“Lunch with Scott” 4 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Mexican, Californian
Dellwood, United States
“Lunch with Scott”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 3, 2014 via mobile

Great Tacos!! Bartender was great, from England! Worth every penny. Ton of hamburger. Salsa was rock star. Love visiting the place when in KC.

Visited April 2014

Kansas City, Missouri, United States
“Best Tex-Mex”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2014

The food is always great. It's a friendly, easy atmosphere and the BEST margaritas on the PLANET!
Great to sit and munch chips and queso dip on a Friday night.

• Visited February 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Kansas City, Missouri
“Best Margaritas in the World”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

I have been going to Ponaks for going on 12 years now and after having tried practically all their competitions margaritas in that time, I can without any reservation say that Ponak's margaritas are the very very best I have ever had in my life. Made fresh every day, with no mix involved, and a secret recipe that involves 4 basic ingredients, tequilla, lime juice, triple sec and sprite, and that's it. The food options down here are about what you'd expect from your typical mexican place. I do have to say that they've increased the offerings in the last few years and the prices are well on the budget side of mexican fair in KC. If they ever fix their substandard salsa, which is really not very good, to go alone with their amazing cheese dip and guac, they will then excel to a place few have gone before. Try the mole enchiladas, the beef fajittas, the Burrito Papas or the Taca Sonora. some of my favorites!

Visited March 2014
“Favorite Mexican restaurant in K.C.!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014 via mobile

This is our absolute favorite place to go! The atmosphere is fun, staff is very friendly and never try to rush you. Chips and salsa are awesome, but the guacamole is even better! I have yet to have anything there that I would not order again. I'm not a margarita fan, but seeing how many pitchers are served, they have to be pretty good as well. Trust me, the bartenders know how to make a good drink!! There is usually a long wait if you go Saturday evening, but there is a reason. To us, it's just an all around awesome place to go.

Visited February 2014
kansas city
“Nothing Extraordinary”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014

I don't understand why this restaurant is so often recommended. I find the food is good, but never above average. I could have made better tacos at home. I found the margaritas to be too strong with no flavor. I would go back with a group of friends because the atmosphere is fun. However with all the great Mexican restaurants in Kansas City this would not be on my list to recommend.

• Visited January 2014