“Cupcake heaven!” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Bakery
Missouri
“Cupcake heaven!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

This is my all time favorite cupcake place. It's a little expensive but well worth it! I try different cupcakes at all if the different places I travel to and Cupcake A La Mode still seems to take the cake everytime! Nothing beats this place. My favorite is the gold digger!

• Visited June 2013

Sikeston, Missouri
“Stop and enjoy a cupcake.....or two....”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Friends recommended this place and we did enjoy the little stop and break. Parking in the area is pretty intense because it is parallel and traffic is heavy. Cupcakes were really good!

Visited May 2013
Overland Park, Kansas
“Best cupcakes in KC”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2013

Hands-down the best cupcakes in KC. The cake is always moist and I love trying the new monthly flavors. The service is always friendly (at both locations). They run out early and monday's are $2 cupcakes!
They will make mini cupcakes in advance for you. We ordered the minis for a kid's party and they were great.

Dallas, Texas
“Great Red Velvet Cupcakes but Rude & Strange Employee”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We buy cupcakes here 3-4 times a month. While we have tried almost every cupcake the Red Velvet is by far the best. I buy a dozen cupcakes everytime I stop by the Plaza location. This weekend we spent 4 days in KC & went there daily. The employee @ the Plaza location is rude & I am putting it kindly. She also lacks personality & doesn't seem to care what the customer has to say or request. She just doesn't care & her attitude reflects it. After picking up our cupcakes before heading back home, we see this employee at Forever 21 shopping. She has this huge shopping bag & upon checking out she had the Forever 21 this huge shopping bag filled with boxes of cupcakes & had to be atleast 2 dozen cupcakes. I was behind her @ the checkout & behind me was another family that had also purchased cupcakes. On Monday's they sell their cupcakes for $2 each & I purchased a dozen which was over $25 & on any other day I was there came to over $40. I find it strange to sell the cupcakes & 10 mintues she gave them away. The woman behind me said it would have been nice to receive an extra cupcake for free since she was also a good customer but she gave them to the sales staff at Forever 21. Must have been the discount they gave her. Kind of a slap in the face to repeat loyal customers. I think I will take my business else where & the woman behind me in line said the same thing. She was rude to her customers & wanted to close but she was all smiles when giving them away free in exchange for a discount on clothes. Park Place location closes when ever they want so you can't go by the posted hours of operation. I never expect anything I do not pay for but when she is giving them away why not treat your good customers to an extra cupcake & drop the rude attitude for once. To many places in KC selling yummy cupcakes & they are not rude & keep to their posted hours. Pass or stop by if you like rude employee's that rarely smile. I will pass!

• 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013 via mobile

This place has both interesting (but not too crazy) flavors and delicious cake that is super moist. We tried it on Saturday and had to go back on Monday for seconds (and thirds and fourths) !