“Fantastic dining experience” 5 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 1,213 Restaurants in Kansas City
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 47th
Description: In the heart of Country Club Plaza and the mind of the true steak aficionado. The “city of fountains” is overflowing with luck as it is also the city of our dry aged, hand cut beef. Come see why one Ingram’s critic wrote, “I was speechless.” Two new private dining rooms now give you a grand choice of five in which to be speechless yourself.
Kansas City, Missouri
“Fantastic dining experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

We went for dinner and enjoyed our meals immensely. My spouses steak was huge and he loved the kona rub with the shallot butter sauce. He ordered the au gratin potatoes which I tried and they were great, sliced so they cooked evenly and smothered in a wonderful cheese sauce and topped with panko breadcrumbs. I had the sushi grade tuna that was seared with sesame seeds and served with 3 dipping sauces that were asian inspired as was the ginger infused jasmine rice, it was terrific and I was impressed the tuna preparation. I ordered as my side the lobster mac and cheese, and while maybe not the perfect choice for the tuna it is my favorite side so I have to get it when we go.
We finished the mac and brought the potatoes home as it would warm up better. My husband brought home half his steak and helped me finish the tuna. For dessert we split the coconut cream pie and were both blown away by the "crust" which is more like a cookie/cake texture. It was topped with a wonderful sugar cookie that by itself was awesome when dipped in the whip cream. We also had a nice bottle of wine, the wine we ordered was not the vintage stated so the waiter offered an upgrade for a better wine instead of the newer vintage. Service, atmosphere, and food were all fabulous. If you have not been be prepared to pay but it is about the same as Ruth's Chris and Plaza III, a local steakhouse. If you want to impress someone and you are willing to spend a bit for the experience this is our choice.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

Nebraska
“Great steak and a happening bar”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2012

A buddy and I ate here on a Friday night. It was packed. I had made reservations for 8:45 and it was rocking when we got there at 8:15. They have a nice bar area, but there was no chance of getting a seat. The bartenders were attentive though and did a nice job of taking orders from those of us squeezing in behind the seated patrons and giving indication of wanting to order a drink. I had the Delmonico steak and my friend had the scallops. We split asparagus. They also have a great basket of bread that had 3 or 4 different kids of bread that was real good. The service was great. Lots of support staff handling water and plate clearing. This was clearly a staff that was well-trained. Nice wine selection, but I thought the cocktail list was a bit eccentric. I would go again in a heartbeat. Dinner for 2 as noted above, 5 glasses of wine total, and the side of asparagus. $172 plus tip. Worth the price.

• 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Kansas City
“Excellent Restaurant, but bring your wallet”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2012

Food is outstanding, but you'll spend quite a bit.

Visited March 2011
Alexandria, VA
“Get the Dry Aged Sirloin with Shallot Butter”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2012

Kansas City is known for its beef, but the steak at Capital Grille is off the charts. I would also recommend the lobster mac and cheese as a side, as well as the prosciutto wrapped mozzarella as an appetizer.

• 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
St. Louis
“Always Tasty”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2012

Great steaks, calamari, and lobster macaroni and cheese. Beautiful restaurant and located on the Country Club Plaza.

Visited February 2012