“Excellent filet, but service little slow.” 4 of 5 stars

Good for: Entertaining clients, Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Jefferson
“Excellent filet, but service little slow.”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 2, 2013

The filet was excellent, nice flavorand very tender.
All food items were good , but service was little slow.

Visited June 2013

Riverside
“Not sure if I'll be back”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Don't get me wrong, Ruth's has probably some of the best tasting steak I've had but that is what you should expect when you are paying a premium for it. This was my 4th trip here over several years and it seems to be going downhill, both service and quality. Doubt I'll be back.

I ordered the ribeye cooked medium to medium well. I wanted it to be just under medium with a lot of pink. My better half ordered a filet cooked medium. When we got the steaks and cut into the edge, it looked much more done than I would have liked but figured the center would be ok. Not so much. After getting into the steak, it was all but well done inside. Unacceptable. I sent it back which I never do but I'm not paying $40 for a well done steak. The filet was well done too. My new ribeye came back undercooked this time which I was afraid of. The steak had great flavor though, but when I'm sitting there with nothing to eat because they screwed up the first steak it really ruined the night. The mashed potatoes were just ok, you can get better from KFC. The mushrooms were not good. The service wasn't great either.

Probably won't be back which is a shame because we made this a must go place to eat almost every time we've been to KC.

• Visited August 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 3 of 5 stars Food
Leawood, Kansas
“Probably the best filets in Kansas City”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 18, 2013

For a chain, Ruth's Chris probably has the best and most tender filets. We have been to the Ruth's in Kansas City and the one in downtown St. Louis and enjoyed them both. The fixed price combination is a very good value. I am not a big beef fan but Ruth's Chris has some of the best filets I have ever had. The filets are tender and cooked to your exact order. We have never been dissapointed with their food. The atmosphere in the Kansas City location is a little to dark for our liking though. Nice wine selection.

• Visited June 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
N.W.A.
“Maybe it was an off night.”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 6, 2013

I usually do not eat at chain restaurants, but Ruth's Chris usually does a decent job. I have eaten at many across the nation (usually out of convenience). I returned my Ribeye twice, and it was far from a quality cut

Visited June 2013
“Ruth is boss”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 26, 2013 via mobile

Over the past three years I have been here at least twenty times. I have had everything on the menu except the porterhouse.

Only thing on the menu I did not like was the lamb. Everything else though is amazing.

DO NOT go on the weekends. Sevice goes way down hill along with the steaks. You could seriously wait a hour or so once you put your order in. We always go during the week. The last time we went on a Friday with a large party the party that took us has not been back. We went last night though and Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.

• Visited July 2013