“The Place for a "Splurge" Celebration in Kansas City.” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1,141 Restaurants in Kansas City
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Seafood
Good for: Doing business, Bar scene, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Entertaining clients
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Dessert, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
Kansas
“The Place for a "Splurge" Celebration in Kansas City.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2010

I have been to Capital Grille on the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City a few times, always for a celebration, and I have never been disappointed. If you tell the maître d’ while making the reservation of your special event, not only will they congratulate/acknowledge the event when you arrive, but for celebrations, the table is tastefully decorated. The dining rooms are what you want in a fine steakhouse; dark, wood paneled, portraits on the walls, all make for a classy room. The wait staff is large and attentive, but not overbearing. One time I mentioned I had forgotten my glasses, and they brought around 10-12 pairs to see if they would work; and they did. The steaks are out of this world; they are cooked exactly as you order them. All the appetizers and sides are also perfectly prepared; the creamed spinach is a "must" for our meals there. My youngest daughter once stated this was her favorite restaurant, but she has never been there; it was based on enjoying our leftover the next morning! This is a "splurge" restaurant; it isn't cheap. But, if you are looking for a very special spot for a very special evening, the Capital Grille in Kansas City can't be beat.

Overland Park, Kansas
“Awecome! I loved everything!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2010

My sister and I went for lunch to celebrate my birthday. They treated us amazingly. We both had salads with calamari for our starter. They brought us chocolate cheesecake to us free, which was beautifully decorated in with "Happy Birthday" written in chocolate syrup across the plate. Thank you Capital Grill for the wonderful experience.

Kansas City, Missouri
“For what you are getting it is worth the price.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 7, 2010

We went for lunch, which makes things less expensive, but the expeirence was still great. We had excellent service, never once asked for anything, anticipated our needs and new how to interact...have his business card too...which is a nice touch. The food and experience were excellent, isn't that the main reason to dine out anyway.

midwest
“Loved our experience here”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2010

My husband and I ate here August 2010. They were having a special wine tasting which was a wonderful addition. We were able to experience 7 different wines from 3 countries, very nice. I ordered the cedar plank salmon. It was cooked perfectly! My husband had the delmonico with the kona rub. He thought it was the best prepared steak he has ever had. We split the chopped salad which was good, not great, and the lobster mac and cheese, which was good, but too rich for my taste. We had the coconut cream pie for dessert, the absolute best we have ever had. Wonderful attentive service, romantic atmosphere, a great place for a special date!

Center Point, IA
“Top Notch Hands Down”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

I wanted to choose a romantic restaurant with attentive staff for a very special dinner to celebrate our 23rd anniversary. I used the OpenTable link on this site to make reservations and order flowers delivered to the table. In addition to this, I hired a local violinist to play privately for us. All of this was a surprise for my wife!
Everything came together perfectly and it was a wonderful evening.
The staff was excellent, even greeting us with congratulations on our anniversary.
I had asked for a private secluded table and the manager did an excellent job of giving us a nice table in the corner of a smaller room that had 5 other tables.
The food was excellent. We had absolutely no complaints about anything with the meal.
The staff was excellent from the hostess, to the waiter, to the manager.
The valet staff did an excellent job of greeting us, opening doors, and retrieving the vehicle immediately.
The only downside to the evening was another couple at a table very near us. It started with the woman becoming “stupid drunk”, getting progressively louder, more rude to her date, then proceeding to profanity and very private details of her past. Eventually we couldn’t ignore them any longer as other patrons nearby had left and they were the only other couple in the side room making [loud] conversation.
I spoke to the couple, pointed out their indiscretion, and asked them to take their private conversation elsewhere. They were quiet for a time, and then returned to their indiscreet patter.
At this point we asked for the bill and left. The manager, upon hearing of this, was appalled and went directly to deal with the indiscreet guests.
Fortunately, the rest of the preparations on my part and the dining experience were excellent.
It just goes to show you that money does not equal class. ;-)