning) it would have been good. This place seems to be overwheled by the crowd and dont focus on putting out quality meals.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food

“KC Must Do”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 13, 2013 via mobile

Go here for great BBQ and menu, fantastic atmosphere, and gorgeous facility. I've been several times and never had anything that I'd qualify as less than delicious.

• Visited May 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Omaha, Nebraska
“Great BBQ”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

My wife and I visited the Kansas City area over Easter Weekend so you can imagine how busy the restaurants were. We were able to get into this place twice. At dinner one night we had to eat at the bar because it was so busy but we got a spot right away. I had pulled pork plater and my wife had a BBQ sandwich. IT was so much food but it was very good. The next time we want all I got was the grilled (not fried) Cajun wings appetizer and they were the best I have ever had. We discovered that they will ship there meat anywhere so we are going to order some.

Visited April 2013
“Great bbq. Excellent cheesy corn”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Really enjoyed. Great waitress! Going to a bon jovi concert and looked this place up through trip advisor.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Billings, Montana
“Jack Stack for the tourists”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 12, 2013

Yes, if you are in Kansas City do stop at Jacks Stacks it is an experience. I wouldn't rate it high but a good average place for bar B Q . Most people get the Sampler. The two small ribs were very tasty. The Polish Sausage was over Cooked and dry but spicey. They start you off with a small bowl of cole slaw which is drown in mayonnaise . It has a slight fishy taste. The baked beans are drenched in a molasses sauce. It taste more like candy than beans. The burnt ends are just over cooked pieces of steak with not much taste. The meal was served in seven minutes after ordering. The ambiance is too dark. Nice bar area and the workers are extremely friendly and polite. It has a very large dining area inside, booths, couches and large out door dining.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere